SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Sage User

Not sure if you check the issues area or maybe theres a way to set this up...copying issue from google code:

When you have multiple games set to record back to back the first game
often extends into the second game...because I have 2 tuners it ends up
recording the beginning of the 2nd game on both tuners until the first game
is complete.

It would be great if there was an option to not extend a game if you
already have the next show on the same channel set to record in the EPG.

I love this plugin by the way, by far the most useful I have for sagetv! Thanks for the hard work!
Old 01-22-2009, 10:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhisker View Post
Not sure if you check the issues area or maybe theres a way to set this up...copying issue from google code:

is complete.

I love this plugin by the way, by far the most useful I have for sagetv! Thanks for the hard work!
I saw the issue ticket (and submitting issue tickets is by far my preferred way to submit bugs/feature requests/etc.), just haven't decided if it's something that needs to be changed. Currently, it's working as designed. The idea behind SRE is to ensure that a game is contained completely within a single recording. I can see the reasoning for the request, but haven't decided on its fate. Feel free to try and convince me one way or another.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 01-24-2009, 10:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
I saw the issue ticket (and submitting issue tickets is by far my preferred way to submit bugs/feature requests/etc.), just haven't decided if it's something that needs to be changed. Currently, it's working as designed. The idea behind SRE is to ensure that a game is contained completely within a single recording. I can see the reasoning for the request, but haven't decided on its fate. Feel free to try and convince me one way or another.
I second this one. Right now it's a bit of a pain on Sundays when two games are on back to back.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhisker View Post

is complete.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet View Post
I second this one. Right now it's a bit of a pain on Sundays when two games are on back to back.
Snapshot 195 contains the fix for this issue. For those interested, please grab the snapshot and test it out. I'd like to get some confirmation on it working before I upload v2.1.0 to Google Code as "official". Note that, by default, this option is turned off so you will have to enable it after upgrading SRE. Also note that it will only ignore things if the airing following the event is scheduled to record on the same channel as the first recording.

Last edited by Slugger; 01-24-2009 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Updated snapshot number
Old 01-25-2009, 11:56 AM
SageTVaholic

If you plan on recording and monitoring today's NHL All Star game then please be warned that all versions of SRE up to and including snapshot 195 are unable to monitor the All Star game (but still support monitoring of regular season games). Please upgrade to snapshot 198, which adds proper support for the All Star game.

Finally, my EPG data (I use the SageTV service) lists the game as:

Title: NHL Hockey
Episode: All-Star Game

To monitor the game, you will need to upgrade to snapshot 198, create an override and change the episode info to: "West All Stars at East All Stars" (no quotes).
Old 01-27-2009, 11:15 AM
SageTVaholic

SRE v2.1.0 is now available. This release adds a new feature that allows you to ignore monitoring a recording if the airing following it is also scheduled to record (on the same channel). By default, this setting is turned off and will need to be enabled if you want to use it. This release also contains many fixes to the various ESPN.com based parsers. It is highly recommended that all SRE users upgrade to this version.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
SRE v2.1.0 is now available.
Thanks so much for the update and adding support for the Super Bowl this afternoon. I had noticed that the previous version did not catch it. Thanks again for the great plugin.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:43 PM
SageTVaholic

The way that Nadal-Federer tennis matches go we will need a SRE for tennis (just kidding - I realize that tennis tournaments are far too one-off for an app like this). I dealt with the issue by adding 2 hours of padding (to the scheduled 3 hour show) and I just had enough to catch the end of the match.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
The way that Nadal-Federer tennis matches go we will need a SRE for tennis (just kidding - I realize that tennis tournaments are far too one-off for an app like this). I dealt with the issue by adding 2 hours of padding (to the scheduled 3 hour show) and I just had enough to catch the end of the match.
Nothing is out of scope as long as these minimum requirements can be met:
  • A web page that can be parsed and contains (near) real time information about the event to be monitored exists (even better an RSS feed or some kind of web service that serves up the info in near real time)
  • It can (relatively) easily be determined from said web page when the event is over
  • The event to be monitored contains the same unique information in both the EPG and on the said web page or an easy mapping between the two can be made so that SRE knows what it's looking for to monitor the event when parsing said web page

