SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by that_kid
Ahh I have no recovery discs, my z555's didn't come with any for the most part i didn't need them as I knew vista was going on them and I was able to get all the drivers from the HP site. I guess I'll have to track down that driver or maybe see if I can get a recovery disc.
If you haven't rebuilt the machine, you should be able to make your own. On the start menu, there's a group called "PC Help & Tools", in it you'll find "HP PC System Recovery".

Eric Law
Old 12-27-2006, 04:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaw
If you haven't rebuilt the machine, you should be able to make your own. On the start menu, there's a group called "PC Help & Tools", in it you'll find "HP PC System Recovery".
Well I made an image of the complete drive before I installed Vista, I didn't plan on going back to MCE2005 but I thought it would be handy just in case. I'll go through the image file and see if I can pull off the files needed.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am using a Zalman case which has its own home-brewed application to control the Display. One of the options allows for MCE commands, and I was hoping this app would work with it. It SEEMS to work, but crashes after one change of the display... For instance, if I start it up, it will show a clock screen, then if I start playing something it will show MCE TV/recording, and then this MCEdisplay application crashes and nothing further changes on the display.

the Display is by Vlsystems, and the application it uses can be found here: http://www.zalman.co.kr/images/produ...PLAY%20MHC.zip

(although I don't think it will be of much help without the display installed)
Old 01-02-2007, 08:46 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
Hi there Jere,

I was wondering if you were going to be releasing any more updates on this, or is it working on your system and pretty much feature complete for now? I still can't get any type of TV data to display, however Imported Videos works great, the little lights (TV/Videos/Music?etc.) all work correctly, unfortunately with the latest version whenever I start any type of TV now, my RED Recording (REC) turns on and never turns off until a hard reboot, and Music seemed to work in the first version, but then not in the second (although this is very unimportant for me). The TV stuff would be soooo great to have working (i.e Recorded TV/LiveTV/etc.)

I wish I was a programmer as I could look at the source code and maybe try and figure it out, but I know it would be futile. I believe our boxes are extremely similar (I have the z555, and I think you have the z554), so I would think they should work the same. Maybe I am missing something easy if it is all working correctly on your system. I just didn't know if you were still hashingout another release, or if you have gotten it to work for your machine and we have the final release now? Thanks very much for your hard work with this! -J
This is still a work in progress and I will be releasing more updates. Life has been hectic with the holidays/new baby/family visitors/etc and I've been concentrating on ShowAnalyzer recently.

Jere
Old 01-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Sage User

Pardon the ignorant question but I want to make sure I roll back the right driver as the significant other will dispose of me forever if I mess sage up again. So can you please more desciptive in the driver needing rolled back? I went into the PC tools/system recovery but am hesitant to do anything that might cause a much larger issue. Thanks!!
Old 01-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Sage User

Referencing the previous post, I verified that driver with mine and the information is identical. The information is showing properly in the MCEDisplay executable but my display justs scrolls the "welcome..." message. I don't mind rolling back a driver, I just want confirmation on the exact driver to mess with.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:23 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwgunter
Referencing the previous post, I verified that driver with mine and the information is identical. The information is showing properly in the MCEDisplay executable but my display justs scrolls the "welcome..." message. I don't mind rolling back a driver, I just want confirmation on the exact driver to mess with.
If it only scrolls the welcome message then the driver didn't take. Try updating it again (it took me two tries).

Jere
Old 01-22-2007, 10:32 AM

I have an iMon display in my Silverstone case.
It finds one sink, but says it can not connect to localhost.
I have tried using 127.0.0.1 and turning off the window firewall, but I sitll get the can not connect error.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga1dawg
I have an iMon display in my Silverstone case.
It finds one sink, but says it can not connect to localhost.
I have tried using 127.0.0.1 and turning off the window firewall, but I sitll get the can not connect error.
Do you have nielm's external status monitor installed and is it working properly? If it is working, is anything else using it?

Jere
Old 01-26-2007, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jere_Jones
Do you have nielm's external status monitor installed and is it working properly? If it is working, is anything else using it?

Jere
I was looking at the pretty pictures in the instructions and missed that part.

I have it installed and connected. MCED acts like he is happy but not even a blink on the LCD.
This is the SoundGraph iMon display.

Last edited by ga1dawg; 01-26-2007 at 12:00 PM.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Jere!!!

I tried this out and it works like a charm. I certainly hope you have the time and interest in developing it a little further.

I don't suppose there's a way to customize what your program decides to display when something is playing is there?

Thanks again for your effort!!
Old 02-26-2007, 11:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

I know there's been some work on implementing and improving the LCDsmartie plugin which I haven't tried yet. Jere, the program you've written works great, but I was wondering if you had any plans on making it more integrated/automated. By this I mean having the monitor kick off and work without a button press.

-Bryan
Old 02-26-2007, 11:47 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbig119
Jere, the program you've written works great, but I was wondering if you had any plans on making it more integrated/automated. By this I mean having the monitor kick off and work without a button press.
That is the plan. Unfortunately, SA is taking up all my time right now. I did, however, post the source code if someone wants to continue my work. It is embarrasingly simple.

The link is: http://www.dragonglobal.org/download/SageMCEDisplay.zip

All I ask is that if you do work on it, you share your advancements (meaning the source code).

Jere
Old 03-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Jere,

Is development on this completely dead? I was hoping to get some solution for my weird LIS display, and this sort of works, but crashes almost instantly... but I can see potential is there.

Any way you can work with me to try to get it going?
Old 03-11-2008, 04:44 PM

Any chance you could repost the source, the link seems to have disappeared.

Thanks in advance
Old 03-12-2008, 03:54 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by naboo044 View Post
Any chance you could repost the source, the link seems to have disappeared.

Thanks in advance
Absolutely. I'll need to find the source. I know I have it around here somewhere.

Jere
Old 03-14-2008, 08:21 AM
Sage Fanatic

Ok. Here you go. The source is here: http://www.dragonglobal.org/dl/file.php?id=35

Jere
Old 04-13-2009, 03:53 PM
Sage User

Hi Jere,

Hope your SA dev is going well.

I was just checking in with a question about the MCE Display util you wrote. I have a brand spanking new Origen S10V/Sage Client build in my media center and everything is working great except for the VFD.

I have Nielm's GetStatus util running and it is working. I also think your SageMCED util is going to work for me because all the checks from your instructions are positive and when I start MCED (step 4) the VFD display changes to the default text (can't remember what it is, am at away from home).

But something weird (of course) is happening. Once I press the Start MCED button (Step 4), after about 5-15 seconds the MCED display log window says the connection (IP?) drops to GetStatus and it does not reconnect. I have to totally exit MCED and restart to get it to "reconnect", and then the scenario repeats.

Have I missed a param somewhere that forces these 2 programs to stay connected?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Lima-green
Server/Client: SageTV Client 6.5.X, SageMC 6.3.X, Origen AE S10V, 2.1TB Seagate Raid-0, Intel E5200, 2GB RAM, Win XP SP3, Asus P5Q-EM, Intel X4500HD, HDMI to Toshiba 62MX196 DLP, IrTrans/VFD, Harmony 659 remote, Optical S/PDIF out to Pioneer A/V 7.1 receiver, PowerDVD 7.1

Last edited by Lima-Green; 04-15-2009 at 10:28 AM.