SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:28 AM
SageTVaholic

mistergq

After moving the files to your import directory without SageTV exited make sure you refresh your imported media.

As far as the files being deleted I had the same problem until I set the Sagetv not to delete partial files.

seeker/clear_partials_and_unwanted_when_ir_off=false
If you don't set the above property and you move a file out and back in to your Sage recordings directories it will treat it as a partial because of the removed commercials.

PS also if you are moving other than ts mpg or avi make sure you are running 6.36 rc

from 6.36 rc beta
5. Fixed bug so files with .mp4 file extensions get auto-recovered by the importer (before it only did .mpg, .ts and .avi)

Last edited by nyplayer; 01-15-2008 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergq
I only run in cut mode, so I am not sure why my video suites is not working.
OK before I look at the problem below is it the same problem as before in that you don't see cut points in my plugin after using VideoReDo TVSuite? If so make sure you have the following setting set to false:

You get the "Manual Parameter Settings" to show up by pressing Shift while selecting Options from the Tools menu.

Quote:
I have a new problem. I want to be able to move edited files from the recording file on one drive to an archive drive that I don't record too.

basically: my recording directory is d:\my videos\sagetv
my archive directory is
t:\no commercials

If I edit the video with Bob's plugin, and copy and paste it with SageTV exited, the video file is not recognized by SageTV the next time I start it. If I exit Sage again and move it back to the recording directory, the file is deleted when Sage restarts.
This is because Sage thinks it is a partial recording because of the removed comercials and deletes it due to the property seeker/clear_partials_and_unwanted_when_ir_off as nyplayer said. If what you are trying to do is have a second copy one with commericals and the original then set the pluging to "COPY" to that directory from the plugin directly. If you want the recording moved so that you only have one recording then you should probably "REPLACE" the original first and make sure it is visible and plays in SageTV even after exiting and restarting Sage. Then follow the FAQ on how to move a recording to another drive. Basically shut Sage down. Move the recording to the new directory (one that is an imported video folder of course) and restart SageTV. When it starts up it should see the new location for the file and you should be good to go. I still suggest you turn the property above off just in case but I believe it should work. The next version won't have this problem because it creates a new airing with the duration adjusted to match the edited length so SageTV should think it is a complete recording and not a partial - but I'm still working on it.

Quote:
However, if I exit and move a file that is not editted with Bob's file from the recording direcotyr to the archive directory with sage exited, restart sage, the file is automatically updated to the new location.

Any ideas?
This makes me think you are going to need the property turned off at least until the database is updated. You might try with if off and reboot Sage and then change it back after verifying that Sage still shows the video.

In any case I would suggest that you backup your Wiz.Bin file and the unedited videos before experimenting. What you are trying to do above is something that I want too and the next version should have it available.

BobP.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Sage Expert

just a quick update: yes, item 36 was marked true. Now that I know you have to press shift to open options, I was able to change that to false.

I also changed the sage properties for seeker/clear_partials_and_unwanted_when_ir_off from true to false.

I have not had time to actually try and move a file. But I was able to use the project file from TV Suites now. So we are making process.

Thanks for the help everyone! I'll be back if there are more problems
Media Server: Win 7 Home (32 bit), GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 Yorkfield 2.83GHz, 4 GB Ram, Geforce 9600 GT PCI-E, 1x HD PVR, HD homerun (2x for OTA, 1x for FIOS QAM), 1 x HD Homerun Prime with cablecard from FIOS.

Client: Windows 10 Pro

Media Extenders: HD-200 x 3, HD-200 x 2
Old 02-10-2008, 07:16 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm using this in SageMC. I think I've followed the instructions, but am not getting the "videoReDo" menu item. Also only get "txt" and "edl" when I go to save cut files. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 02-10-2008, 09:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I'm using this in SageMC. I think I've followed the instructions, but am not getting the "videoReDo" menu item. Also only get "txt" and "edl" when I go to save cut files. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
You won't see the VideoReDo menu until it knows where you have VideoReDo installed. I'm assuming you already went into the options and set that up. If so what is the following property value in the properties file: "RDP/video_edit_VideoReDo_Loc"? Mine looks like this: "RDP/video_edit_VideoReDo_Loc=C\:\\Program Files\\VideoReDoPlus". You will not be able to save to VPrj files for the same reason.

In case you haven't setup the options yet here is a little tutorial on how to set it up:
  1. First open the options menu:
  2. Now go to the VideoReDo options:
  3. Now select the directory option at the top (Mine is already filled in with the correct location for me if yours is empty it will say "Specify" instead of a directory name). When you select the Specify option a file browser window will popup. For me that looks like the following when I have navigated to the correct directory:
If this doesn't help or if you have already done this step then maybe posting the property above will tell me something. What the plugin actually looks for is the file: "vp.vbs" in whatever directory you select if it isn't in the directory you select above with "Select Current" then it will not enable the VideoReDo options.

BobP
Old 02-12-2008, 07:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Bob,
Finally had a chance to check that and here's what it shows in the properties file:
Quote:
RDP/video_edit_VideoReDo_Loc=C\:\\Program Files\\VideoReDoPlus
I think that's what should be there right?

I also checked to see that the file: "vp.vbs" was in that directory and it is. Any ideas?
Old 02-13-2008, 06:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Bob,
Finally had a chance to check that and here's what it shows in the properties file:

I also checked to see that the file: "vp.vbs" was in that directory and it is. Any ideas?
That should be enough. I'll look at the code tonight and see if what I said is different from what it actually needs to be but I might have to just hardcode it to think it is present and then you can see if it will actually execute VideoReDo.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Bob,

As long as you're not running the latest version of VideoRedo TV Suite it should be VideoRedoPlus.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
As long as you're not running the latest version of VideoRedo TV Suite it should be VideoRedoPlus.

