SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sorry to take a step back, but I am having trouble getting the EXETunerPlugin installed. Here is what i have done, based on the directions from the linked thread:

*extracted EXETunerPlugin.dll to c:\program files\sagetv\common
*restarted SageTV
*Went into Setup>Setup video sources>PVR-150 composite, but did NOT see an option for "Tuner Control: EXE Tuner Plugin StubDevice". [where is this supposed to show-do I need to mess w/ the properties file?]
*I tried to manually add the registry entry at 'HKLM\software\sage\EXETunerPlugin' - putting in the command line "C:\program Files\Sage\MCE blaster\MCEBlaster.exe" %CHANNEL% 500 3
*Restarted again, but did not find the EXE tuner option.

I have been able to learn and test the commands, and the test seems to work (when re-opening Blaster.exe the learned commands are no longer there, so i assume they are saved in the .dat file. Also, if i need to re-learn, or change some keys, I assume I will re-learn all of them again).

So, if anyone can shed some light on where i am off, i would appreciate it. Thanks
Old 03-13-2007, 08:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, I got EXETuner to show and selected it for the tuner. I am able to get the "NOTEPAD" test to work in the registry setting, but am unable to get it going for the MCEblaster. Can someone tell me what their registry setting is for the setup - in other words the string for the 'command' line. Thanks
Old 03-21-2007, 07:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

anyone using this? Looking for this line in the registry

"HKLM\software\sage\EXETunerPlugin"
"command"="???????"

Last edited by sabre; 03-21-2007 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:54 AM
Sage Expert

Take a look at this thread :

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22269

I had a battle to get it working, but it works fine now

Tim
Stephane's XMLTV Importer, Digiguide,
Old 03-21-2007, 10:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks Tim,

I am not running in service mode, thus that should not be an issue, correct?

Is this what your command line in the registry looks like?
"C:\program Files\Sage\MCE blaster\MCEBlaster.exe" %CHANNEL% 500 3

with the quotes and numbers? I am assuming this is where i am off, since the NOTEPAD test worked.

Tim
Old 03-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Sage Expert

Well my commands not the same as yours as I'm not using a blaster but the syntax is similar :

wscript C:\\\\changer.vbs %CHANNEL%

Note that it doesnt call the channel changing binary itself, but calls a visual basic script that does. That might help you as you could send something to notepad as well as call your binary. my VB script looks like :

Dim oShell
Set oShell = WScript.CreateObject ("WScript.shell")
oShell.run "c:\\sky-control-usb --sky --channel " & WScript.Arguments(0), 0, true

I resolved the service mode thing though

Tim
Stephane's XMLTV Importer, Digiguide,
Old 03-22-2007, 08:54 AM
Sage User

First I need to apologize...I hate to be this guy but I'm lost....

I have looked in this thread, and the downloads section and cannot find the download link for the Blaster.zip

Can anyone point me in the right direction. I've obviously found the other files, and I'm going to feel like a huge moron when it's pointed out.....

Thanks and my apologies again...

Marc
Old 03-22-2007, 10:05 AM
SageTVaholic

from the first post:

EDIT:
Sorry folks it just came to my attention by bmellesmoen that I shouldn't be releasing this program since I don't adhere to GPL (although I did get written consent from their author).

I don't need the headache. if someone still needs them let me know.

---

You may want to send a PM to matrix, or PM me your email address and I can mail you the files.

B
Old 03-22-2007, 10:39 AM
Sage User

Thanks for that....I saw the edit saying the files were gone, then a post saying they were back, I assumed that the "they're gone" just hadn't/Couldn't be removed.

Thanks and I'll PM
Old 03-23-2007, 11:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

Finally got it to work. Great stuff, thanks Matrix.

Here is what I used for command - will confirm later when at machine

"C:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\[MCE blaster]\\MCEBlaster.exe" -send %CHANNEL% 270 3
Old 03-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Sage Icon

is anyone else having problems with the myblaster.dat file not being reloaded after initial learning with blaster.exe? on one network encoder box it works fine for me, but on another identically set up machine, it doesn't. I tried everything I could think of but it just wouldn't work. so I punted.

I now have the 2nd encoder set up with HIP instead, which works just peachy, after the 2 hours it takes to get it set up.

just curious if I'm alone here.
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Backup: Synology
SageTV version: FINAL
Old 04-19-2007, 08:11 PM
Sage User

I've got MCEBlaster working great with Numerics 0-9, but I need to get it to send the A,B,C...Select codes as well. Does anyone know the command line syntax for the non-numerics.

If I just put in "mceblaster -send A 40 0" it blows up.

Any ideas?

Marc
Old 04-19-2007, 08:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampcov View Post
I've got MCEBlaster working great with Numerics 0-9, but I need to get it to send the A,B,C...Select codes as well. Does anyone know the command line syntax for the non-numerics.

If I just put in "mceblaster -send A 40 0" it blows up.

Any ideas?

Marc
there's actually a -sendx parameter. try that.
mceblaster -sendx A123 40 0
Old 04-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

lampcov, just curious, if the blaster could send the IR code that is on the A, B,C, etc, how would that be conveyed by Sage? AFAIK, sage only sends the channel number to the box. But i would love to know of a way to send other codes via the letters.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Using to control 2 STBs

Anyone get this working to control 2 STBs? Am going to try this weekend perhaps.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre View Post
Anyone get this working to control 2 STBs? Am going to try this weekend perhaps.
Sabre, et al.,

I haven't posted on this in awhile, but I was never able to get the MCE blasters to work with a DISH311 receiver. It just never could control it no matter what I did, and then I found some postings somewhere else (I can't remember now, maybe www.thegreenbutton.com) that said it was impossible to get the MCE blasters to work with DISH receivers. I don't know because other people said it would work.

In short, if you are not using DISH receivers, more power to you; if you are, and you get it to work, I'd love to know how and see your config file.

What I did in the end is just purchase a separate USB-UIRT and that works fantastic. I now have two IR modules on my setup, the MCE one to receive commands from the MCE remote and keyboard; and the USB-UIRT to transmit commands to my receiver, but the combo works great.

C.J.

P.S. the system described in my signature is no longer accurate. I just haven't had the chance to update it yet.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

OK, I'm not sure what I am doing wrong here. I can't get the SageTray.exe program to work right. I am using the latest version of SageTV.

I copy the files to the c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv folder. I modified the install batch files to call SageTVClient.exe instead of SageTV.exe (this is a client system). I run the install and see the sagetray.exe process running in task manager, but when I press the Green button I don't get anything.

Any ideas?
Old 05-25-2007, 12:02 PM
SageTVaholic

sagetray.exe /register
sagetray.exe /app sagetvclient.exe
start sagetray.exe

Is what you have in your batch? Also, are you running Windows MCE or XP?

B
Old 05-25-2007, 03:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yep, that is exactly what I have.

I am running Windows XP Pro SP2 for the OS
Old 05-25-2007, 03:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Would you try:

1) Kill the process
2) open a cmd prompt
3) Navigate to the SageTV dir
4) run your batch file from the cmd prompt?

Thanks