SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 02-18-2007, 08:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
Jeff,

I'm having an issue with DVD Playback.
The last three DVDs I've played have completely locked up the GUI. One DVD was a physical DVD in the DVD drive and two were ripped on the hard drive.

It doesn't seem to happen at any particular point. Just happens at random.

This has only happened since 6.1.1 was installed. Brought it up now since I haven't played a DVD until today.

I'm not a home right this second so I assume you want logs I'll send them tomrrow night when i get home. Just wanted to give you a heads up to try it maybe.

Stacy
I'm not sure if you are using the Nvidia decoder but if you are then perhaps this:
Quote:
4. When playing back a DVD with the NVidia decoder, automatically insert the NVidia postprocessor unless another PP is specified or the property videoframe/use_nvidia_pp_when_decoder_selected is set to false
may be causing your problem
Am I to understand that if you set the Nvidia decoder in the DVD settings that it will automatically use the post processor instead. If that is the case I'm not sure why this would have been done. If I wanted the post processor I would simply select it in the video decoder. I never use the post processor as I've never had good results with it and it uses a ton more cpu. Maybe I don't understand this new property properly though. Anyways my point is if you are using the Nvidia decoder try changing this property.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Installed it; performance is very good! Video stutters and UI sluggishness are virtually gone. There is the occasional audio hiccup, but that's likely due to ReClock acting up.

On a side note, what the hell did they do to the Sage logo? The old one looked waaaaay better. The new one looks like a bad spirograph shamrock.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwannabe
Installed it; performance is very good! Video stutters and UI sluggishness are virtually gone. There is the occasional audio hiccup, but that's likely due to ReClock acting up.

On a side note, what the hell did they do to the Sage logo? The old one looked waaaaay better. The new one looks like a bad spirograph shamrock.
I disagree! I think the old logo was getting dated and the new one is fresh and nicer.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

I agree, liked the old logo better. But it may grow on me...

As for 6.1.3, MVP is MUCH more responsive. THANKS!!!

Now the only thing I'm still missing from Sage is Internet Radio support for the MVP. (please?)

-Dan
Old 02-18-2007, 10:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnttoker
I agree, liked the old logo better. But it may grow on me...

As for 6.1.3, MVP is MUCH more responsive. THANKS!!!

Now the only thing I'm still missing from Sage is Internet Radio support for the MVP. (please?)

-Dan
Well, I like how the new tray logo says "TV" on it. Makes it very distinguishable from my other icons!
Old 02-18-2007, 10:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

clock off 5 hours

Very strange behavior here. My system clock says 11 pm but sage time says 4 am Monday. However the epg when opend has the proper listings for 11 pm but they are show also as 4 am. Recording is fine since both the time in sage and epg are wrong. How can I fix this. or is this a bug with 6.1.3
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 02-19-2007, 01:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusvball
Very strange behavior here. My system clock says 11 pm but sage time says 4 am Monday. However the epg when opend has the proper listings for 11 pm but they are show also as 4 am. Recording is fine since both the time in sage and epg are wrong. How can I fix this. or is this a bug with 6.1.3
It looks like Sage may be running on zulu time (GMT). Are you running windows vista? What java version? There was some issues with vista betas running java programs on zulu time instead of local time. Newer Java builds fixed the problem.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patilan
Why isn't the context menu transparent anymore? I'm getting some ugly solid-blue buttons there.
Which context menu?

Are you using overlay or VMR9?
Old 02-19-2007, 01:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Which context menu?

Are you using overlay or VMR9?
Hi Nielm,

I am using overlay mode, and the 3D acceleration is disabled. The display video on menus is "if active", and the video menu style is "background". When a video is playing, and you right-click on the screen, a menu pops up. The buttons on this menu are no longer transparent as they used to be. The rest of the menus seem ok, except for the detailed setup menu, which also has some solid-color buttons now.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:52 AM
Administrator

Overlay doesn't do true transparent menus over the video. Previously, the non-highlighted buttons were indicated via drawn shapes (actually, just an outline w/a standard color background), which could be dithered to make them appear as if they were pseudo-transparent on top of the video. The non-highlighted buttons are now indicated using an image, which cannot be shown transparently on top of the video overlay. They are semi-transparent when using VMR9.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Overlay doesn't do true transparent menus over the video. Previously, the non-highlighted buttons were indicated via drawn shapes (actually, just an outline w/a standard color background), which could be dithered to make them appear as if they were pseudo-transparent on top of the video. The non-highlighted buttons are now indicated using an image, which cannot be shown transparently on top of the video overlay. They are semi-transparent when using VMR9.

