SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 11:19 AM
SageTVaholic

@jbarr, There's a menuGen.log file in the recording subdir, can you post that for me? Also, the screenshots of the directory contents are incredibly handy, thanks!

@everyone, I've got another build I'll release tonight that should fix a lot of these issues, including adding an option to use a centralized work folder

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 11-20-2006, 11:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

OK, attached is the menuGen.log file....

Looking forward to the new build!
Attached Files
File Type: txt menuGen.log.txt (441.9 KB, 294 views)

HTPC: AMD ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 Motherboard; Athlon 64 3200+ Orleans 2.0GHz; 2GB RAM; eVGA 256MB Geforce 7300LE; 1x40GB IDE HDD (OS), 2xSeagate Barracuda 320GB SATA HDD (Recordings); Antec Overture II Case; Windows XP Pro SP2; SageTV v6.5
STV: SageMC
Video sources: Currently, none. I'm using SageTV for Music, Photos, and Video playback.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarr
Evil,

OK, things seem to be working up to a point: I get files in the c:\sageOthers directory (see dir listing attached), I get files in my work directory M:\DVDWork (see dir listing attached), and a subdirectory of my Recordings directory (S:\Recordings) gets created for the recording I selected (see dir listing attached). In THAT directoy I see 14 files created including .MPG files, .JPG files, and some log, batch, and info files. So far, so good.

In SageTV under Other Programs, the status screen shows "Red", or error.

It appears to not be making it past the "menugen" part. I watched the directory, and hundreds of .png files were created (presumably having something to do with an animated menu?) and then they disappeared. I expected that at that point the menuBackground.menu.mpg file would be created, but apparantly it was not.

I attached logs and some other files if you care to look....
It looks like there are some problem characters in the program description that are messing everything up. Do me a favor, first, edit menuGen.bat and remove the back-ticks (`) from the episode descrition and enable debugging “Leave files for debugging =1”and re it. If that works (creates menuBackground.menu.mpg), go ahead and open your perl2dvd.advanced.pref file and change these two lines…

Code:
General: RegEX to Strip out problem characters for file names='|"|\\|/|\||<|>|:|\*|\?|\&|\;
General: RegEX to strip out problem characters for menu generation='|\&|\;
To

Code:
General: RegEX to Strip out problem characters for file names='|"|\\|/|\||<|>|:|\*|\?|\&|\;|`
General: RegEX to strip out problem characters for menu generation='|\&|\;|`
Then delete the "qdvd.work" file for that project to get it to re-try the whole thing again.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 11-20-2006, 11:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Testing now... Ain't Logmein.com and VNC a wonderful thing?!?

HTPC: AMD ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 Motherboard; Athlon 64 3200+ Orleans 2.0GHz; 2GB RAM; eVGA 256MB Geforce 7300LE; 1x40GB IDE HDD (OS), 2xSeagate Barracuda 320GB SATA HDD (Recordings); Antec Overture II Case; Windows XP Pro SP2; SageTV v6.5
Video sources: Currently, none. I'm using SageTV for Music, Photos, and Video playback.

Last edited by jbarr; 11-20-2006 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Same results this time. I tried to re-run the .bat file, but must have messed something up, so I just cleared out everything, updated the advanced.prefs file, and started over.

Attached are logs and files. The description now has no back quotes, but the menu .mpg file is still missing.

It has to be something simple that I'm missing....

We're getting close!
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs and related files.zip (23.6 KB, 282 views)
File Type: txt perl2dvd.pref.txt (598 Bytes, 277 views)
File Type: txt perl2dvd.advanced.pref.txt (3.4 KB, 298 views)

Old 11-20-2006, 01:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Off topic: Screen Capture

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
@jbarr, ...Also, the screenshots of the directory contents are incredibly handy, thanks!
I'm using a very slick freeware screen capture app called FastStone Capture from http://www.faststone.org I found it through a very cool site called http://www.portablefreeware.com/ that specilaizes in "portable" (ie: runnable from USB drives) applications. Lots of nifty and useful apps to play with there!

