SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 08:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just left a message in the Other Programs thread.

I don't see a picture in the "other programs" menu. I see the item, but no picture.

By the way, can I rename it from Other Programs to something (does it matter)?
Old 12-12-2006, 10:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
Can you go into your perl2dvd.advanced.pref and enable saving a .zip file (should be 2nd to last), burn a new DVD, and then post the .zip file it creates? That should let me know what's going on.
Here ya go.

Last edited by pilotguy7ca; 12-22-2007 at 08:16 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotguy7ca
Here ya go.
Ok, I see the problem now. I'll try and have it fixed for the next release.

Basically, shows with AC3 sound need to be processed in a different order or they lose their audio like you're seeing. Normally I detect this by just checking the video resolution to see if it's HD, but your show is different because it's got an SD resolution. Out of curiosity, what type of tuner are you using?

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 12-12-2006 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Ok, I see the problem now. I'll try and have it fixed for the next release.

Basically, shows with AC3 sound need to be processed in a different order or they lose their audio like you're seeing. Normally I detect this by just checking the video resolution to see if it's HD, but your show is different because it's got an SD resolution. Out of curiosity, what type of tuner are you using?
Thanks for looking into the issue I've got a couple of Nextcomm R5000 modded Motorola DSR505HD's so I record both HD and SD directly over USB. So I guess the audio is AC3 regardless if its HD or SD with this setup?
Old 12-15-2006, 09:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey evilpenguin,

Just to let you know that I downloaded the latest version of the stvi zip file from SourceForge and WinZip 11 was unable to open it. It said it was an invalid archive. WinRAR had no problem though.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:03 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Are these DVD's being played in Sage or an actual standalone DVD player?
I have problems with some retail DVD's. I get a CSS error but I don't usually have problem with my homemade disks.

I record a lot of sporting events and this program compresses it so that it is a bit too pixilated. Is there a way to either stop the compression (burn the file the same size as I recorded in instead of nearly half the size) or make it multi-pass encode?
Old 12-18-2006, 01:11 PM
SageTVaholic

A pretty good rule of thumb is that a 4.7 gig DVD can only handle 1.5 hours of DVD standard video and, unfortunately, most sports events are well over that. When that happens my script has to recompress the video to a much lower bitrate to try and get it all to fit onto a single DVD.

Well, now that I think about it, for a single show like a movie or a sports game, theres really no reason why I can't split the video and just make multiple DVD's... hmmm...

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 12-18-2006, 02:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Since I haven't been very active the last week or so I thought i'd throw down a little preview for what i'll be working on over the next couple of weeks...

1) Dirmon2 and the Other Program menu have treated me well up to this point, but its time we parted ways. I've been doing a lot of work the last few releases to give perl2dvd true CLI capabilities, as shown by the batch files, and using this launching method I can now queue and run compression jobs straight from within Sage. This means that with a little studio work I should be able to completely duplicate level of integration of the stock compression system.

2) As shown by a few of the youtube videos i've posted i'm fairly certain I can start producing full motion video DVD menus very soon. Unfortunately, the only kicker will be that the program that lets me do it always wants to steal focus when it runs. This will most likely mean that unless you're running the transcoding on a server where it doesn't matter who's got focus, you'll probably want to stick to the slide show.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 12-18-2006 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Sage Expert

Evil,

Is there a way to set up the system so that it runs as a priority of Idle so as to not interfere with other programs?

Thanks!
Deadbolt
Old 12-22-2006, 11:48 PM
Sage Icon

I would like to try the SageMC video compression tools, but I am having trouble!

The trouble with installing SageMC Video Tools STVi is with step 1. I download the Perl2dvd file from Sourceforce. Then I try to extract the file with Winzip, and I get this error message:

Cannot open file, it does not appear to be a valid archive. If you downloaded this file, try downloading the file again.

I have tried re-downloading the file several times, and keep getting the error message!

Dave
Old 12-23-2006, 08:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan
I would like to try the SageMC video compression tools, but I am having trouble!

The trouble with installing SageMC Video Tools STVi is with step 1. I download the Perl2dvd file from Sourceforce. Then I try to extract the file with Winzip, and I get this error message:

Cannot open file, it does not appear to be a valid archive. If you downloaded this file, try downloading the file again.

I have tried re-downloading the file several times, and keep getting the error message!

Dave
Hi Dave,

I think the file is actually a 7zip file, so you need something like Winrar to extract it.

Dirk
Old 12-23-2006, 08:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Hi Dave,

I think the file is actually a 7zip file, so you need something like Winrar to extract it.

