SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 10:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Talking SourceForged!

From now on the downloads will be hosted by the good people over at SourceForge.

https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=181485

This is going to make developing much easier!

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 12-06-2006, 05:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Were you using IE or something like FireFox? The download section has problems if you use something other than IE to upload. I had problems because I forgot this myself.

BobP.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix
Were you using IE or something like FireFox? The download section has problems if you use something other than IE to upload. I had problems because I forgot this myself.

BobP.
I tried IE and firefox, but I just don't think it liked my file size. It's not big deal though, cause I wanted to start using version control anyway plus the download is only going to get bigger as time goes on.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 12-08-2006, 02:00 PM
Sage User

Excellent work.

My DVD tests do not play any sound.
What could cause this problem?
Old 12-08-2006, 02:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by madMan
Excellent work.

My DVD tests do not play any sound.
What could cause this problem?
Are these DVD's being played in Sage or an actual standalone DVD player?

Old 12-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
Are these DVD's being played in Sage or an actual standalone DVD player?
ahhh
Works fine on a standalone player.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by madMan
ahhh
Works fine on a standalone player.
Do all of you other DVD's work fine in Sage?

Old 12-10-2006, 09:22 PM
Sage Expert

Is there anyway to setup imgBurn to burn the DVD to automatically burn to an isofile in a set directory instead of to disk? I use extenders and am not always near the computer to put in a disk. It would be sweet to be able to just be writing .ISOs for a later burn session.

Great import! Love it!
Old 12-10-2006, 09:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt
Is there anyway to setup imgBurn to burn the DVD to automatically burn to an isofile in a set directory instead of to disk? I use extenders and am not always near the computer to put in a disk. It would be sweet to be able to just be writing .ISOs for a later burn session.

Great import! Love it!
I'm a little confused by what your asking, can you give me a step by step example?

Old 12-11-2006, 06:50 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I'm a little confused by what your asking, can you give me a step by step example?
Sure.

1) select movies for burning as normal
2) select process movie
3) end up with an iso in a folder of the DVD instead of a burned DVD in the drive
Old 12-11-2006, 08:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sure.

1) select movies for burning as normal
2) select process movie
3) end up with an iso in a folder of the DVD instead of a burned DVD in the drive
Now i'm with you.

The good news is that i'm already doing that How the process works is when you select a show to burn to DVD, it processes it and outputs and .iso file and a batch file that lets sage burn the batch file. So, if you were to point your sageOther's folder to an existing folder you don't care about in the perl2dvd.pref and use a centralized work folder in the sage.advanced.pref then you'd just about have what your talking about.

Old 12-11-2006, 09:03 AM
SageTVaholic

My server runs Dirmon2 and comskip. I plan to add a DVD burner to one of my clients. Am I correct in that all the heavy lifting can still be handled by the server and all the client will have to do is burn the DVD? If I'm correct, how much load is placed on the client in this scenario? Mine is underclocked and relatively meager so I don't want to run anything too demanding on the client.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade
My server runs Dirmon2 and comskip. I plan to add a DVD burner to one of my clients. Am I correct in that all the heavy lifting can still be handled by the server and all the client will have to do is burn the DVD? If I'm correct, how much load is placed on the client in this scenario? Mine is underclocked and relatively meager so I don't want to run anything too demanding on the client.
Yep, that is correct. The only thing a scheduling PC needs to do is run a really quick little app every time you select a show to add to the DVD/compress. Then the only thing a burning PC needs to do is run imgBurn, which also isn’t that processor intensive. Everything in between gets completely taken care of by the transcoding PC.

Old 12-11-2006, 07:53 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Now i'm with you.

The good news is that i'm already doing that How the process works is when you select a show to burn to DVD, it processes it and outputs and .iso file and a batch file that lets sage burn the batch file. So, if you were to point your sageOther's folder to an existing folder you don't care about in the perl2dvd.pref and use a centralized work folder in the sage.advanced.pref then you'd just about have what your talking about.
Sweetness! Thanks!
Old 12-11-2006, 08:30 PM
Sage Expert

Quick question....I run in SageTV in Service Mode. Will the DVD burning still work? I mean, will ImgBurn and all that be called even if you are not logged in?
Old 12-11-2006, 08:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've got the plugin working good, it creates multi-video dvds and burns fine. Problem though, the DVD plays with no sound. All my recordings are from my R5000 moded receivers although the content I tried burning was standard definition. The video plays great, just no sound and I checked using DVDshrink that there is no audio stream. Is there a setting I need to change or check for?
Old 12-11-2006, 09:36 PM

Am I the only one having trouble with the download?

For some reason, The download from SourceForge will not "unzip" for me. Both XP and WinZip have deemed it corrupt. Am I missing something?

Rob
Old 12-11-2006, 11:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoeting
For some reason, The download from SourceForge will not "unzip" for me. Both XP and WinZip have deemed it corrupt. Am I missing something?

Rob
Yeah, sorry, I keep meaning to fix that, it's a 7zip file. You can either download 7zip or use winrar to open it.

Old 12-12-2006, 06:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotguy7ca
I've got the plugin working good, it creates multi-video dvds and burns fine. Problem though, the DVD plays with no sound. All my recordings are from my R5000 moded receivers although the content I tried burning was standard definition. The video plays great, just no sound and I checked using DVDshrink that there is no audio stream. Is there a setting I need to change or check for?
Can you go into your perl2dvd.advanced.pref and enable saving a .zip file (should be 2nd to last), burn a new DVD, and then post the .zip file it creates? That should let me know what's going on.

Old 12-12-2006, 06:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Quick question....I run in SageTV in Service Mode. Will the DVD burning still work? I mean, will ImgBurn and all that be called even if you are not logged in?
I think you've got the wrong idea about how this plug-in works. When the plug-in is done creating a DVD it generates a batch file for the Other Programs menu that you can launch whenever you want to burn the DVD; It doesn't happen automatically.

Closed Thread