SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 02-18-2007, 12:45 AM
Sage Icon

When trying to play an h264 .ts file I get an error --- ERROR (-4,0,x80004005): There was a problem rendering the video portion of the content for playback.

On the other hand 1080p content in an mp4 container plays just fine even on my 2.8 P4!
Old 02-18-2007, 01:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

I don't have time to install this new version on my htpc due to issues with my office pc (not sage related)... so for me and others out there who won't be installing this for a while, can somebody post some pics of the new "visual" updates and logo for our viewing pleasure?

just kinda curious what sage looks like now, looked around the forum but can't find any pics of this latest version.

Thanks
Future plans: 1 more HVR2250, 1 Ceton CC 4-way tuner, 10TB diskspace
Issues: 1 PVR250 not working, system board?
Old 02-18-2007, 04:54 AM
Sage User

Quote:
You could try changing the ui/window_title_style property. I think it will use 0 - 3, or something like that. It may still be hardcoded to each setting, though.
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried each value in turn:

ui/window_title_style property=0 is the default blue Windows XP title bar.
ui/window_title_style property=1 is the default blue Windows XP title bar.
ui/window_title_style property=2 is a Windows 2000 style title bar.
ui/window_title_style property=3 gives a white title bar with three round coloured buttons (red, amber, green) on the left-hand side.

In comparison to other issues that people are having, such as video playback, I realise that this title bar issue isn't exactly at the top of Sage's list of things to fix/change, but in terms of first impressions of their product I think it's really important to change, because it makes the application look and feel dated. I don't see why it's difficult to make the title bar of the SageTV window match the chosen Windows theme? Even 'bedroom coders' can make their applications do this, so why can't Sage?

I'm liking everything else about this release candidate though, clearly a lot of effort has gone into it.

Steve.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:01 AM
Sage Icon

Whatever happened to the resolution numbers that used to be on the Client display?

I have a 2560x1600 monitor and it was nice to be able to exactly make the window size 1920x1080 so, technically, there was no scaling.

Is there a way to turn that back on?

Thanks,

stacy
Old 02-18-2007, 09:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
Whatever happened to the resolution numbers that used to be on the Client display?

I have a 2560x1600 monitor and it was nice to be able to exactly make the window size 1920x1080 so, technically, there was no scaling.

Is there a way to turn that back on?
Even better! By editing your SageClient.properties file, while sage is closed, you can add a shortcut to resize the window to whatever resolution you like (e.g. FullHD).

Edit the following line:

Code:
quick_menu_sizes=
and add something like:
Code:
quick_menu_sizes=1920x1080,720x480
Now restart the client and right click on the titlebar. There you will see the quickmenu.

Marneb
Old 02-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

YES OR NO - Will h264 recorded from R5000 work in 6.1 final

Sage Crew,

What's the deal. Will h264 recorded from R5000 work in 6.1 final release or not.

Plain and simple, yes or no please.

Thank you
Old 02-18-2007, 01:21 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOSG
Sage Crew,

What's the deal. Will h264 recorded from R5000 work in 6.1 final release or not.

Plain and simple, yes or no please.

Thank you
I hope they are just enjoying their weekend and will answer with a resounding YES Monday morning. I know for me they will get my upgrade money as soon as someone confirms it works (sorry, but it was supposed to be in 6.0 and then was moved to 6.1, so I'm not upgrading from version 5 until someone confirms it works).
Old 02-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Sage Icon

Or email them since this is primarily a user to to user forum.

P
Old 02-18-2007, 01:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOSG
I imagine that depends on whether any R5000 h264 users are willing to install the beta and do the testing.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marneb17
Even better! By editing your SageClient.properties file, while sage is closed, you can add a shortcut to resize the window to whatever resolution you like (e.g. FullHD).

Edit the following line:

Code:
quick_menu_sizes=
and add something like:
Code:
quick_menu_sizes=1920x1080,720x480
Now restart the client and right click on the titlebar. There you will see the quickmenu.

Marneb
Thanks. Just what I needed.