You find something that meets this criteria and I'm more than willing to add the monitor to SRE. Currently everything is sports related in SRE, but that's not totally required. I always thought it'd be neat if someone found some kind of web site that could, for example, tell us when the live broadcast of the Oscars actually ended. I personally don't watch the Oscars and certainly wouldn't record it so I won't ever be out looking for the online source, etc., but if someone brought it to me and met the above criteria then I'm not against adding non-sports (or fringe sports) events to SRE. NASCAR being one of the fringe sports that comes up periodically - I don't watch it, I don't care for it so I won't be out looking for a place to monitor races, but I've said previously that if someone did their homework I'd have no problems writing the monitor for it.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:54 PM
SageTVaholic

I am somewhat joking as I am not really a tennis fan but watching the matches that these guys play is awesome. If I remember correctly the Wimbledon final actually took something like 11 hours to play as they had several rain delays in the course of the match. Even with lots of padding that would not have worked. The likely problem is that the Grand Slam tennis tournaments are infrequent and you may have to parse a different web site for each tournament, unless a site like ESPN carries everything but then it might change in the couple of months between each Grand Slam tourney
Old 02-04-2009, 12:59 PM
SageTVaholic

For those of you who have bookmarked the old location of snapshot builds, please be advised that effective immediately all snapshot builds have been moved to here.

More details, including details about the launch of continuous integration builds, are available on the project home page.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Sage User

Quote:
SRE v2.1.0 is now available. This release adds a new feature that allows you to ignore monitoring a recording if the airing following it is also scheduled to record (on the same channel). By default, this setting is turned off and will need to be enabled if you want to use it. This release also contains many fixes to the various ESPN.com based parsers. It is highly recommended that all SRE users upgrade to this version.
Thanks so much for this, it seems to be working perfectly for me...I have only tested with NBA games but it has worked properly on a few different days on at least 3 different channels with no issues. Thanks so much this addon is now absolutely perfect for me!
Old 02-15-2009, 06:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Attention NASCAR fans...

I realize it's a little late for the Daytona 500, but I happened to stumble upon a web page on ESPN.com today while surfing that provides real time race data for NASCAR. So I created snapshot build 272, which contains a NASCAR racing monitor.

The initial version of this monitor only supports the 'Sprint Cup' series races, but there is a possibility to add support for the following additional series:
  • 'Nationwide Series'
  • 'Camping World Truck Series'

I'll await some feedback from users to see if these series are worth adding to the monitor. I would really like some people to test this out as I do not watch NASCAR in any form so my testing of this monitor will be limited. I did test it against today's Daytona 500 and the monitor properly determined when the race was over so it's looking good. Please upgrade to the snapshot if you want NASCAR support and report back your results.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:37 PM
SageTVaholic

SRE v2.1.1 is now available. Details are available at the project home page. Release announcement copied from project home page...

Official v2.1.1 Builds Released

09 Mar 2009: The official v2.1.1 release of SRE is now posted for download. This release fixes numerous bugs, adds support for NASCAR monitoring, and improves on the quality of the various ESPN.com monitors.

* Add support for monitoring of NHL All Star game
* Properly identify teams/schools that do not have bio links on ESPN.com scoreboard
* Other fixes to various ESPN.com monitors (be more accurate when finding teams for game data)
* Auto detect Miami (FL) and Miami (OH) on NCAA scoreboards
* Various fixes for NCAA monitors (be more accurate when finding schools for game data)
* Issue 53 : Add support for monitoring NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races
* Build separate package that forces all traffic to secured (SSL) port
* Rewrite event monitor tester to query remote API for game data to test against
* Other internal enhancements (support for CI build model, etc.)

