SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Sage User

Older version?

I'm trying to find 4.1 or 5.0 of SageTV and haven't found it yet. I'm still searching as I type this, but if anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thanks

* merged; see previous posts *
Old 03-12-2008, 08:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarhyte View Post
I'm trying to find 4.1 or 5.0 of SageTV and haven't found it yet. I'm still searching as I type this, but if anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thanks

http://www.sagetv.com/postDL.php?tmp..._1_14Setup.exe (SageTV)
http://www.sagetv.com/postDL.php?tmp..._1_14Setup.exe (SageClient)
http://www.sagetv.com/postDL.php?tmp..._1_14Setup.exe (Placeshifter)

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Sage User

is the 5.0.4 link working for anyone? it just times out for me
Old 04-05-2008, 12:56 AM
Sage User

Older version of Sage and Placeshifter

Because of problems with streaming live tv to placeshifter over the internet. I have tried everything suggested with no help.

I would like to back up to an older version 6.2 for both sage and placeshifter , It worked ok in that version.

Question is where can I download the older versions from.

Ed

Old 05-19-2008, 07:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Download latest Sage 5

Where can I download the last version of SageTV 5? I can't seem to locate it.

The reason:
A friend of mine (that I got interested in Sage) upgraded to version 6 a week ago (from 5) but he bought his license from PcAlchemy about two weeks before the cutoff for the free Sage 6 license upgrades took effect (in early April). PcAlchemy can't do anything for him. His trial of Sage 6 is about to run out and he's having a lot of jitter problems that weren't there in his Sage 5 install. Since he has been unsuccessful in getting that fixed and doesn't see any must-have features in v6, he'd rather just go back to version 5, but he'd like to get the latest version that he's entitled to.

Thanks,
Paul

Old 08-26-2008, 12:50 PM
Sage User

SageTv 6.2

Where can I still download SageTv 6.2, I liked that version better because it played video smoother.
Can anyone provide a link.
THX

Old 08-30-2008, 07:35 PM

Is it possible to find older versions of Sage Tv?

Hi -

I just had my hard disk crash, and after disk replacement, OS loading, etc, I went to reinstall SageTv software. I only had a CD with 2.2 on it from my original purchase a few years ago. I had subsequently installed versions 4.something and 5.something after the original install, but I can't find these old versions for download.

I don't need version 6.4, and don't want to pay for the upgrade, because it was fine for me before. Where can I find an archive of previous versions of Windows SageTV software? I already paid for that version, and I'd like to go back to it. I'll burn a CD this time

Thanks.
-Paul

Old 10-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Previous Versions of Sage

I'm looking to get my hands on a previous version of Sage, specifically version 5.0.4.92. I have a legit license, but lost all my prior versions of Sage when the hard drive failed. I purchased an upgrade license to 6.4, but if the WAF starts to drop I may need to switch back as version 5.0.4.92 worked flawlessly.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:43 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmithvr6 View Post
I'm looking to get my hands on a previous version of Sage, specifically version 5.0.4.92. I have a legit license, but lost all my prior versions of Sage when the hard drive failed. I purchased an upgrade license to 6.4, but if the WAF starts to drop I may need to switch back as version 5.0.4.92 worked flawlessly.

Is this what you want?

http://sagetv.com/postDL.php?tmpFile...5_0_4Setup.exe
Old 11-27-2008, 09:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaylor View Post
A friend of mine (that I got interested in Sage) upgraded to version 6 a week ago (from 5) but he bought his license from PcAlchemy about two weeks before the cutoff for the free Sage 6 license upgrades took effect (in early April). PcAlchemy can't do anything for him. His trial of Sage 6 is about to run out and he's having a lot of jitter problems that weren't there in his Sage 5 install. Since he has been unsuccessful in getting that fixed and doesn't see any must-have features in v6, he'd rather just go back to version 5, but he'd like to get the latest version that he's entitled to.
I'm in a similar situation. I bought SageTV from PCAlchemy in mid '06, buying version 4.1 just two weeks before 5.0 was released. My code worked without issue for the upgrade to 5.0, so no problem there.

