SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 05-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawn View Post
Too bad: I really don't want to lose the network space on my clients, but I can't see any way to force only tthe HD tuner to save locally.

Look at this line, mmc/encoders/xxxxx/forced_video_storage_path_prefix= that corresponds to your HD tuner. YOu can specific a specifc drive (or drives) for the HD tuner to save to. I don't know the exact syntax for it, check the manual, or do a search.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
Look at this line, mmc/encoders/xxxxx/forced_video_storage_path_prefix= that corresponds to your HD tuner. YOu can specific a specifc drive (or drives) for the HD tuner to save to. I don't know the exact syntax for it, check the manual, or do a search.
Awesome, I was just trying to figure out how to swap drives around.

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Administrator

If you need more info for the forced_video_storage_path_prefix property, see this post and another link a couple posts after that one.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks, figured it out yesterday. Works like a champ.

HD recording is now working like a champ, with the small caveat that a couple of channels won't tune due to low signal (I guess 81% isn't enough for the HVR1600) and also I don't get guide data for at least two channels (both Canadian), even though the data is definitely being transmitted over the air, since I get show data on the TV's tuner.

Question: when setting up an HD OTA source, which way are most people setting up guide data? Not at all and just depending on the OTA signal for data, or setting up the local digital broadcast guide data?

All-in-all, pretty slick.

Thanks again to everyone for the helpful pointers.

KJ
Old 05-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

The OTA guide data is almost useless. Only the next two or three hours are sent and you have to tune the station to get it.

Quote:
Thanks, figured it out yesterday. Works like a champ.

HD recording is now working like a champ, with the small caveat that a couple of channels won't tune due to low signal (I guess 81% isn't enough for the HVR1600) and also I don't get guide data for at least two channels (both Canadian), even though the data is definitely being transmitted over the air, since I get show data on the TV's tuner.

Question: when setting up an HD OTA source, which way are most people setting up guide data? Not at all and just depending on the OTA signal for data, or setting up the local digital broadcast guide data?

All-in-all, pretty slick.

Thanks again to everyone for the helpful pointers.

KJ
Old 05-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I guess 81% isn't enough for the HVR1600) and also I don't get guide data for at least two channels (both Canadian)
KJ
In Toronto I get Citytv HD, CBC HD, CFTO HD, Suntv HD reliably. I have a channel master 4221A antenna but it is indoors. Sometimes on clear days I get 2 additional stations from Buffalo.

As for the EPG I have 3 lineups to get it to work the way I want. But this is common as others threads have posted this as annoying.

Clients: HP dm1(E350), HD-100