SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

Ok, all is working beautifully. Nice work!

Another question

Is there a way to do entire series or categories in one stroke?

Like flagging say all SitCom episodes and then running commercial removal on them?
Old 03-24-2007, 02:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe123 View Post
Ok, all is working beautifully. Nice work!

Another question

Is there a way to do entire series or categories in one stroke?

Like flagging say all SitCom episodes and then running commercial removal on them?
It's not completely automatic. You will have to open each episode and then add them to the VideoReDo Queue. Once you have all the videos you want added for processing then select "Start VideoReDo processing Files(s)". This isn't automatic but it does allow you to select multiple Videos and then process them at the same time.

BobP.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:13 PM
SageTVaholic

New version 0.2.6 that adds 3 new features:
  • Added ability to put the missing segment at the beginning (new default) or the ending of the video when VideoReDo is called - in the VideoReDo options menu
  • Added airing start / end times so that you can see where the padding starts - this is fully customizable (Color - default yellow, Alpha - default 255, and width - default 2 pixels)
  • Added warning when you've edited the file and you haven't saved your modifications when you execute VideoReDo or add it to the VideoReDo queue - not sure how I missed this one
  • Fixed the top row of buttons to be compatible with 6.1.4 while in full screen mode - but wasn't needed if you updated to 6.1.6 anyway so almost didn't mention it.

If you have problems let me know.

Oops almost forgot. The Airing Start/End times are along the left edge of the mark rather than the middle so take that into account when viewing. Especially if you make them wider.

BobP.

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 03-24-2007 at 09:29 PM. Reason: added qualifier and additiona bug fix list
Old 03-24-2007, 09:48 PM
Sage Fanatic

Nice Work.

If you are taking request for enhancements Please setup an easy way to tag multiple files at once (like place all Sitcons in queue).

Like being able to tag all Sitcom recordings in one stroke. Once tagged, you can then select options like VideoRedo for proceesing

Last edited by joe123; 03-24-2007 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe123 View Post
Nice Work.

If you are taking request for enhancements Please setup an easy way to tag multiple files at once (like place all Sitcons in queue).

Like being able to tag all Sitcom recordings in one stroke. Once tagged, you can then select options like VideoRedo for proceesing
I will definitely try to have this in 0.3 but I don't expect it to make it into a 0.2.x version. This takes a little more work than the additions I've made to 0.2.x.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Bob, did you add a date in the file list?

Thanks.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonmike View Post

Thanks.
Assuming you mean to the open file list? Then not yet - it is coming soon I hope as a temporary addition until I finish version 0.3.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The workaround is to play the file through whatever is your 'normal' method, and then use the full screen playback screen's options menu to start the video editor...
Old 03-27-2007, 08:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Thanks.
Just uploaded a new version 0.2.7 that has the FileOpen popup menu from version 0.3. With it you will be able to group the videos by different criteria, Sort those groupings by still different criteria and include some additional info with the Video Name. All are configurable as to what to group by, sort by and additional info as well as the direction of the sort (A..Z and Z...A). This version requires SageTV 6.1.x and uses the JAR files I am developing for version 0.3. Since this is not complete - the file open code is complete however - I included 0.2.6 as well in the download file in case this causes problems. The look of this popup menu looks like SageTV 6.1.x rather than 6.0.x and before like previous versions. Nothing else has changed looks however.

OH one more thing by default the additional info does not display so that there is more room for the show name. To see the additional info go to options and set the size of the additional info area to something other than 0. Numbers are percentages of the total width of the file name area and is independent of the grouping width.

If you want more groupings, sort criteria or additional info just let me know what you would like. That is why I put it out now rather than with version 0.3 which I'm still working on - slowly. Also as always if you have problems let me know and I will try to fix them.

BobP.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:26 PM
SageTVaholic

New version 0.2.7 just uploaded.
  • Added the FileOpen dialog from 0.3 that I am still developing
  • Left 0.2.6 in the download in case there are problems with the new version or my JAR files. Also 0.2.7 requires SageTV 6.1.x so if you are not using that version of SageTV just use 0.2.6 if you haven't already downloaded it.
  • Graphic of what it looks like is attached below.
Sorry to add another change so soon but I had this part completed in 0.3 and should have included it. I didn't want to because it requires 6.1.x but I changed my mind.

