SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-02-2007, 06:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24
How about adding support for mose selections over the progreess bar??

I added some code (enclosed here), that should add mouse click listenting (needs to be cleaned a bit) so the seeking can be like in the regular stv, osd menu.

can you add this in???
(exported the panel to an xml file, changed to txt here because cannot upload xml)
Should be able to add this. Didn't think anybody would be using a mouse with this.

Thanks for the additional code.
BobP.

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 01-02-2007 at 06:41 AM.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Great plugin.
I installed the plugin, opened a .vprj file, added it to the queue and started it. I
got the messages that it processed, but no new file. It ran extremely quick(a few seconds).

I use comskip monitor to create the .vprj files and have used videoredo to process the .vprj in batch.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
Old 01-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

I was using videoredo. I downloaded videoredo plus and it worked great.

Thanks
Old 01-02-2007, 04:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ver .2

Yay. The change list for version .2 looks great. Can't wait to get home and check them out.

Mick.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by banmj
I was using videoredo. I downloaded videoredo plus and it worked great.

Thanks
Sorry about that. I meant to put in the documentation that you need 2.5.2.491 or later to work properly. Have done so now.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:35 AM
Sage Expert

Bob, I am still getting the big, blue screen when trying to define the directory for Videoredo.

I have downloaded the version .02 and imported it and made sure that the "...util.jar" file replaced, like you said..
Also, I noticed that the screens still show "version .01", fyi...

You said to send you the v3.xml file...but it is too large and the forum won't let me upload that size file... (Do I look confused...?)

Thanks for the help..

Gary Ellis

Last edited by garyellis; 01-03-2007 at 07:43 AM.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyellis
Bob, I am still getting the big, blue screen when trying to define the directory for Videoredo.

I have downloaded the version .02 and imported it and made sure that the "...util.jar" file replaced, like you said..

Also, I noticed that the screens still show "version .01", fyi...

You said to send you the v3.xml file...I was not sure if you meant that one or the latest level, so I attached both.

Thanks for the help..

Gary Ellis
Think you will need to try again. I would zip up the files into an archive and then try to upload them. I will look at this tonight as I am at work now with no access to SageTV.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:04 AM
Sage Expert

Thanks all...

Everything is fixed now...

I downloaded the current release of V6.019...I think I had .016 or something..

Anyway. I figured it would give me a fresh start and when I reimported everything including the video edit program...the problem with videoredo directory cleared up...

So, now I can really try the import...

Thanks a lot...

Gary Ellis
Old 01-03-2007, 11:36 PM
Sage User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyellis

Gary Ellis
Bob- First off-Awesome work!

I had the same problem (the big blue screen for the VRD directory). I am running a ~1 week old install on the v6.0.19 with the default STV. Don't know if this will help, but here's what I did:

Restarted Sage
Imported Dynamic Menus
Imported Video Edit 0.2
No joy on defining VRD path (big blue dialog box, all other Video Edit stuff worked)
Restarted Sage
Still no joy on defining VRD path
Restarted Sage
Re-Imported Video Edit 0.2
Able to set VRD path

Make's no sense, but doing 2 imports of Video Edit seems to be the key. Whatever the case, I am one happy camper!Thanks!
Old 01-04-2007, 08:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by priority
Bob- First off-Awesome work!

I had the same problem (the big blue screen for the VRD directory). I am running a ~1 week old install on the v6.0.19 with the default STV. Don't know if this will help, but here's what I did:

Restarted Sage
Imported Dynamic Menus
Imported Video Edit 0.2
No joy on defining VRD path (big blue dialog box, all other Video Edit stuff worked)
Restarted Sage
Restarted Sage
Re-Imported Video Edit 0.2
Able to set VRD path

Make's no sense, but doing 2 imports of Video Edit seems to be the key. Whatever the case, I am one happy camper!Thanks!
Thanks I'll look into a possible import bug. What is apparently happening is that the CenteredDirectoryBrowser isn't being linked properly so you get the big blue dialog box. If you had debug logging turned on when you imported the first time that gave you the bug blue dialog box could you post it. It might help in determining what is going on.

BobP.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:41 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix
... If you had debug logging turned on when you imported the first time that gave you the bug blue dialog box could you post it. It might help in determining what is going on.

BobP.
Bob-Sorry, I did not have debugging turned on. Since I can't help you on this anymore, how about something completely different?

Here goes....I have been playing with a video file in VideoReDo to tweak the advert cut points after an AdScan through the Video Edit menu. After I saved the modified vprj file (just had cut points and I had removed all scene markers), I went back into Video Edit and pulled up the video file, queued it for VRD processing and started the processing. At this point, I "inadvertently" killed VRD in the task bar when VRD was only about 8-10% into the file. So, I just renamed the .old file and went back into Video Edit. Now, since SageTV believes that the video is just under 5 minutes long (even though the file is 60 minutes long), the cut in/out points are not correct and the Cut- and Cut+ do not navigate where they should with each button push.

