SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 06:45 AM
SageTVaholic

EP,

That didn't seem to work I am attaching the log. Edl and everything else exists.

Last edited by nyplayer; 02-08-2007 at 07:03 AM.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:24 AM
SageTVaholic

can you post your perl2dvd.advanced.pref file?

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 02-08-2007, 09:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Her you go.
Attached Files
File Type: txt perl2dvd.advanced.TXT (3.6 KB, 175 views)
File Type: txt perl2dvd.TXT (630 Bytes, 179 views)
Old 02-08-2007, 09:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, that should be working. I'll take a look the code and figure out what's wrong.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 02-19-2007, 04:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Burning on other than Sage server

I've got Perl2dvd v2.0.1 set up (Not sure what if I needed to use the SageMC_VideoTools_STVi_2_0_1a.xml that's not in the .zip file), DirMon2 running (after following the instructions to let Perl2dvd configure it, then fonding the post linking to instructions to configure DirMon2 to run as a service). dynamic_menu_import.stvi, SageTV_DVD_Burning.stvi, and SageTV_otherPrograms_v1_2_2.stvi have al been added to the client and server. The "Other Programs" menu has been added as an internal screen using #86: Other Programs 1.2.2. It's now creating .img files when I choose to burn a single DVD in the Sage server's working directory.

I don't get any image displayed in the Sage client or Sage server when looking at the "Other Programs" menu, but I do see the .jpg that should be there in the burner server's folder "\\pops\SageDVD".

I know I'm close, but need some help with a few things.

1) What will move the .img file from my working directory "C:\SageDVDwork" on the SageTV server to the burner's folder "\\pops\SageDVD"?

2) Does the burner server need SageTV? I wouldn't think so...

3) How do I set up DirMon2 and ImgBurn on the burner server to process the .img file once it's delivered to "\\pops\SageDVD"?

Note: If I copy an .img from the working directory to "\\pops\SageDVD", then run ImgBurn on the burner server, it's making nice DVDs!

Attached are the relevant log files that may help.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Blues Clues - Blues Surprise at Two OClock!.dvdList.0.qdvd.dvd.log.txt (19.8 KB, 170 views)
File Type: txt dvdList.log.txt (3.3 KB, 149 views)
File Type: txt perl2dvd.advanced.pref.txt (3.6 KB, 155 views)
File Type: txt perl2dvd.pref.txt (634 Bytes, 152 views)
File Type: txt dirmon2.ini.on_SageTV_Server.txt (1.2 KB, 155 views)
Intel Skulltrail D5400XS, Dual Quad Core Xeon L5420, Windows Server 2012 R2 on 200Gb partition, 32Gb RAM, 8x WD 2Tb RE4 RAID6 on LSI 9690SA-8I (DVD/Blu-Ray), 2x 4Tb HDDs (TV), Colossus, 2x HD-PVR, HDHR3 Prime, DirectTV STB, USB-UIRT, Sage v2 v3 v4 v5 v6 v7.1.9, Java v1.6 build 45, 3 Placeshifter licenses, and 3 HD-300's.
Plugins: Phoenix API, PlayOn For SageTV, Comskip Playback, YouTube, Nielm's Sage Utiities
Software: PlayOn, ComSkip Monitor, ComSkip
Old 02-19-2007, 05:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhurst
I've got Perl2dvd v2.0.1 set up (Not sure what if I needed to use the SageMC_VideoTools_STVi_2_0_1a.xml that's not in the .zip file), DirMon2 running (after following the instructions to let Perl2dvd configure it, then fonding the post linking to instructions to configure DirMon2 to run as a service). dynamic_menu_import.stvi, SageTV_DVD_Burning.stvi, and SageTV_otherPrograms_v1_2_2.stvi have al been added to the client and server. The "Other Programs" menu has been added as an internal screen using #86: Other Programs 1.2.2. It's now creating .img files when I choose to burn a single DVD in the Sage server's working directory.

I don't get any image displayed in the Sage client or Sage server when looking at the "Other Programs" menu, but I do see the .jpg that should be there in the burner server's folder "\\pops\SageDVD".

I know I'm close, but need some help with a few things.

1) What will move the .img file from my working directory "C:\SageDVDwork" on the SageTV server to the burner's folder "\\pops\SageDVD"?

2) Does the burner server need SageTV? I wouldn't think so...

3) How do I set up DirMon2 and ImgBurn on the burner server to process the .img file once it's delivered to "\\pops\SageDVD"?

Note: If I copy an .img from the working directory to "\\pops\SageDVD", then run ImgBurn on the burner server, it's making nice DVDs!

Attached are the relevant log files that may help.
Can you also post your sage.properties (Or sageClient.properties) file for the machine that will be doing the burning?

