SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-17-2007, 11:59 PM
Sage Fanatic

I do have VideoRedo. Will your interface work to cut out commercials with VideoRedo? Not sure what I need do to.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Version 0.2.4 ...
Added menu item to the OSD menu to goto the VideoEdit menu with the currently playing video as the selected menu
this does not get added automatically for me (sagetv3.xml in 6.1.4) ... I had to manually copy the Item from the STVImported hook...
Code:
Sun 3/18 15:43:41.403 widget MediaPlayer OSD/Options/"xNew"/"xNew"/*/Options*/Right*/!IsDVD(MediaFile) &&* not found
Sun 3/18 15:43:41.403 Couldn't find OSD menu link Location
The correct path should probably be:
Code:
LinkLocation=df_sageutils_Import_findWidget("/STV/MediaPlayer OSD/Options/Wide OSD Options/Options*/Right*/!IsDVD(MediaFile) &&*")
Old 03-18-2007, 09:03 AM
SageTVaholic

One wish would be that when the file is re-added to the Sage DB, that it starts at the beginning of the Airing, instead of half-way through the airing, and ending at the old end time of the old file... (Most of my recordings are padded with a lot of end padding...)

An alternative would be setting the edited file's end time to be the Airing end time... but that may cause other problems.

Ideally the perfect solution would be setting the file end time to Airing start time + edited file duration.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
this does not get added automatically for me (sagetv3.xml in 6.1.4) ... I had to manually copy the Item from the STVImported hook...
Code:
Sun 3/18 15:43:41.403 widget MediaPlayer OSD/Options/"xNew"/"xNew"/*/Options*/Right*/!IsDVD(MediaFile) &&* not found
Sun 3/18 15:43:41.403 Couldn't find OSD menu link Location
The correct path should probably be:
Code:
LinkLocation=df_sageutils_Import_findWidget("/STV/MediaPlayer OSD/Options/Wide OSD Options/Options*/Right*/!IsDVD(MediaFile) &&*")
Thanks I'll fix that

Quote:
One wish would be that when the file is re-added to the Sage DB, that it starts at the beginning of the Airing, instead of half-way through the airing, and ending at the old end time of the old file... (Most of my recordings are padded with a lot of end padding...)

An alternative would be setting the edited file's end time to be the Airing end time... but that may cause other problems.

Ideally the perfect solution would be setting the file end time to Airing start time + edited file duration.
The next version will certainly do it this way. I'm hoping, however, to be able to just add it as a new airing with the actual cut length as the duration of the cut file.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Now that I look at that section of code again it should be the Airing end time that is getting used so something must not be working right:
Code:
OldAiring=GetAiringForID(GetAiringID(CurrentMediaFile)) - action widget
+-OldLibrary=IsLibraryFile(CurrentMediaFile) - action widget
  +-OldManual=IsManualRecord(CurrentMediaFile) - action widget
    +-IsTVFile(CurrentMediaFile) - conditional widget
      +-false - branch widget
        +-DateTime=java_io_File_lastModified(FilePath) - action widget
          +-java_io_File_setLastModified(OutputFile, DateTime) - conditional widget
      +-true - branch widget
        +-DateTime=GetAiringEndTime(OldAiring) - action widget
          +-java_io_File_setLastModified(OutputFile, DateTime) - conditional widget

*where FilePath is the file path to the CurrentMediaFile
But I'm going to try to add the capability to be at either end before the next version (0.3) because that still may be a while before I'm finished with it.

BobP.

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 03-18-2007 at 12:12 PM. Reason: corrected the look of the code
Old 03-18-2007, 01:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
Now that I look at that section of code again it should be the Airing end time that is getting used so something must not be working right:
In my STV I have:
Code:
      +-java_io_File_setLastModified(OutputFile, DateTime)- conditional widget
but then I looked a bit harder and saw I was running 2.4 not 2.5

On the subject of wishlists, can you add an option to automatically disable Fullscreen (if 3dAccell & VMR9 & FSE are enabled) before running VideoRedo and then re-enable it shortly after...

Last edited by nielm; 03-18-2007 at 02:01 PM.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
In my STV I have:
Code:
      +-java_io_File_setLastModified(OutputFile, DateTime)- conditional widget
but then I looked a bit harder and saw I was running 2.4 not 2.5
2.4 should be identical to 2.5 with this code but you might be looking at the QSF path which doesn't alter the file and therefore shouldn't need the conditional and branch like I displayed. I'm splitting these apart because it is possible that this isn't taking the path I expect it to when in edit mode.
Quote:
On the subject of wishlists, can you add an option to automatically disable Fullscreen (if 3dAccell & VMR9 & FSE are enabled) before running VideoRedo and then re-enable it shortly after...
I can try this again but I could not get Sage to reliable release VMR9 and FSE when I tried it the last time
Old 03-18-2007, 03:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe123 View Post
I do have VideoRedo. Will your interface work to cut out commercials with VideoRedo? Not sure what I need do to.
  • Open the Video file in the Video Editor.
  • Check the commercial cut points are correct
  • do Cut Points->Save
  • In VideoRedo popup, check that Video Redo Edit Mode is set, Replace Original file is set.
  • VideoRedo popup: Add current video to queue
  • VideoRedo popup: Start Video Redo Processing Files

Last edited by nielm; 03-20-2007 at 01:48 AM.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
2.4 should be identical to 2.5 with this code but you might be looking at the QSF path which doesn't alter the file and therefore shouldn't need the conditional and branch like I displayed. I'm splitting these apart because it is possible that this isn't taking the path I expect it to when in edit mode.
In any case, it works fine in 2.5, and correctly uses Airing End time

Re FSE, I have never had FSE releasing problems: I manually toggle fullscreen before starting a videoredo processing job...

