SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

As kirby said above. I would be careful to order the Snazio model without solid confirmation about compability. Here is a quick shot of backside from Snazio vs CES model. If it was a plain Snazio 1310 model, it is a little strange that model text on right side doesn't match. So we may be looking at a 'v2' of the 'Net Cinema HD' that has improvements in hardware.

But if it is the same model, and it will be supported, my finger is on the trigger Already found a store that can deliver (in stock) to Norway.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Compare.gif (50.3 KB, 317 views)
Old 01-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Sage Icon

I don't see anywhere if it is HDCP compliant. Anyone else see this?

thanks,
Old 01-11-2007, 11:02 AM
Sage Icon

Ok, here are my friends pics... Nothing new at this point:

BTW, no need for HDCP support, since Sage doesn't have a protected video path from the server to the extender. The way MSFT does it is proprietary, and would prevent the expandibility we all love.

R5000-HD is the only way to go.

Thanks,
Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAGE_008.jpg (178.7 KB, 644 views)
File Type: jpg IMAGE_009.jpg (193.4 KB, 563 views)
File Type: jpg IMAGE_010.jpg (210.1 KB, 529 views)
File Type: jpg IMAGE_011.jpg (188.3 KB, 513 views)
File Type: jpg IMAGE_012.jpg (174.9 KB, 520 views)
Old 01-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by voidpt
As kirby said above. I would be careful to order the Snazio model without solid confirmation about compability. Here is a quick shot of backside from Snazio vs CES model. If it was a plain Snazio 1310 model, it is a little strange that model text on right side doesn't match. So we may be looking at a 'v2' of the 'Net Cinema HD' that has improvements in hardware.

But if it is the same model, and it will be supported, my finger is on the trigger Already found a store that can deliver (in stock) to Norway.
The Sage folks said it will be a Sage branded device, and that they ware working to make sure the software is rock solid in terms of reliability before releasing it. Apparently a few of the Sage staff have them at home, but Jeff wants it to be bulletproof before it's released.

I would hold off ordering the Snazio's. Sage may comment on this, but typically OEM relationships like this one may incluade special firmware and/or hardware support. Getting the unit without the accompaying software/firmware may not be helpful.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 01-11-2007, 11:08 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm
typically OEM relationships like this one may incluade special firmware and/or hardware support. Getting the unit without the accompaying software/firmware may not be helpful.

Thanks,
Mike
Yeah, I thought about as much. I think I just got a bit over excited to finally have a HD extender
Old 01-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Apparently a few of the Sage staff have them at home, but Jeff wants it to be bulletproof before it's released.
And additional bulletproofing can be commenced at my house at any moment!
Old 01-11-2007, 11:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
And additional bulletproofing can be commenced at my house at any moment!
DITO!!!!

And I was pleased/surprised to see that the Snazio supports VGA via an adapter. Great news for me if it holds true since my upstairs HDTV only accepts HD over VGA.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:18 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Ok, here are my friends pics... Nothing new at this point:

BTW, no need for HDCP support, since Sage doesn't have a protected video path from the server to the extender. The way MSFT does it is proprietary, and would prevent the expandibility we all love.

R5000-HD is the only way to go.

Thanks,
Mike
I was specifically thinking of an extender with an upconverting DVD player
Old 01-11-2007, 11:25 AM
Sage Icon

alright sage team--since the cat is out of the bag, since you are showcasing it at CES, since you've told us its coming, since we have pics....how about some more info!!!!!

please?
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 01-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
alright sage team--since the cat is out of the bag, since you are showcasing it at CES, since you've told us its coming, since we have pics....how about some more info!!!!!

please?
+1 on this request!
Future plans: 1 more HVR2250, 1 Ceton CC 4-way tuner, 10TB diskspace
Issues: 1 PVR250 not working, system board?
Old 01-11-2007, 11:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
how about some more info!!!!!
Same here, will the same extender license work for the new extender or will this be a new one?