NOTE: Both downloads contain the exact same application code. The only difference between them is that the ssl zip file will force all GUI traffic to the secured (SSL) port on your Jetty installation. Since SRE requests an id/pwd on each GUI session, it is recommended that the connection be secured. If you do not have Jetty configured for SSL access then do not use the ssl package as SRE will not work properly. The non-SSL zip package will also work over the secured port, but does not force the connection away from the non-SSL port.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Attention NCAA hoops fans...

Please note that to monitor games from the various NCAA hoops post season tournaments (NCAAs, NIT, CBI) you will need to upgrade to snapshot 358 or later. ESPN.com has changed the location id for the post season scoreboards so older versions of SRE are not going to be able to find the game data. Please be sure to update before Thursday if you plan on monitoring recordings of the NCAA tournament.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Snapshot 379 contains an important bug fix that would prevent proper monitoring of games with team names that include characters special to URLs (namely '&'). This bug would have prevented proper monitoring of today's game involving Texas A&M. Snapshot 379 fixes the issue.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Snapshot 379 contains an important bug fix that would prevent proper monitoring of games with team names that include characters special to URLs (namely '&'). This bug would have prevented proper monitoring of today's game involving Texas A&M. Snapshot 379 fixes the issue.
I also encountered the following condition that prevented monitor of the NCAA game today:

2009-03-19 16:58:01 Unable to find status for UT-Chattanooga vs. Connecticut2009-03-19 16:58:01 College Basketball --> Invalid monitor; parser may be obsolete

Let me know if there is any additional information I can provide. I am running 2.1.2.358
Old 03-19-2009, 03:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet View Post
I also encountered the following condition that prevented monitor of the NCAA game today:

2009-03-19 16:58:01 Unable to find status for UT-Chattanooga vs. Connecticut2009-03-19 16:58:01 College Basketball --> Invalid monitor; parser may be obsolete

Let me know if there is any additional information I can provide. I am running 2.1.2.358
NCAA is kind of a PITA to monitor... the problem here is that your EPG is listing the game as:

Code:
UT-Chattanooga vs. Connecticut
But, ESPN.com has the game on its scoreboard as:

Code:
Chattanooga vs. Connecticut
Therefore, you'd have to create an override for the game. I do my best to make as many auto substitutions as possible, but there are just too many to do them all. For example, ESPN.com will use "N. Carolina" for North Carolina and SRE automatically looks for that (SRE also does subs for East, West, North, South, Southern, Western, Eastern, etc.), but there are just too many to keep up with. Most games are found, but at this time of the year some will require a manual override. Games that need overrides should be italicized in the SRE overrides grid. When that happens, go to ESPN.com, find the game on the scoreboard and create an override that matches the school names as listed on ESPN.com.

I did test, and SRE was able to properly find the game data using the "Chattanooga vs. Connecticut" override. Judging by the final score, you didn't miss much (assuming you're a UConn fan) and now you know what to look for come Saturday's game.

Hopefully that made sense... GO ORANGE!
Old 03-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Sage Expert

The current version can be found at: http://sagetv-addons.googlecode.com
(SRE is Sage Recording Extender. SJQ is Sage Job Queue, two different add-ons)
Old 03-28-2009, 11:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Official v2.1.2 Builds Released

28 Mar 2009: The official v2.1.2 release of SRE is now posted for download. This release fixes numerous bugs and also adds support for NCAA Women's Basketball monitoring. All users of SRE are encouraged to upgrade to this new version.
  • Enable NCAA Women's Basketball monitor
  • Add support for multi-paged scoreboards from ESPN.com
  • Fix various synchronization issues in the servlet code
  • Upgrade JDBC driver to latest version available
  • Remove unnecessary synchronization in DataStore class; fix sync issues in SageRecordingExtender class

Access downloads from the project website.