SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Fastrack
Quote:
Originally Posted by GollyJer View Post
The Nvidia Transport Demux is only used for .ts files. If your using .mpg files a different demux will be used. In fact, from what I now understand, Sage doesn't use the system default demux but instead uses it's own when playing any file. I can't figure out how to prove this though.
That makes sense it was an HD file I was playing, but it was an mpg instead of TS. IT doesn't seem to be causing any stuttering or such, but I just figured I'd point it out as it did not match your screenshot on the first page.
Tuners: HDHomeRun v1, Hauppauge HVR1600
Video: BenQ W5000 1080p, ASUS ATI 6670
Storage (10TB): Seagate 2TB, Hitachi Coolspin 2TB x 4 Data Drives + 2TB x 2 Parity Drives using FlexRaid 2.0 (RAID6 T2+)
SageTV: 7.1.9 Final ?
Old 01-18-2008, 10:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

8600 GTS Drivers

Ron, Swithey, Keenan,

Could you post which Nvidia drivers you are using with your 8600GTS? I just bought one today, and I'd like to have an idea of a couple configs that work before I do a lot of trial and error. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by willieb View Post
Ron, Swithey, Keenan,

Could you post which Nvidia drivers you are using with your 8600GTS? I just bought one today, and I'd like to have an idea of a couple configs that work before I do a lot of trial and error. Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I can't help. I've removed my HTPC from service now that I have the Media Extender, which costs less than I paid for the 8600GTS. Go figure.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Ron, Swithey, Keenan,

I'm not sure what display driver I'm using anymore. If someone can tell me how to find I can let you know. I installed PureVideo, used Radlight to set the Sage video decoder to "do not use" and set the Nvidia decoder to "Preferred". Also using the Sage audio decoder. Everything seems to work fine with that setup. Set for VMR9, FSE(works on or off) and 3d acceleration to on, although I don't think that setting makes any difference with MPEG video.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
I'm not sure what display driver I'm using anymore. If someone can tell me how to find I can let you know.
On my computer, I right click on the desktop and open Nvidia control panel. In the bottom left corner (I think on all panels, but I know in the custom resolution panel) there is a link that says System Information. If I click on this it tells me what drivers it is using.

I have found another problem though, that I think is going to make me return the 8600. On my 56" Samsung, I have overscan of about 15% so that I can't see my taskbar and I lose too much of the picture around the edges. My 7600 GT with the 84.21 drivers allows me to adjust the overscan and it works great. After a lot of research, I have learned that Nvidia broke the overscan adjustments for all 8 series cards about a year ago and doesn't seem too interested in fixing it. I cannot adjust the overscan at all and it is a big problem for me.

Has anyone else figured out a way to fix this? Do you guys just deal with it?
Old 01-20-2008, 12:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for that tip. I'm using 163.71.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:59 AM
Sage Fanatic

This thread has been a great resource to help me get rid of stuttering with VMR9.

Two things have worked for me and I tried everything I found here and in many other threads.

First thing which works is AC3 audio filter, however you get Sage to use it, it will help alot. Second fix was a Nvidia 8600 GTS video card, removed a HD 2600 XT which should have worked fine (Only had problem of stuttering in sage with the HD 2600 XT). The 8600 GTS took a couple tries of different revisions of drivers to get everything working, but it was worth the expense and trouble.

Thanks again for this thread.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

jerryt,

Can you share which drivers you settled on for the 8600 GTS? I went the same route as you with the HD 2600 first and then the 8600 GTS. I will ebay the HD 2600 as soon as I can get my system running smoothly with the 8600. Oh, and one other thing - do you have issues with overscan? I still was never able to get it to the correct resolution. Thanks for your input.

Last edited by willieb; 03-11-2008 at 07:22 AM.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
jerryt,

Can you share which drivers you settled on for the 8600 GTS? I went the same route as you with the HD 2600 first and then the 8600 GTS. I will ebay the HD 2600 as soon as I can get my system running smoothly with the 8600. Oh, and one other thing - do you have issues with overscan? I still was never able to get it to the correct resolution. Thanks for your input.

171.20 beta drivers, never had overscan, running 1920 X 1080.

This was the first driver which played DVB video correctly.