Gerry
Gerry,
Not sure what you mean. The properties file does point to:
which does have "VideoReDoPlus"
Do you mean the "vp.vbs" should say videoredoplus.vbs or something like that?
Old 02-13-2008, 03:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Gerry,
Not sure what you mean. The properties file does point to:
which does have "VideoReDoPlus"
Do you mean the "vp.vbs" should say videoredoplus.vbs or something like that?
Just meant that there are two products now. Videoredo Plus and VideoRedo TV Suite. Sometimes I'll forget I installed something to test and think I'm working with the old one. Both products work the same way with the plugin. I just know the TV Suite is in a different directory. Sorry-didn't mean to confuse the issue. Your install should work. Did you go in and put the path in through the Sage interface again? I think I read a user had to just redo the install with a fresh STV and it worked with the second install.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The properties file does point to:
Okay,
I might have fixed my problem. I was looking in the Sage.properties file and finding the " RDP/video_edit_VideoReDo_Loc=C\:\\Program Files\\VideoReDoPlus" entry.

But that entry wasn't in the SageClient.properties file so I added it, restarted SageTV and it is working. I now have the VideoReDo option in the menu and have it working. Not sure what happened here, but I'm betting I did something to mess this up causing my problem. Regardless, I'm happy - thanks to everyone's help!
Old 02-14-2008, 07:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Okay,
I might have fixed my problem. I was looking in the Sage.properties file and finding the " RDP/video_edit_VideoReDo_Loc=C\:\\Program Files\\VideoReDoPlus" entry.

But that entry wasn't in the SageClient.properties file so I added it, restarted SageTV and it is working. I now have the VideoReDo option in the menu and have it working. Not sure what happened here, but I'm betting I did something to mess this up causing my problem. Regardless, I'm happy - thanks to everyone's help!
Sounds like you switched from GUI only mode to service mode after installing the plugin. The only thing I can think of because the current version just writes to the local properties file which is sage.properties in non-service mode and sageclient.properties with service mode enabled. Only thing I can think of anyway. Glad you got it to work now tho!
Old 02-14-2008, 12:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
Sounds like you switched from GUI only mode to service mode after installing the plugin. The only thing I can think of because the current version just writes to the local properties file which is sage.properties in non-service mode and sageclient.properties with service mode enabled. Only thing I can think of anyway. Glad you got it to work now tho!
Bob,
I think you're right about the switch from gui to service mode. I was messing around with things that day when I installed this plugin and that's probably what messed me up.

By the way, this is an incredible plugin - Great Work!!!
Old 02-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Sage User

Hey there.

Thanks for the plugin!

I have everything working.. except.. when I perform the VideoReDo Cut it only takes about 5 seconds (on a 1.2 gig file) .. and it only leaves me with about 45 seconds of video (instead of 45 minutes).

It seems like it performs one cut.. and then ignores the rest of the info in the vprj edit list.

Any ideas?

d.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeb View Post
Hey there.

Thanks for the plugin!

I have everything working.. except.. when I perform the VideoReDo Cut it only takes about 5 seconds (on a 1.2 gig file) .. and it only leaves me with about 45 seconds of video (instead of 45 minutes).

It seems like it performs one cut.. and then ignores the rest of the info in the vprj edit list.

Any ideas?

d.
What does VideoReDo do when you open the same VPRJ file in standalone mode? If it does the same thing then you are probably looking at the cuts in the plugin as loaded in the edl or txt file and just need to save those cuts to the vprj file. Another thing you might try is to make sure VideoReDo is not in XML mode as outlined in this post.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Sage User

Thanks Bob.

I did manage to get it working.. I have no idea what I did to solve my problem.

Looks like I have one final problem remaining though. When I start the cut it minimizes Sage... despite the fact that I have the option "Do not display video in silent batch" set to TRUE.

I realize this is something that you probably can't help me with. But thought I'd mention it.

Thanks so much.

d.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks Bob.

I did manage to get it working.. I have no idea what I did to solve my problem.

Looks like I have one final problem remaining though. When I start the cut it minimizes Sage... despite the fact that I have the option "Do not display video in silent batch" set to TRUE.

I realize this is something that you probably can't help me with. But thought I'd mention it.

Thanks so much.

d.
You might try turning off the pop-ups like svalmorri said in this post. Hopefully when I finish the next version this problem will go away - at least I hope so - because I'm going to be Extenders only soon - so I won't have to worry about it.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:00 PM
Sage User

Thanks Bob.

I gave that a go.

It got rid of the popup.. but it still minimized Sage, unfortunately.

d.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Okay,

But that entry wasn't in the SageClient.properties file so I added it,
All this time I was unaware that this option even existed in the Video Edit tool. I added the above to my client properties and lo there is a whole new option on the the menu. Apparently I am too stupid to own a computer.

Thanks to Brent for the fix!
Old 02-20-2008, 07:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks Bob.

I gave that a go.

It got rid of the popup.. but it still minimized Sage, unfortunately.

d.
OK I'm at work right now but there is another option in VideoReDo that you might try. It will start PLAYING the video back when it is opened by default. Try changing that so that VideoReDo does NOT automatically start playing the video when it is loaded. I can check the GUI when I get home tonight if you need help finding the option. But I do know it was in the regular options not the extended options where you turned off the playback in silent mode.