Old 11-20-2006, 01:33 PM
SageTVaholic

@jbarr - Figured it out, the fix will be in the next build

Old 11-20-2006, 02:49 PM
Sage User

Hey evilpenguin, Another thing i noticed (no biggy.. maybe it suppose to be like this) is that on the created dvd, the menu buttons do not get highlighted. Like on the 2nd menu with the mini slideshow (which kicks ass) there are two buttons "play" and "main menu" i can't tell which button i am on. Is there suppose to be a 2nd button png.. for like a mouseover effect type deal?
Old 11-20-2006, 02:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Nope, you should have nice little arrows that look like the attached picture. Can I get you to post a menuGen.log file for me?

Old 11-20-2006, 03:13 PM
Sage User

hmm i can't seem to find a menugen.log... is it one of the files that gets cleaned up after the whole process is done? If so i can grab one next time.
I've got a menugen.gen?

I do see that arrow on the first menu page where you choose an episode. Just not on the second episode menu.
Attached Files
File Type: zip menuGen.gen.zip (577 Bytes, 280 views)
Old 11-20-2006, 03:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruenerXII
hmm i can't seem to find a menugen.log... is it one of the files that gets cleaned up after the whole process is done? If so i can grab one next time.
I've got a menugen.gen?

I do see that arrow on the first menu page where you choose an episode. Just not on the second episode menu.
Have you tried playing the DVD in any player other than Sage?

Old 11-20-2006, 03:26 PM
Sage User

Just tried it on this PC i am on now (not my HTPC) with mediaplayer, realplayer and windvd.. all just give me the arrow on the first menu. I cant do anything on any of these players as the mouse doesnt work on the 2nd page. At least with Sage i can use my remote thats the only way i can get them to play. All i have are PC's to try it on right now..
Old 11-20-2006, 03:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Just tried it on this PC i am on now (not my HTPC) with mediaplayer, realplayer and windvd.. all just give me the arrow on the first menu. I cant do anything on any of these players as the mouse doesnt work on the 2nd page. At least with Sage i can use my remote thats the only way i can get them to play. All i have are PC's to try it on right now..
Ok, then can you set the "Save files for debugging" to 1 in your advanced.pref file so that the work folder doesn't get deleted, and then post menuGen.log as well as
Code:
D:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Images_bt\menuGen.override
if it exists.

Old 11-20-2006, 04:12 PM
Sage User

OK here are those files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip menuGen.zip (14.4 KB, 269 views)
Old 11-20-2006, 04:44 PM
Sage User

Doh, hope you didn't hurt your brain to much looking through that log file for errors because i just burned that dvd and now the arrows are showing up!
I dont think i changed anything.. the first couple burns didn't work.. i dunno..
works! cheers!
Old 11-20-2006, 05:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Doh, hope you didn't hurt your brain to much looking through that log file for errors because i just burned that dvd and now the arrows are showing up!
I dont think i changed anything.. the first couple burns didn't work.. i dunno..
works! cheers!
Yeah, I've noticed that sometimes software DVD players have trouble with submenu buttons when they're playing from the file system. Never really figured out why. Oh well, glad it works for ya

Old 11-20-2006, 05:52 PM
Sage Expert

This is a great tool! I can't wait to try it out. Is there anyway to add the option per video to process the commercials out automatically using a Showanalyzer result and a command line videoredo call?

Thanks!
Old 11-20-2006, 05:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt
This is a great tool! I can't wait to try it out. Is there anyway to add the option per video to process the commercials out automatically using a Showanalyzer result and a command line videoredo call?

Thanks!
I'm confused about what your asking. Are you looking for...

a) The ability to choose on a show by show basis if commercials get cut out
b) The ability to cut commercials without compressing
c) ???

Old 11-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
I'm confused about what your asking. Are you looking for...

a) The ability to choose on a show by show basis if commercials get cut out
b) The ability to cut commercials without compressing
c) ???
Sorry for the confusion...I'll try again. Right now I use ShowAnalyzer to detect commericals and generate a file with the commercials marked. I can convert that file to a format that VideoRedo understands and have VideoRedo cut my commericals. I do this before I burn a DVD to save space and make a commercial free program. If I use your import, can I have your import automate this process before burning the DVD....run the convertion file on the ShowAnalyzer file and feed the result to VideoRedo.

The second part is being able to choose this per video that you add to the DVD queue...not all my shows have great commercial skip results so I wouldn't want commercial skip to be the default action.

Thanks!

Last edited by Deadbolt; 11-20-2006 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Wait, now I get it, you want to replace the original recording with the cut recording, right?

Closed Thread