Stacy
Old 02-18-2007, 01:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjgore
I don't see why it's difficult to make the title bar of the SageTV window match the chosen Windows theme? Even 'bedroom coders' can make their applications do this, so why can't Sage?
Sage is a Java app, not a native Windows app, so it doesn't automatically inherit the look-and-feel of your current Windows theme. The various title bar styles have to be specifically coded for, and apparently they haven't got round to doing one for Vista yet.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick
I imagine that depends on whether any R5000 h264 users are willing to install the beta and do the testing.

Kirby did that over and over again during the 6.0 beta.... Why ask for the R5000 users to waste their time unless changes have been made to fix the issues.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjgore
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried each value in turn:

ui/window_title_style property=0 is the default blue Windows XP title bar.
ui/window_title_style property=1 is the default blue Windows XP title bar.
ui/window_title_style property=2 is a Windows 2000 style title bar.
ui/window_title_style property=3 gives a white title bar with three round coloured buttons (red, amber, green) on the left-hand side.

In comparison to other issues that people are having, such as video playback, I realise that this title bar issue isn't exactly at the top of Sage's list of things to fix/change, but in terms of first impressions of their product I think it's really important to change, because it makes the application look and feel dated. I don't see why it's difficult to make the title bar of the SageTV window match the chosen Windows theme? Even 'bedroom coders' can make their applications do this, so why can't Sage?

I'm liking everything else about this release candidate though, clearly a lot of effort has gone into it.

Steve.
ui/window_title_style property=10

will get you the result you want. That uses the native system window class instead of SageTV's custom window class. You lose the ability to right-click on the title bar when you do that to do 'always on top' or quickly set it to a different resolution.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMYB77
The SABER 2020 is not working for me? Could it be that I need to use the drivers that came out with the firmware update?? right now i'm using version 1033.0.4.5 drivers for the card. Please tell use which version drivers are needed.

The error i'm gettting is:
Details:error (-4,0x8007001f) "There was a problem using the capture device please be sure you have the latest drivers installed for your capture device, and that they are installed correctly.

Previous version of SageTV the tuner worked but would use software encoding instead of hardware. Could someone tell me what the problem is?

I did uninstall and reinstall the drivers to make sure they were good.

Thanks
Armyb77
When we tested this to confirm it works now we had done the firmware upgrade on the card and used the latest drivers. So I'd suggest doing that.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfinx
Has the H.264 playback issues been fixed? I don't see it in the change log.
That hasn't been done yet which is why I said in my original post "(there will be more added after the first full release of V6.1)" I was referring to H.264 specifically. It *may* make it in there in the first full 6.1 release; and if not it'll be in a 6.1.x update shortly afterwards. We'll evaluate the state of this tomorrow and let you know. Sorry for the delay on this one.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
That hasn't been done yet which is why I said in my original post "(there will be more added after the first full release of V6.1)" I was referring to H.264 specifically. It *may* make it in there in the first full 6.1 release; and if not it'll be in a 6.1.x update shortly afterwards. We'll evaluate the state of this tomorrow and let you know. Sorry for the delay on this one.
Thank you for the update
Old 02-18-2007, 02:25 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
Thanks Jeff!

I completely understand that things don't always go the way we (and probably you) would like them to.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:38 PM
Sage Icon

Jeff,

I'm having an issue with DVD Playback.
The last three DVDs I've played have completely locked up the GUI. One DVD was a physical DVD in the DVD drive and two were ripped on the hard drive.

It doesn't seem to happen at any particular point. Just happens at random.

This has only happened since 6.1.1 was installed. Brought it up now since I haven't played a DVD until today.

I'm not a home right this second so I assume you want logs I'll send them tomrrow night when i get home. Just wanted to give you a heads up to try it maybe.

Stacy
Old 02-18-2007, 07:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

H.264

Thanks Jeff. I know there are a lot of us R5000 users out there losing more and more HD channels every month due to conversions to H.264. We all look forward to having the chance to help test out your beta code when it's available. Just let us know it's there and we'll pounce.

Thanks, Chad
Old 02-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Why isn't the context menu transparent anymore? I'm getting some ugly solid-blue buttons there.