I've been using 5 forever with no particular issue, but find nowadays that most new innovations revolve around the current v6 software. Are there technical issues that won't allow this upgrade? From what I see, it looks like I might not be able to do so without paying another licensing fee. (From what I remember, the upgrade path was not an issue at the time I purchased it.)

Any other info on an upgrade from v5 to v6 would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking to be less passive as a SageTV user, and would like to know any other limitations for v5 and benefits for v6.

Thanks!
Old 11-27-2008, 05:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonGal View Post
I'm in a similar situation. I bought SageTV from PCAlchemy in mid '06, buying version 4.1 just two weeks before 5.0 was released. My code worked without issue for the upgrade to 5.0, so no problem there.

I've been using 5 forever with no particular issue, but find nowadays that most new innovations revolve around the current v6 software. Are there technical issues that won't allow this upgrade? From what I see, it looks like I might not be able to do so without paying another licensing fee. (From what I remember, the upgrade path was not an issue at the time I purchased it.)

Any other info on an upgrade from v5 to v6 would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking to be less passive as a SageTV user, and would like to know any other limitations for v5 and benefits for v6.

Thanks!
Any upgrade from v4 to v6 (the latest) is a paid upgrade. See this post for explanation. It is what it is.
v6 upgrade info

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

where can I download version 6.5.9.204?

It was working fine with LM remote. I upgraded to 6.6 to fix the youtube issue adn now LM remote does not works! Point me to that version download if it is not much to ask. thanks

Old 08-19-2009, 06:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

But I don't need an upgrade but a downgrade! I am a paying SageTV customer. My question is do I need to buy the 6.5.9.204 version when I already pay for a previous one? Please advice when convenient.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Your earlier post asked where to download a previous version, so it was merged here, where there are posts explaining how to download previous versions. So, I'm not sure what you mean by upgrade vs downgrade regarding a license. Right before this question, you posted that you were using 6.5.9, so my assumption was that you already have a license that works with v6. You also have a thread open regarding your issues after installing v6.6, so maybe you should continue that topic?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Andy,
none of the other links works (at least from work) to download the requested software that was working in my ystem prior to upgrading to 6.6 That is why I requested the software. I still can find a link that can take me to download 6.5!
Old 08-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Administrator

It points out previously in this topic that all you have to do is check the current version download links & change the version number for the one you want, formatted the same as the download link you are changing. If you have already tried that, then note that you are looking for v6.5.9, not v6.5.9.204.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

I got it! Thanks fro clearing the waters for me. LEt's see if this clears my LM Remote/SageTV issues!
Old 10-17-2009, 03:29 AM
Sage User

SageTV Old Version

I've been looking around the site, and the forum but I can't seem to find any old versions available for download. I can find the STV package for the version styling I want, but I'd rather have the actually installation file.

I've been using SageTV version 6.1 something on my previous Media Center computer since I set that computer up, back in 2007. I recently built a new Media Center, one that is much quieter. And I went about moving everything, achieved recordings, current recordings, etc. As I won't be using that old computer as a Media Center anymore.

I'm currently using version 6.6 something, and I don't like the new style as much. So I changed the STV to version 6.1.7.0. But the menu and guide doesn't function quite the way I'm used to. So I was wondering where I can find the actual download for version 6.1. Sorry if I just can't find it, because I didn't look hard enough.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:08 AM
SageTVaholic

I didn't think that much has changed. What, in particular, don't you like about the current version?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-17-2009, 04:30 AM
Sage User

Well I understand not much has changed, but the menu and the guide just don't seem to act the same. I know I'm stuck in the past, but that's the style and version I'm used to. So I want to know where I can find it.

Tags
older version, previous version