To get Sage "happy" with my file again, I re-set the edit points in VRD, saved a vprj file in VRD, then queued and processed through Video Edit.

Is there an "better" way to get this situation corrected?

Last edited by priority; 01-04-2007 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

First off great work and thank you for everything you are doing!

This is something I though would be great in Sage since I started using it.

But.... I cannot get VideoReDo to process anything. This is not your fault, because I cannot even load a video from sage in videoredo, I get an error message about unable to load video.

I know what is causing the problem though. When I close sage completely, and load the vprj project file into videoredo everything is fine.

But when sage is open, it cannot process the file. I have tried all the display options and audio options in videoredo with no success.

It has to be a VMR issue. I also tried to load the project file in the batch manager in quiet mode and I got the same error message in videoredo.

Any ideas? It would be great if I could get this to work!

On a side note... I guess I will have to buy videoredo

$50 is a lot to spend for this use, I am correct is saying that vidoeredo is required to make this all work? You have the option for an txt or edl file, is there anything out there free to do this?

I guess it confused me at first because I tried to process the file through the menu choice you put about sage video conversion. I tried to process the video edits this way.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixTracks
First off great work and thank you for everything you are doing!

This is something I though would be great in Sage since I started using it.

But.... I cannot get VideoReDo to process anything. This is not your fault, because I cannot even load a video from sage in videoredo, I get an error message about unable to load video.

I know what is causing the problem though. When I close sage completely, and load the vprj project file into videoredo everything is fine.

But when sage is open, it cannot process the file. I have tried all the display options and audio options in videoredo with no success.

It has to be a VMR issue. I also tried to load the project file in the batch manager in quiet mode and I got the same error message in videoredo.

Any ideas? It would be great if I could get this to work!
Well you could try to add the video to the the queue and then close the file. That is something I force anyway if you replace the video but it is possible that it could be causing a problem on the input side as well I suppose. I have never run across it however. So if you have tried a file that is not actively being recorded and/or watched in SageTV on any client with VideoReDo in standalone mode and you still cannot process the file that way then I doubt my idea will make a difference - sorry.
Quote:
On a side note... I guess I will have to buy videoredo

$50 is a lot to spend for this use, I am correct is saying that vidoeredo is required to make this all work?
No you do not have to have VideoReDo to use this plugin but you loose the ability to save the file without the commercials. What you can do is edit the cut points to improve on the accuracy of the ones generated by ComSkip or ShowAnalyzer or create the cut points if you prefer to do everything manually with this plugin. Then if you save the cut points and have the ComSkip plugin installed you can have Sage automatically skip past them when you playback the video. So VideoReDo is not required but it does make it possible to save the files without the commercials .
Quote:
You have the option for an txt or edl file, is there anything out there free to do this?
I would check out some of the other posts on the forum about DVD burning and compression that mention comskip. I believe there are some but I have never used them myself.

Quote:
I guess it confused me at first because I tried to process the file through the menu choice you put about sage video conversion. I tried to process the video edits this way.
Yes the SageTV conversion is to convert your video to something playable on an iPod, PSP or Razr primarily. SageTV also uses the same program to transcode video files for the MVP. It will take an AVI file (which the MVP cannot play natively) and transcode it to MPG format so that the MVP can play it.

BobP.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Sage User

Hey Bob, I like to make videos from hockey games I watch. The hardest part is going through the games and picking the parts I want.

I was just thinking it would be great if there was a plugin where I could just push a button on my remote while watching a live game where it would automatically save the last 'x' seconds and write it to a mpeg. Is this at all possible with your plugin either now or in the future?
Old 01-06-2007, 03:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by priority
Bob-Sorry, I did not have debugging turned on. Since I can't help you on this anymore, how about something completely different?

Here goes....I have been playing with a video file in VideoReDo to tweak the advert cut points after an AdScan through the Video Edit menu. After I saved the modified vprj file (just had cut points and I had removed all scene markers), I went back into Video Edit and pulled up the video file, queued it for VRD processing and started the processing. At this point, I "inadvertently" killed VRD in the task bar when VRD was only about 8-10% into the file. So, I just renamed the .old file and went back into Video Edit. Now, since SageTV believes that the video is just under 5 minutes long (even though the file is 60 minutes long), the cut in/out points are not correct and the Cut- and Cut+ do not navigate where they should with each button push.

To get Sage "happy" with my file again, I re-set the edit points in VRD, saved a vprj file in VRD, then queued and processed through Video Edit.

Is there an "better" way to get this situation corrected?
Sorry didn't see your additions earlier - opps! Now as to a better way - not currently but in a future version I am hoping to add an undo option for something just like this. I will try to move it up to Version 3.0 if I can. But for now what you did is probably the best way until I get the undo function implemented. One thing to note about your method or my future undo option. It will not work if you exit the SageTV GUI or if you delete the OLD files immediately when processing is complete.

BobP.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abev107
Hey Bob, I like to make videos from hockey games I watch. The hardest part is going through the games and picking the parts I want.