Maybe we should report it to VideoRedo as a bug: it should not need to enable a video window in batch mode...
Old 03-18-2007, 04:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
In any case, it works fine in 2.5, and correctly uses Airing End time
Great! Next maintenance version will have the option to use Start Airing + duration.
Quote:
Re FSE, I have never had FSE releasing problems: I manually toggle fullscreen before starting a videoredo processing job...
I'll see if this makes a difference. I was trying to disable FSE and VMR9 but I never tried to go to windowed mode before starting a VideoReDo edit.
Quote:
Maybe we should report it to VideoRedo as a bug: it should not need to enable a video window in batch mode...
I wondered about this too. Didn't think it should need a video window either but gave them the benefit of the doubt on it. I'll email them and at least ask why they need a video window in batch mode.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:38 PM
SageTVaholic

http://www.videoredo.net/msgBoard/sh...rectDraw+frame
Old 03-18-2007, 05:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks I incorporated the directions in the first post.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
  • Open the Video file in the Video Editor.
  • Check the commercial cut points are correct
  • If you edit the cut points, do Cut Points->Save
  • In VideoRedo popup, check that Video Redo Edit Mode is set, Replace Original file is set.
  • VideoRedo popup: Add current video to queue
  • VideoRedo popup: Start Video Redo Processing Files
Thanks.

One more question. In running with this setup, will VideoRedo re-detect the commercials again? I am looking for a fast way to cut out the commercials since I already have the .edl files from ShowAnalyzer.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Joe123: I have never actually used commercial detecting, but it should just load the EDL files.

You can also manually fire of a VideoRedo AdScan job as well...

Last edited by nielm; 03-19-2007 at 02:36 AM.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Bob, when I posted that link to the VRD thread, they had not yet posted a response!
Answer withing 15 mins on a Sunday... Thats support!

Just tested it, and that setting works as described No more FSE worries.

So for the next items on my wishlist
*Prompt to save cutpoints (if you have not already done so) when adding video to the queue.

* Can you add markers for the airing start/end time on the video timebar please (I guess there is no need to add them if the airing starts earlier or ends later than the video, but if there is padding, it's useful to see it...)
Old 03-19-2007, 11:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Bob, when I posted that link to the VRD thread, they had not yet posted a response!
Answer withing 15 mins on a Sunday... Thats support!

Just tested it, and that setting works as described No more FSE worries.

So for the next items on my wishlist
*Prompt to save cutpoints (if you have not already done so) when adding video to the queue.

* Can you add markers for the airing start/end time on the video timebar please (I guess there is no need to add them if the airing starts earlier or ends later than the video, but if there is padding, it's useful to see it...)
OK I will add these to the to do list for the next maintenance version - mental note: must remember to add them to version 0.3 as well
Old 03-19-2007, 11:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks.

One more question. In running with this setup, will VideoRedo re-detect the commercials again? I am looking for a fast way to cut out the commercials since I already have the .edl files from ShowAnalyzer.
Just load the file in this plugin and save a VPRJ cut file first then run VideoReDo. Just make sure when you save this that you do not overwrite your EDL file unless you have made changes to the cuts points. When the VideoReDo job completes it will clean out your EDL and TXT files if they exist since the cut points would no longer be valid (option to replace original video only).
Old 03-19-2007, 11:48 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Just load the file in this plugin and save a VPRJ cut file first then run VideoReDo. Just make sure when you save this that you do not overwrite your EDL file unless you have made changes to the cuts points. When the VideoReDo job completes it will clean out your EDL and TXT files if they exist since the cut points would no longer be valid (option to replace original video only).
Maybe I have some VideoRedo options setup wrong.

When I place movies in the queue and run VideoRedo, I see it run for a while, complete, but my movie still has the commercials. Nothing has been taken out. I do see that VedioRedo created its cut information file, but I don't see the new mpeg *without* the commercials.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Maybe I have some VideoRedo options setup wrong.

When I place movies in the queue and run VideoRedo, I see it run for a while, complete, but my movie still has the commercials. Nothing has been taken out. I do see that VedioRedo created its cut information file, but I don't see the new mpeg *without* the commercials.
Do you see cut points listed on the timeline when you load the file and whatever cut point file you selected while loading? If so than make sure you select "Cut Files>Save Cuts to Selected Formats" with VideoReDo the only selected option. Once you do that then add the file to the Queue for processing or "Start VideoReDo processing files". It sounds like your VideoReDo cut files (Vprj files) are empty and it is returning the whole file. Other options that you may have set are "Keep Original File" or "VideoReDo AdScan" or "VideoReDo QuickStreamFix" Those three options will keep the original file when you start VideoReDo and you will not see a difference when viewing the file in SageTV.

BobP.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Do you see cut points listed on the timeline when you load the file and whatever cut point file you selected while loading? If so than make sure you select "Cut Files>Save Cuts to Selected Formats" with VideoReDo the only selected option. Once you do that then add the file to the Queue for processing or "Start VideoReDo processing files". It sounds like your VideoReDo cut files (Vprj files) are empty and it is returning the whole file. Other options that you may have set are "Keep Original File" or "VideoReDo AdScan" or "VideoReDo QuickStreamFix" Those three options will keep the original file when you start VideoReDo and you will not see a difference when viewing the file in SageTV.

BobP.
Thanks. I will check it again tonight. But to answer one of your questions, Yes, in the timeline, I see cuts (the cut lists also shows the cut points). I see the red markers showing the sections of the commercials.

Will check the VideoRedo options tonight.