SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99 View Post
I haven't loaded this yet, but come football season this will come in handy for me.

I was thinking that a good enhancement would be a default end padding in case something went wrong with ESPN's site, like an outtage or like their formatting change that you mentioned. In my case I would want something like an hour or so default padding, just to be sure that if the game goes into OT, and ESPN's site is not working, I will still get the entire game.
Added this to the todo list. Check for this feature in the next release of SRE.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Sage Fanatic

Problems getting this installed..

Just downloaded the latest version.. unzipped it into the SageTV folder and added the line to the properties file for the webserver as instructed.. but I can't seem to get any web page to be visible.. is there a step I'm missing?

Normally I'd access my site by http://sagetv.mysite.com:8081/sage/Home... if I try http://sagetv.mysite.com:8081/sage/SRE I get page not found..

Thanks!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2007, 04:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
Just downloaded the latest version.. unzipped it into the SageTV folder and added the line to the properties file for the webserver as instructed.. but I can't seem to get any web page to be visible.. is there a step I'm missing?

Normally I'd access my site by http://sagetv.mysite.com:8081/sage/Home... if I try http://sagetv.mysite.com:8081/sage/SRE I get page not found..

Thanks!!!!!!!
Did you restart the web server after editing the properties file? Basically you need to restart the Sage process where the web server is running.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:12 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Did you restart the web server after editing the properties file? Basically you need to restart the Sage process where the web server is running.
I had the sageTV service stopped while I made the addition.. then started it after I had finished..
Old 06-20-2007, 09:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
I had the sageTV service stopped while I made the addition.. then started it after I had finished..
The SRE jar file needs to be installed in the JARs folder on the same machine as the web server is running. If you run the web server on a client then you must also install SRE on the same client, though you don't have to run it from the client if you're running it from the SageTV server process. Are you getting a 404 error from the web server plugin or an error about not being able to find the servlet class?
Old 06-21-2007, 09:15 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
The SRE jar file needs to be installed in the JARs folder on the same machine as the web server is running. If you run the web server on a client then you must also install SRE on the same client, though you don't have to run it from the client if you're running it from the SageTV server process. Are you getting a 404 error from the web server plugin or an error about not being able to find the servlet class?
I installed the JAR files onto the SAGETV server.. which is also the webserver.. so everything is in the program files/sagetv/sagetv directory...

I get a 404 error from the web server plugin when trying to get to he SRE page..
Old 07-22-2007, 07:47 AM
Sage Icon

CBS "Eye-lert"

I just saw this posted online and thought it may be something you may want to investigate.

It seems that CBS is going to offer an email, and/or text message service to notify you of sports overruns and also when the normal schedule will start.

It may give you another way to learn about sports overruns and how they effect the schedule for CBS games.

Who knows, other networks may do something similar in the future. Most people now have the ability to have multiple Email addresses with their ISP's so you might designate a specific Email address for these type of alerts.

CBS Eye-lert

I will admit that as of yet I haven't looked at SRE other than reading about it here, but with football season fast approaching it's a very interesting tool that would help with Sage scheduling. I will certainly have to investigate it more thoroughly very soon.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Thumbs up Plugin: Sage Recording Extender (SRE) v1.3.0 Now Available

SRE v1.3.0 is now available.

Major highlights of this release include:
  • Support for monitoring NFL football
  • Support for monitoring NCAA football (Div I-A and I-AA only)
  • Support for a default padding for all monitored events
  • Minor bug fixes/code cleanup/performance issues addressed

Notes:
  • Preseason NFL games will not be monitored via SRE. That is, games with a program title of "NFL Preseason Football" will not be monitored. Trust me when I say I have a reason for this. If you want the full explanation then I suppose I could write it out.
  • Though I've tested the parsers for both the NFL and NCAA and they both work as of today, ESPN.com has a tendency to change the format of their scoreboards prior to a season kicking off. Therefore, a 1.3.1 release may be necessary to address such an issue on opening weekend for both the NCAA and NFL.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Diginerd Send a message via Yahoo to Diginerd
Any chance of some NASCAR support? Pretty please?