- Andy
Thanks for the explaination Andy. The bad thing for me though is that weird things happen to my computer when I try using VMR9, so I kind of have to use overlay. The transparency was really nice before, and it still is, everywhere else except for that context menu. I don't see why we need these solid-color images there.

Apart for that inconvenience, v6.1.3 is nice and stable.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by archcommus
I disagree! I think the old logo was getting dated and the new one is fresh and nicer.
The new logo looks just like BP's.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:52 AM
SageTVaholic

I upgraded my server and two clients last night. One client, the one that has had lots of rendering trouble, had that trouble return again.

Specifically, it doesn't seem to want to render transport streams. Also, I'm pretty sure it BSOD'ed when I was out of the room, because I came back to see the Windows login prompt inexplicably.

I'm going to try my usual tricks to get the transport streams to render. I've found that in the past, unregistering stvmcspmpeg.ax on this machine. Hopefully that will work again, here, too.

It seems my previous trouble with the transcoder (hanging its own process and/or hanging SageTV's process) is no longer (though I'm a little suspicious about the apparent BSOD).
Old 02-19-2007, 07:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
It looks like Sage may be running on zulu time (GMT). Are you running windows vista? What java version? There was some issues with vista betas running java programs on zulu time instead of local time. Newer Java builds fixed the problem.

Not running vista.

Java 1.4.6.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 02-19-2007, 09:37 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsbst

Also, I'm pretty sure it BSOD'ed when I was out of the room, because I came back to see the Windows login prompt inexplicably.
I had a BSOD (seperate post). I have XP set to *not* restart, so I got the error name. This was with a .ts file. It plays fine on 6.0.19.

P
Old 02-19-2007, 09:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Installed the beta last night, and it lets me use both tuners on my Hauppauge 1600 card, which is outstanding. I recorded simultaneously on both tuners. Thanks!

But, um, one question: Anyone know how I can adjust the volume of the video capture on the HD tuner for the 1600? It's really quiet! I tried that Hauppauge Tweeker utility, but it doesn't seem to work on the 1600.

KevPriest
Old 02-19-2007, 10:19 AM
Sage Icon

Installed the beta Saturday, and played with my MVP on HD content a bit yesterday. On standard quality, it looks ok, but plays back perfectly (no skips, stutters, nothing), but on High, pretty much unwatchable. I'm guessing this is the limitation of my 2.8 dual Xeons' ability to transcode in high quality. This was being output to my 26" LCD at the time though, I'm willing to bet on my little 20" regular TV in my bedroom, the HD content will look fine though... Going to try to get a new network cable run up there tonight and see, but it's a most definite improvement over 6.0 in the HD on MVP regards. Now if the HD extender will just come out, so I can replace 2 or 3 noisy PC's, I'll be golden .
Old 02-19-2007, 11:05 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrijay
Does this mean that we can use any QAM capable tuner to watch unencrypted channels? I have an A180 all setup but I am not sure how to scan and view the channels. with QAM256
Does anyone know the answer to this? I have a Fusion 5 RT Lite... would a Sage Server Running Linux allow me to Watch and Record clear QAM from this card?

There is no trial version of Sage for Linux, is there?
Old 02-19-2007, 02:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Music viewed by folder

I have problems with the view music by folder option on my media extender.

The mvp simply freeze a minute or so until it jumps to the re-starting screen

rtengvad
Server: Win7 • SageTV v7.1.9 • GA-MA785GM-US2H • Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 • 2 Gb RAM • 4x 1Tb WD RE-2 GP in RAID5, Adaptec 5405 Raid controller • 2x firewire DVB-C FloppyDTV C/CI, 1x TechnoTrend CT-3650 CI via the LM Smart DVB Recorder plug-in.

Clients: HD300 to a Samsung PS50C7705 (PN50C8000) via a DVDO Edge • HD200 • Placeshifter

Remote: Universal Remote Control MX-980

Last edited by rtengvad; 02-19-2007 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:22 PM
Sage User

Question

Sage TV is excellent software for Media Center and DVB-T, TV application, There are good DVB-S application working in BDA driver and WDM driver, Why is it difficult to have DVB-S, Integrated into SageTV. Is it difficult or not in the scope...Just a question