Will there be a DVD option with the extender, two models, or is this customized for SAGE and it wont be available?
Old 01-11-2007, 12:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Apparently a few of the Sage staff have them at home, but Jeff wants it to be bulletproof before it's released.
Umm ... is Sage need of a finance person on their staff? If so, and they need an extra beta tester to help them with making sure this is rock solid, I think I might know of one who would work for minimum wage.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Sage Fanatic

I can not wait until this is released! This really looks like a promising product.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Sage Icon

as soon as sagetv officially supports this extender, I think snazio will see a huge increase in sales. I know I'll order a few if it works as well as the MVP, but for HDTVs, and if the price remains around $200 with the extender license.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:09 PM
SageTVaholic

I hope Sage will give us another chance to swap a regular client license for an extender license once the HD extender becomes available. If not I'll happily shell out the $30, but if they do I might be inclined to pick up an extra unit.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade
I hope Sage will give us another chance to swap a regular client license for an extender license once the HD extender becomes available. If not I'll happily shell out the $30, but if they do I might be inclined to pick up an extra unit.
I'll be a little p'd off if I have to shell out more for a new extender license! An extender license should be exactly that.. regardless of the extender used! What next? A fee if you run 16:9, or if your TV is larger than 32"? It is a slippery slope if a company wants to charge extra every time they catch up to current technology. I'd think that developing this technology will bring customers and retain customers.. but shouldn't ding those that have bought it already.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
I'll be a little p'd off if I have to shell out more for a new extender license! An extender license should be exactly that.. regardless of the extender used! What next? A fee if you run 16:9, or if your TV is larger than 32"? It is a slippery slope if a company wants to charge extra every time they catch up to current technology. I'd think that developing this technology will bring customers and retain customers.. but shouldn't ding those that have bought it already.
I'm not talking about a different extender license I'm talking about a regular PC client license. You may have understood this and just been raising another point. I just don't want anyone to think I was implying that the MVP extender license wasn't going to work with it.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am a little miffed by SageTV's lack of comments here.

I really do not understand the lack of response here by SageTV. I know they have been busy at CES but they at least owe there current users a little memo about this exciting new device. Maybe I am just litlle impatient her but in this day of internet instant news it kinda eerks me to sit and wait for a definetive responce as to the expected feature set ,availabiliy and cost. Maybe they are just have not finalized a deal yet with the provider of this device and can not or will not until its final but to me this is a very important missing piece and has a lot to do with the future of Sagetv.
I am also waiting to see what the hell there AMD live Sage server anouncement means to me. Does it mean Sage is moving to a Vista platform, is it a totaly separate product line. If it has anyting to do with Vista "They can build it but I will not Come"
Rant over!
Seasonic S-12 380w, NEC 3520a Onboard SoundStorm S/PDIF out
WD-Caviar 120GB IDE (System) Seagate (3) Baracuda 250GB sata (Pooled)
GF-7600gs Forceware 93.71 Nvida-Decoder V.4.02.223HDHR-Prime 3-Digital Fios ,HDhomeRun-Qam/FIOS
Clients:GA-MA78GM-S2H -AMD 4800- Sage TV Client-FireFly Remote - Amd x2 Turino LAPTOP - HD-100 + MVP Client DVR Verizon Fios/ B]
Old 01-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefred99
I really do not understand the lack of response here by SageTV. I know they have been busy at CES but they at least owe there current users a little memo about this exciting new device. Maybe I am just litlle impatient her but in this day of internet instant news it kinda eerks me to sit and wait for a definetive responce as to the expected feature set ,availabiliy and cost. Maybe they are just have not finalized a deal yet with the provider of this device and can not or will not until its final but to me this is a very important missing piece and has a lot to do with the future of Sagetv.
I am also waiting to see what the hell there AMD live Sage server anouncement means to me. Does it mean Sage is moving to a Vista platform, is it a totaly separate product line. If it has anyting to do with Vista "They can build it but I will not Come"
Rant over!
I think you hit the nail on the head. If you've ever been to CES as a consumer, it's exhausting - going as an exhibitor is akin to suicide. You have to be 'on' 24-7 for the duration of the show, then after the show, you have to go to networking parties, then after those, you're in Vegas, so you have to enjoy that...

I don't blame them for staying away from here right now. They need to concentrate on the reason they're at CES in the first place - getting their name out there. There will be plenty of time to tell their rabid fans about all the new stuff when they get back and have slept for a few days straight.

Cheers Sage! Can't wait 'til you get back!
Old 01-12-2007, 01:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashless
I think you hit the nail on the head. If you've ever been to CES as a consumer, it's exhausting - going as an exhibitor is akin to suicide. You have to be 'on' 24-7 for the duration of the show, then after the show, you have to go to networking parties, then after those, you're in Vegas, so you have to enjoy that...
Ahh but you forgot about the 'other' big convention in Vegas being held at the same time!