BobP.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New FileOpen menu.jpg (52.9 KB, 225 views)
Old 03-28-2007, 08:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Wow, thanks Bob. I will try it tonight!
Old 03-28-2007, 09:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Bob, once again, truely amazing! This has matured into a most excellent and useful plugin. Can't wait to see what you have in store for v3!!

HTPC: AMD ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 Motherboard; Athlon 64 3200+ Orleans 2.0GHz; 2GB RAM; eVGA 256MB Geforce 7300LE; 1x40GB IDE HDD (OS), 2xSeagate Barracuda 320GB SATA HDD (Recordings); Antec Overture II Case; Windows XP Pro SP2; SageTV v6.5
STV: SageMC
Video sources: Currently, none. I'm using SageTV for Music, Photos, and Video playback.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Lets try this again. Version 0.2.8 should allow you to save your edit changes now. Sorry about that. Just uploaded no other changes. Changed how I handled loading/saving cut files and forgot to translate a variable back to 0.2 style.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:08 AM

Version 2.8 never wants to do VideoRedo editing properly with me. It just pops up a popup outside of sage that says 'no cut points' or something similar. I'm using the latest RC of Sage. 2.6 works perfectly, it's really a damn usefull plugin.

By the way, when you upgrade a stvi, do you need to roll back to the STV before you installed it, or does it just overwrite?
Old 03-29-2007, 06:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterf View Post
Version 2.8 never wants to do VideoRedo editing properly with me. It just pops up a popup outside of sage that says 'no cut points' or something similar. I'm using the latest RC of Sage. 2.6 works perfectly, it's really a damn usefull plugin.
I'll check this out tonight I might have missed something else needed from the original OpenFile dialog for this.

Quote:
By the way, when you upgrade a stvi, do you need to roll back to the STV before you installed it, or does it just overwrite?
This depends on the STVi. On this plugin it should be possible to install on top of itself without having to roll back the STV first. If that doesn't work for you let me know and I will look into that as well.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

I havent kept pace with the plugin, I admit.

Does it allow you to mark the files, on the client machine, and do the actuall job on the server?

I have a very strong server. and my clients are on for just a fraction of the day (server is 24/7), so i need it to run on the server.
SageTV Client 6.3.5 , AMD 3000, 1024Mb, Saphire x1600Pro256HDMI, java 1.6.1

Using Nielm's Web server 2.22
Old 03-29-2007, 07:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24 View Post
I havent kept pace with the plugin, I admit.

Does it allow you to mark the files, on the client machine, and do the actuall job on the server?

I have a very strong server. and my clients are on for just a fraction of the day (server is 24/7), so i need it to run on the server.
Not yet if I can get it to work I plan on this with Version 0.3. I'm just trying to code the Java for a "loadable class" on the Sage Server now. If I can get that to work then it will be in the next version.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24 View Post
yes, kind of.
If the clients can access the server files directly (mapped drives/vnc paths), you can mark the cut points on the files in the clients -- these cutpoints would be saved with the media files themselves.

To actually edit the files, you would need to log onto the server itself to add the files to the queue and start the videoredo process.

but you cannot enqueue on the client, and process on the server...
Old 03-29-2007, 04:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterf View Post
I do most of mine from a client and from there I cannot reproduce this problem. But I have had in the past a dialog box from VideoReDo popup saying it can't find the mpg file and do I want to browse for it. That occurs for me because I had ShowAnalyzer to not produce absolute paths for VideoReDo output. If that is the case for you then you can fix it by writing out the VideoReDo cut points with my plugin. It only produces absolute paths. I have since changed to use absolute paths and I don't get that any more. In order to test this further I need to wait for a recording window and try it from my MVP - my server is headless.

BobP.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:20 PM

I don't get the VideoReDo menu when I install VideoEditing. Whats wrong?