I know English tech heads should not be watching NASCAR, but I got hooked..
Old 08-15-2007, 01:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diginerd View Post
Any chance of some NASCAR support? Pretty please?

I know English tech heads should not be watching NASCAR, but I got hooked..
You find me a valid, near real time status page for Nascar races and I'll see what I can do. Two requirements:

* The status page must uniquely identify the race that is being monitored
* The identifying mark on the status page must match the subtitle of the race in the EPG listing (or there must be an obvious way to map them).

You do that homework and I'm pretty sure I can whip up a monitor to add to SRE.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

SRE problem

Maybe I'm doing something wrong here but I copied all files while preserver the folder structure stopped my sage Server and modified sage.properties by adding the following line

slugger.sagetv.sre.SageRecordingExtender

re-started the Sage service and get the folliwing message when I try to access the web page.
SRE Not Installed

"The SRE module is not installed or is not configured to run. Install and enable SRE then try reloading this page."

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrament055 View Post
Maybe I'm doing something wrong here but I copied all files while preserver the folder structure stopped my sage Server and modified sage.properties by adding the following line

slugger.sagetv.sre.SageRecordingExtender

re-started the Sage service and get the folliwing message when I try to access the web page.
SRE Not Installed

"The SRE module is not installed or is not configured to run. Install and enable SRE then try reloading this page."

Thanks in advance.
When you say, "... stopped my sage server and modified sage.properties by adding the following line...", you mean you added slugger.sagetv.sre.SageRecordingExtender to the end of the load_at_startup_runnable_classes line, right? If not, then that's what you need to do. If so, ensure the jar file is in the JARs folder under C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\

Finally, if everything above is correct, then enable logging and restart SageTV. The debug file that is generated should tell you why SRE isn't starting.

Let me know if you're still having problems.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
When you say, "... stopped my sage server and modified sage.properties by adding the following line...", you mean you added slugger.sagetv.sre.SageRecordingExtender to the end of the load_at_startup_runnable_classes line, right? If not, then that's what you need to do. If so, ensure the jar file is in the JARs folder under C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\

Finally, if everything above is correct, then enable logging and restart SageTV. The debug file that is generated should tell you why SRE isn't starting.

Let me know if you're still having problems.
Yes I verified the path and added the line to my sage.properties file.

The following files are now listed in my sage.properties file after having experimented with adding "load_at_startup_runnable_classes=slugger.sagetv.sre.SageRecordingExtender"
then removing the beginning portion and setting it back to only the line you mentioned needed to be added.

slugger.sagetv.sre.SageRecordingExtender=
slugger/SRELastScan=1187659020038
slugger/SREOnOff=true
slugger/SRESleepTime=300000
slugger/SRETestMode=false
slugger/SREVersion=1.3.0

By the way, when I tried it with the "load_at_startup..." the web server wouldn't work anymore so I knew I had to change it back.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sage.zip (46.8 KB, 443 views)
Old 08-21-2007, 07:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes I verified the path and added the line to my sage.properties file.

The following files are now listed in my sage.properties file after having experimented with adding "load_at_startup_runnable_classes=slugger.sagetv.sre.SageRecordingExtender"
then removing the beginning portion and setting it back to only the line you mentioned needed to be added.

slugger.sagetv.sre.SageRecordingExtender=
slugger/SRELastScan=1187659020038
slugger/SREOnOff=true
slugger/SRESleepTime=300000
slugger/SRETestMode=false
slugger/SREVersion=1.3.0

By the way, when I tried it with the "load_at_startup..." the web server wouldn't work anymore so I knew I had to change it back.
You need to append the SRE class to the end of your load_at_startup_runnable_classes line. The jar file is definitely in the class path and the existence of the SRE server properties shows you've successfully started SRE at least once. Therefore, just change the load_at_startup_runnable_classes line from this:

Code:
load_at_startup_runnable_classes=net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer
To this:

Code:
load_at_startup_runnable_classes=net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer;slugger.sagetv.sre.SageRecordingExtender
That should do it (ensure to stop SageTV before editing the .properties file). You can also lose the "slugger.sagetv.sre.SageRecordingExtender=" line, it's not doing anything.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Code:
load_at_startup_runnable_classes=net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer
To this:

Code:
load_at_startup_runnable_classes=net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer;slugger.sagetv.sre.SageRecordingExtender
That should do it (ensure to stop SageTV before editing the .properties file). You can also lose the "slugger.sagetv.sre.SageRecordingExtender=" line, it's not doing anything.
Thanks for your help, I'll give it a try when I get home from work tonight!
Old 08-21-2007, 07:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Thanks for your help, I'll give it a try when I get home from work tonight!
That did the trick THANKS!
Old 08-21-2007, 11:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Smile

Quote:
The first beta version of Sage Recording Extender is now available for download.

Sage Recording Extender (SRE) will monitor certain types of recordings (live sports) and extend (or shorten) the recordings based on the real time status of the event being recorded. More details available from the download page.

Feedback welcomed.
Here's some feedback! If you're running this in service mode you should load the module in the sage.properties file! Other than that slightly confusing part of the directions, this WORKS incredible!
Also, you should include the snippet of code to add a link to the sage web front end, it took me a few minutes to get it perfect.

By the way, did I tell you how great this is? I hated recording baseball games and either having too much slack at one end of the file or missing the extra innings.

I almost cried a tear when I remotely setup a recording today for Little League baseball and this service worked perfectly!
Thanks again for all your hard work!
Shawn
Old 08-22-2007, 09:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shield View Post
Here's some feedback! If you're running this in service mode you should load the module in the sage.properties file! Other than that slightly confusing part of the directions, this WORKS incredible!
Also, you should include the snippet of code to add a link to the sage web front end, it took me a few minutes to get it perfect.

By the way, did I tell you how great this is? I hated recording baseball games and either having too much slack at one end of the file or missing the extra innings.

I almost cried a tear when I remotely setup a recording today for Little League baseball and this service worked perfectly!
Thanks again for all your hard work!
Shawn
I appreciate the positive feedback, but if you were indeed recording Little League and not MLB then SRE didn't monitor the game for you. SRE is only capable of monitoring MLB, NHL, NFL, NBA and NCAAF (at this time). I'm glad you got the entire game on your recording, but in this particular case SRE didn't assist. I only mention this because I don't want someone else to try and record a Little League game and wonder why SRE didn't properly monitor it.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well, let's chalk this up to two things - the web monitor showed the little league baseball as Monitor state "Valid" (at least I'm pretty sure it did) and the game must've just ended at it's normal scheduled time.
What should I set the default padding to, do you think?
Shawn
Old 08-22-2007, 10:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shield View Post
Well, let's chalk this up to two things - the web monitor showed the little league baseball as Monitor state "Valid" (at least I'm pretty sure it did) and the game must've just ended at it's normal scheduled time.
What should I set the default padding to, do you think?
Shawn
The monitor state table you get from the web servlet is more for me than anything else while I develop/debug. I guess in the next release I'll either remove that state table or make the output more clear.

An event that is not being monitored is considered to have a "valid" monitor (i.e. no monitor is a valid monitor). If a recording is not MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL or NCAAF then it will not have a monitor attached to it and that is valid. If you load the SRE page while recording a show like "Family Guy", you'll notice it, too, has a "valid" monitor. Again, no monitor is a valid monitor in that output table.

As to the default padding, I guess 60 minutes would be a reasonable number. The idea behind this setting is to pad your live recording in the case where SRE can't create a valid monitor for the event. This case would occur if your Internet connection were down the entire time the game was recording or the scoreboard page was unavailable during the recording time or the parser for the scoreboard happen to become obsolete during the recording, etc. Though the padding is applied by SRE at the start of a recording, it is ignored as long as SRE can successfully monitor the event and if the event ends before the padding then SRE will go ahead and stop the recording. I suppose you could just go ahead and put it to its max setting of 120 minutes since SRE ignores the padding as long as it's able to monitor the event and in the case where it needs to use the padding, you'll probably want to pad as much as possible. To date, I've never had a need to use the padding, though that's not to say it would never be needed.