Also, are you seeing any images in your Other Programs Menu or is it empty?

Old 02-19-2007, 09:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

The burner machine doen't have SageTV. I was hoping I could get away with just DirMon2 and ImgBurn. If I installed SageTV on it, I'd have to purchase another client license, and it'd never be used for watching TV. I'd like to set things up so the Sage server, after creating the .img file, will move the .img to the burner server folder "\\pops\SageDVD", then the burner server can pick up the task from there. Preferably the burner server (pops) would find the .img file and the .bat file in "\\pops\SageDVD", or "C:\SageDVD", run ImgBurn, and clean up after it's finished.

...and no, my Other Programs menu is empty. Nothing ever shows up there. Would my sage.properties, or sageClient.properties from my server be of any help?
Intel Skulltrail D5400XS, Dual Quad Core Xeon L5420, Windows Server 2012 R2 on 200Gb partition, 32Gb RAM, 8x WD 2Tb RE4 RAID6 on LSI 9690SA-8I (DVD/Blu-Ray), 2x 4Tb HDDs (TV), Colossus, 2x HD-PVR, HDHR3 Prime, DirectTV STB, USB-UIRT, Sage v2 v3 v4 v5 v6 v7.1.9, Java v1.6 build 45, 3 Placeshifter licenses, and 3 HD-300's.
Plugins: Phoenix API, PlayOn For SageTV, Comskip Playback, YouTube, Nielm's Sage Utiities
Old 02-19-2007, 09:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Right now there's no automated process for burning DVD's so what your doing now where you just burn them manually is the way to go.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Evil, this seems to be working a treat so far, but I have 3 issues:
The icon that appears in the other programs menu is huge, and fills the whole screen, so if I have more that 1 job there I need to scroll through them, is there a way to make the icon smaller?

I had some trouble setting it up and had to delete some of my earlier attempts, but the jobs are still listed in the other programs menu with blue icons, how can I delete them?
I've installed the STVi's on my MVP's, but the icons appear as an empty box, is there someting can be done to show them properly on the MVP?

Ta heaps for a great addition to sageTV!!
Fraser
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.JPG (6.5 KB, 207 views)

Last edited by maninblack_30; 02-27-2007 at 01:16 AM.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Automated Burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
Right now there's no automated process for burning DVD's so what your doing now where you just burn them manually is the way to go.
I have the process fully automated now. All I had to do was create another job in DirMon2 to detect the finished IMG file, and run the related BAT file. See the screen shot for my job setup. This is running on a seperate PC from the SageTV server, and is only responsible for the burn part of the process. The Sage server performs the comskip, transcoding, and creates the IMG, and so forth. Then DirMon2 moves the IMG to the burner PC. I'm sure this job would work fine on the Sage server as well though..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DM2.JPG (84.7 KB, 224 views)
Old 03-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Burning a DVD from an Imported Videos folder

So, I have an .WMV file which I want to burn to DVD. I copy the file to a folder on the SageTV server which is specified in "Media Center Import Directories" as containing videos.

Sage takes many days to find the video, regardless of how many times I click "Refresh Imported Media", but this is another issue...

Once the video shows up in the "Imported Videos" folder, I select it, and "Create Single-Video DVD". Nothing happens. Okay, so .WMV isn't supported.

I do a "Convert Video" to the file, and an .MPG file is created, but it's in the C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV folder. I add this folder to ComSkip, so I'll get an .EDL file, which the DVD burning STV is set to require before proceeding.

The .EDL is created, and I do a "Create Single-Video DVD" on this file.

My qdvd.dvd.log file end up with:
Quote:
------------ Reading QDVD file ----------------
------------video Info Loop #0 ----------------
Full Path[0] = blah_blah_blah.mpg
Full file[0] = (blah_blah_blah).mpg
Video doesn't exist, stopping here
The full path isn't really a full path. I might work around this by adding C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV to my system's PATH, but I would rather the converted file was placed into the same folder as the source from which it was created, or perhaps a "working folder" like this STV uses while creating the DVD files.

Obviously the Full Path statement in the qdvd.dvd.log would need to be correct as well.

So, I'm not sure if I have an issue with a config change needed for sage.properties (couldn't find a setting there for where to put converted videos), or if there's something that needs to be changed in my DVD burning STV config, or perhaps both...

Has anyone got any tips?
Old 03-11-2007, 08:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhurst View Post
So, I have an .WMV file which I want to burn to DVD. I copy the file to a folder on the SageTV server which is specified in "Media Center Import Directories" as containing videos.

Sage takes many days to find the video, regardless of how many times I click "Refresh Imported Media", but this is another issue...

Once the video shows up in the "Imported Videos" folder, I select it, and "Create Single-Video DVD". Nothing happens. Okay, so .WMV isn't supported.