I was just thinking it would be great if there was a plugin where I could just push a button on my remote while watching a live game where it would automatically save the last 'x' seconds and write it to a mpeg. Is this at all possible with your plugin either now or in the future?
I believe this is possible now with the SageMC skin for SageTV. But I don't believe it is possible with the default STV. Now you can do that with this plugin but only if the show has completed recording. You just mark everything as cut except for what you want to keep. The easiest way is to go ahead and mark what you want to keep in RED (what would normally be removed) then go to the start of the video and place a cut point at the very begining. This will then instantly change the segments that are GREEN (what would normally be kept) to RED and the RED seqments become green.

BobP.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:44 PM
SageTVaholic

New version just uploaded. Mostly just bug fixes but also added mouse capabilites from alon24 (thank you) with some more additions to allow setting and clearing cut points with the mouse. Just be careful I found that I could set them so close together that they wouldn't show up on the time line only in the cut list. Had to advance to them with Cut+ to get rid of them.

Complete change list is here and in post #2 of this thread.
  • Fix error on Display Options Screen - it should read Flash Menu Title Timeout since it is the title that flashes not the cancel button. I needed something that wasn't going to change in a future version like I have planned for the menu in version 0.3. Opps.
  • Added alon24's mouse options to the timeline - Single left click will advance you to that position in the video, Double left click will set/clear a cut point at that location on the timeline.
  • Fix bug when opening a file with the new code sometimes the cut file is not read - added missing refresh()'s which should take care of the problem.
  • Fix bug on imported videos. The title above the video in windowed mode displays the entire file name and path instead of just the file name.
  • Fix icon placement for the muted symbol in full screen mode
  • Fix the end time on the time bar for imported videos
  • Fix problem with a couple of themes so that it displays the popups for some confirmations correctly or at least using what I expected not the defaults.
BobP.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hey Bob,

Thanks for the updates. I've been editing some more shows with just my remote and it's been a delight.

Some quick feedback on the current version;
If I save cuts with the 0 option then open another file or hit stop I am asked to save the cuts even if nothing has been changed since the previous save. Would it be possible to have a dirty variable that is cleared with each save then set again with any modifications to the cut list? If unloading a video and the dirty variable is set then ask to save otherwise not.

I think that previously (I haven't reverted to check) when adding any cut even if it was the last one the timeline, after that cut point the timeline would change colour to be different from that before the cut point. What happens now is that this colour change doesn't occur until a second cut point is added (I somehow doubt that my description made complete sense sorry). This is only apparent when the existing cutpoints have been cleared. I've been working around this by placing a cut point at the beginning and end of the file (easy with shorcut keys) so that it all turns red then going back to the beginning and continuing the edit process. It's not a major problem though at first I thought that I'd not managed to create an edit point.

The ability to move to the next/previous cut and pause is great. Would it be possible to make it so that the 7/9 keys on the keypad continue to do this (pause) but the left/right keys continue to play (jump without pausing)? This would allow for the left right keys to be used for quick checks of edit points.
Mick.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix
Well you could try to add the video to the the queue and then close the file. That is something I force anyway if you replace the video but it is possible that it could be causing a problem on the input side as well I suppose. I have never run across it however. So if you have tried a file that is not actively being recorded and/or watched in SageTV on any client with VideoReDo in standalone mode and you still cannot process the file that way then I doubt my idea will make a difference - sorry.

BobP.
Is anyone here using this with full screen exclusive turned on in Sage? I think this might be a problem with Sage itself.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickp
Hey Bob,

Thanks for the updates. I've been editing some more shows with just my remote and it's been a delight.

Some quick feedback on the current version;
If I save cuts with the 0 option then open another file or hit stop I am asked to save the cuts even if nothing has been changed since the previous save. Would it be possible to have a dirty variable that is cleared with each save then set again with any modifications to the cut list? If unloading a video and the dirty variable is set then ask to save otherwise not.
I'll have to see what I've got coded wrong because I do have a dirty flag that is cleared with a save and is set when you set or clear a cut point.
Quote:
I think that previously (I haven't reverted to check) when adding any cut even if it was the last one the timeline, after that cut point the timeline would change colour to be different from that before the cut point. What happens now is that this colour change doesn't occur until a second cut point is added (I somehow doubt that my description made complete sense sorry). This is only apparent when the existing cutpoints have been cleared. I've been working around this by placing a cut point at the beginning and end of the file (easy with shorcut keys) so that it all turns red then going back to the beginning and continuing the edit process. It's not a major problem though at first I thought that I'd not managed to create an edit point.
Correct my code change was to prevent a null pointer exception. Ill see if I can do it another way.
Quote:
The ability to move to the next/previous cut and pause is great. Would it be possible to make it so that the 7/9 keys on the keypad continue to do this (pause) but the left/right keys continue to play (jump without pausing)? This would allow for the left right keys to be used for quick checks of edit points.
Quote:
Mick.
I'll see what I can do about this as well.

BobP.