Dirk
Flachbar,

Thank you for letting me know about trying 7zip! I never heard about 7zip before. I downloaded the free 7zip extraction software and was able to extract the file's contents right away.

If there was a note near the download link about using 7zip, then others might not make the same error, assuming that it is a standard Windows zip archive file.

Dave
Old 12-23-2006, 08:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan
Flachbar,

Thank you for letting me know about trying 7zip! I never heard about 7zip before. I downloaded the free 7zip extraction software and was able to extract the file's contents right away.

If there was a note near the download link about using 7zip, then others might not make the same error, assuming that it is a standard Windows zip archive file.

Dave
Yeah, I'm sure EP is listening...

Dirk
Old 12-23-2006, 04:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Installing DVD burning STVi

Cane someone help me. I'm following the directions on how to install the software for the DVD burning but running into problems. I am running V6.0.18.118 I already changed by STV when I loaded version 6 with Comskip and that is working.

I then tried to load the DVD Burning STVI and import it. Three times I tried it said it did but when I now click on a recoding I don't see the burning option. I installed the DIRmone and imgburn. I also lost the Google choice I noticed under media options. I only have weather as a choice.

Any ideas what to do?
Old 12-27-2006, 08:48 AM
SageTVaholic

I installed this plug-in last night and it appears to work very well. I do have a few problems though. When I view the shows being burned in Sage I have no status indicator. All I have is the title and an empty box. Also it didn't include any show info like the screen shots show.

Is there a way to have the burning process run in the background so that it doesn't steal focus? It minimized Sage to the tray when I ran it yesterday. I use FSE if that makes a difference.

I also have it set to cut commercials. When doing this does it use the edl files that I've already generated or does it run comskip and generate its own?

Say I have a show that is +6 gigs and want to burn it to a 4.7 gig DVD. Does it automatically resize the show to fit on the DVD?

Sorry for all the questions, but I hate wasting a lot of disks learning everything through trial and error.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade

I also have it set to cut commercials. When doing this does it use the edl files that I've already generated or does it run comskip and generate its own?
Yeah, I think it uses the already generated edl files

Quote:
Say I have a show that is +6 gigs and want to burn it to a 4.7 gig DVD. Does it automatically resize the show to fit on the DVD?
Yep, if the show doesn't fit on the DVD, it will run mencoder to re-encode the video. If it is small enough to fit, it will copy the video in original quality without re-encoding.

OT: clean out your inbox, I can't send you any PMs

Dirk
Old 12-29-2006, 08:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Oops, I didn't know it was full.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

errors in dvdlist.log

When I select burn to disk nothing happens and this is the log generated. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brian

----------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to add2dvdq v2.0a
Staring Proccesing at

------------------Advanced Preferences--------------------
non-MPEG file info regEX = \d{1,2}x\d{1,2} -
Optional path to SageTV or SageClient executable relative burning computer for .bat file =
Optional other programs special extention = _x
Disable creating readable file names = 0
RegEX for stripping out illigal charactors in readable filename = '|"|\\|/|\||<|>|:|\*|\?|\&|\;|`
burnImage =
Found 6 advanced preferences
gm = C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\perl2DVD\gm.exe
burnImage = C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\perl2DVD\burnImage.jpg

Incorrect number of parameters
Old 12-30-2006, 01:43 PM
Sage User

Question Big Blue Dot and Image Burn

So I think this thing is installed... however i only see this Image Burn Graphic with a big blue dot. Once I saw the graphic with a yellow dot,, then it eventually changed to blu. And even once I saw the image burn graphic with a dvd logo. When I clicked that one it burned a dvd but it did nor burn the audio....

Any thoughts anyone????
Ed

Old 12-30-2006, 06:54 PM
Sage User

Burning to DVD after image file created.

Hi everyone. First post for me here. I have had SageTV for about a week and love all the cool extras. I have installed the burn to DVD import and the .img file is created in my video folder. There is also a batch file xyz.dvdList.0.burn.bat that runs imgburn. I have 2 questions about this:

1. After all files are processed and I go to other programs in Sage and select the DVD I created, it opens the sageothers folder and puts Sage to sleep mode. It there a way to make it automatically burn the DVD when the files are ready?

2. If I manually run the .bat file to burn the DVD, it writes the leadin then crashes writing the image. OK, nevermind that, it just worked with AnyDVD disabled, so if you have AnyDVD, disable it!

Also, my image is slightly too large for the DVD. I read earlier in this post that it would reduce the image size before burning, but something isn't set up right for that to happen on my end. Sorry for the double post on this issue, but what do I need to get this to work as well?

My workstation is set to all three mode for DVD creation.

Thanks!
Closed Thread