I do a "Convert Video" to the file, and an .MPG file is created, but it's in the C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV folder. I add this folder to ComSkip, so I'll get an .EDL file, which the DVD burning STV is set to require before proceeding.

The .EDL is created, and I do a "Create Single-Video DVD" on this file.

My qdvd.dvd.log file end up with:

The full path isn't really a full path. I might work around this by adding C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV to my system's PATH, but I would rather the converted file was placed into the same folder as the source from which it was created, or perhaps a "working folder" like this STV uses while creating the DVD files.

Obviously the Full Path statement in the qdvd.dvd.log would need to be correct as well.

So, I'm not sure if I have an issue with a config change needed for sage.properties (couldn't find a setting there for where to put converted videos), or if there's something that needs to be changed in my DVD burning STV config, or perhaps both...

Has anyone got any tips?
The current version doesn't support WMV's, but the next version should.

Old 03-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Oh, okay. That'll solve the .WMV issue.

You might look into what needs to be changed to burn from an imported video folder.

Last edited by vhurst; 03-11-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:39 PM
Sage User

All of the sudden DVD's i create with this wonderful plugin have audio out of sync... and also i noticed that after inserting a dvd (in my sagetv HTPC) on my Yamaha HTP-5940 Home theatre receiver display, the PCM and DDigital symbols (they are auto sensing) repeatedly flash while on either of the DVD menu's (hope that makes sense)
This never happened before, the PCM and DD symbols flashing.. old DVD's i made that work perfect the DD symbol just flashes on for a sec then off as they are not DD, and the PCM one is on steady.. now it probably has been a couple of months since i last created a dvd, and in that time the only things that have changed (that i remember) are:
SageTV 6.0.18 has been upgraded to b6.1.4, updated to RSSnews 4.0, Dynamic menu 6.1 and IMDB search 6.4 (i think they all come with a df_sageutil.jar file as well could that have anything to do with it...?)
Oh and i got a wireless 802.11g USB adapter for the internet access.. but thats got to be all that has changed.

Any idea's?
Still want the log files?
Old 03-19-2007, 06:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Are these multiple DVD's doing this or just one? If multiple go ahead and send me a few log files, if only one try burning another one then go from there.

Old 03-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Sage User

It's both, i just did a new single file DVD and its still off sync and PCM / DD symbols flashing away on my receiver.
Umm.. I set Save work folder log files to zip =1 but it didn't make any .zip file up for me, it just didn't delete any of the files after proccessing so I picked out all the .log files and what not for you. Also i added a log from a few months ago that produced a perfect DVD (same quality settings).

Thanks for your help evilpenguin!
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (50.1 KB, 147 views)
File Type: zip big_cleanNcut.zip (715.6 KB, 150 views)
Old 03-26-2007, 02:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for this plugin...

1 bug: the menu only supports having a max of 7 videos, after which it gets a bit messed up Any chance of more than that? 8 or 9 should fit, but multi-page menus would also be nice!

1 feature request: Is there any chance of being able to convert 16x9 letterboxed into 16x9 anamorphic DVDs?

This is possible in ffmpeg (at least in the SageTVTranscoder version included with V6.1, but not with the version you include due to bugs in the crop/resize combi) by using the parameters
Code:
for PAL:
 -deinterlace -croptop 64 -cropbottom 64  -aspect 16:9 -s 720x576 -target pal-dvd
or, at a guess for NTSC
 -deinterlace -croptop 56 -cropbottom 56  -aspect 16:9 -s 720x480 -target pal-dvd
(note when trying this that the transcoder's bitrate is in bits/sec, not kbits/sec)
Old 03-26-2007, 09:05 AM
Sage Icon

I just tried installing this and don't get the burn to dvd button.

I initially installed the alpha verons of the SageMC tool, but downloaded the non-alpha release. After doing this I saw the Sage other tools show up.

I even installed winRAR and that did not get it to work.

The perl2dvdSetup.exe seems to have run, at least it asked me several questions.

When I go to the advanced options I see all the "normal" ones, like set don't like, set watched, convert, etc. but no burn to dvd.

What to look at next?

thanks,
Old 03-26-2007, 09:11 AM
SageTVaholic

For the SageTV3 stv, you need to download version 2.0d2...
Old 03-26-2007, 09:16 AM
SageTVaholic

EP: another request.
For multi-file dvds, can you make the default action to be 'go to menu', instead of 'play first title'

I managed to figure out that I needed to put the following line in the XML, but this also required a newer version of DVDAuthor (0.6.12 crashes if <fpc> is specified!)
Code:
  <vmgm>
    <fpc> jump vmgm menu 1; </fpc>
    <menus>
BTW, thinking about my previous post, You could probably detect 16x9 letterboxed video with mencoder's cropdetect...