SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 11:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccourtney View Post
I did install Java 6 Update 11 on my WHS server. In addition I renamed the jre directory under the SageTV directory so that SageTV service itself used U11. This was required for SageMC to run correctly for placeshifters. I also used the nt service version of the SJQC.
That's strange as I have not explicitly installed Java on my WH server and I am able to run SageMC on HD-200s and Placeshifter without any issues although I am not 100% sure that I have always been using SageMC with Placeshifter as I have been using PS more for stuff like scheduling recordings.

I guess it makes sense to use the service version of SJQC but first I just want to get it up and running.

I just don't want to screw anything up like installing a new version of Java and have it cause other problems with Sage.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfessor101 View Post
Hello,
I was curious what where acceptable values for the clearserverlogs and clearcompletedtasklogs setting.

SJQ has been running for me quite smoothly ... but the database seems to grow quickly on my system (about 1200 recordings and three tasks).
In two weeks with the default settings (clearing logs weekly) I'm at 48.5MB for the database.

I was curious if there was an option for 3 days? or do the possible values follow the time multipliers for clearing the logs?

Thanks for your time,
Bobby
This happens because SJQ logs everything your batch file does what I did to get around a large SJQ db was in my batch file log to a temp file. See example below. My SJQ DB is only 1,527 KB and I have been using SJQ since the start.

cd c:\comskip
c:
start /b /w /low comskip.exe "%~f1">"%~f1.log" 2>&1
del "%~f1.log"

Last edited by nyplayer; 02-02-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Sage Fanatic

Sage.properties: Changes Do Not Persist?

Trying to install SRE.

Installed Jetty.

Stopped SageTV server.

Edited Sage.properites, appending to "load_at..." so it looks like this:
Code:
load_at_startup_runnable_classes=net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer;sagex.jetty.starter.Main
Started SageTV server.

Found that Sage.properties had reverted to this:
Code:
load_at_startup_runnable_classes=net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer
Went through that exercise 3 times just tb sure.
Also edited Sage.properties.autobackup just on GPs. Same result.

Can anybody elucidate?
Storage: NetGear Ultra-6 NAS 10 TB total w/dual redundancy. Plus 5tb QNAP for RecordedTV.
Capture: 3 Silicon Dust HomeRun tuner boxes (6 tuners total)
Program Source: OTA antenna
Old 02-02-2009, 08:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteCress View Post
Trying to install SRE.

Installed Jetty.

Stopped SageTV server.

Edited Sage.properites, appending to "load_at..." so it looks like this:
Code:
load_at_startup_runnable_classes=net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer;sagex.jetty.starter.Main
Started SageTV server.

Found that Sage.properties had reverted to this:
Code:
load_at_startup_runnable_classes=net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer
Went through that exercise 3 times just tb sure.
Also edited Sage.properties.autobackup just on GPs. Same result.

Can anybody elucidate?
Typically that's a symptom of SageTV not being stopped before editing the properties file. Are you running SageTV in service mode? If so, you must stop the service and not just the GUI before modifying the properties file.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 02-02-2009, 08:30 PM
SageTVaholic

I installed snapshot 221 and for a first shot I didn't try changing the filename - I just saved the output do a different directory and it worked great. Thanks Derek - that is fantastic service adding new features in < 24 hours.

One question - what is the syntax for renaming the file using the new subtitle variable? Would it be this:
:TRANSCODEOPTS "MPEG4-Good Quality Deinterlaced AVI" "true" "\\\\server\\videos\\Kids' Shows\\Thomas\\"%s%".avi"

Or am I missing an operator to concatenate the subtitle variable onto the string?

By the way - thanks for the warning regarding shows with no subtitle. I will have to handle this in my rules as some of the shows that I record and transcode, particularly The Wiggles, often do not have subtitle names. Damn Wiggles!

Can I nest If statements in SJQ or will I have to set up two separate rules - one for shows with subtitles and one for shows without? I will have to set up a separate rule for each specific show anyhow since the folders are different, and that is hard coded in a string.

Last edited by wayner; 02-02-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I installed snapshot 221 and for a first shot I didn't try changing the filename - I just saved the output do a different directory and it worked great. Thanks Derek - that is fantastic service adding new features in < 24 hours.

One question - what is the syntax for renaming the file using the new subtitle variable? Would it be this:
:TRANSCODEOPTS "MPEG4-Good Quality Deinterlaced AVI" "true" "\\\\server\\videos\\Kids' Shows\\Thomas\\"%s%".avi"

Or am I missing an operator to concatenate the subtitle variable onto the string?

By the way - thanks for the warning regarding shows with no subtitle. I will have to handle this in my rules as some of the shows that I record and transcode, particularly The Wiggles, often do not have subtitle names. Damn Wiggles!

Can I nest If statements in SJQ or will I have to set up two separate rules - one for shows with subtitles and one for shows without? I will have to set up a separate rule for each specific show anyhow since the folders are different, and that is hard coded in a string.
No nesting of statements, you will need a separate rule for shows with and without subtitles.

Everything is right in your options string, except do not quote the media variable (since it's already quoted by the outer double quotes). So use:

Code:
:TRANSCODEOPTS "MPEG4-Good Quality Deinterlaced AVI" "true" "\\\\server\\videos\\Kids' Shows\\Thomas\\%s%.avi"
I did not test the media variable expansion in the transcode options string. Should work (the change was relatively straightforward in the code), but I didn't actually test it so please let me know how it goes.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
I did not test the media variable expansion in the transcode options string. Should work (the change was relatively straightforward in the code), but I didn't actually test it so please let me know how it goes.
It works flawlessly - I was able to transcode ThomasFriends-Respect-3592877-0.mpg to Respect.avi in my target folder without any problems. Once again thanks.

By the way - would you like some help writing the docs? I can start writing up a HowTo from the sake of a pure beginner of SJQ as the existing docs contain lots of info but don't really go into details about why you need both a server and client and what runs on each, etc.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:08 PM
Sage Icon

Thats awesome, killer work Slugger. I can see this being very popular for people who have mobile devices as it makes syncing them PERFECT.

I too will help with the docs, I know it's the boring teadious part but I wanna to my part. Aside from being the advertising fanboy. Of course I can't spell or type and grammer and punctuation is hit&miss but thats what Wikis are all about.

One thing I think needs to happen is ditch this thread and start a new one with the next release. Reason being the first several pages are completely outdated and unrealated to whats going on now. Maybe a "SJQ v2.* support thread" or whatever as I am sure newbie's get confused and tired wading through it. That and v2.0 is really a totally different beast altogether.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It works flawlessly - I was able to transcode ThomasFriends-Respect-3592877-0.mpg to Respect.avi in my target folder without any problems. Once again thanks.

By the way - would you like some help writing the docs? I can start writing up a HowTo from the sake of a pure beginner of SJQ as the existing docs contain lots of info but don't really go into details about why you need both a server and client and what runs on each, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinR View Post
Thats awesome, killer work Slugger. I can see this being very popular for people who have mobile devices as it makes syncing them PERFECT.

I too will help with the docs, I know it's the boring teadious part but I wanna to my part. Aside from being the advertising fanboy. Of course I can't spell or type and grammer and punctuation is hit&miss but thats what Wikis are all about.

One thing I think needs to happen is ditch this thread and start a new one with the next release. Reason being the first several pages are completely outdated and unrealated to whats going on now. Maybe a "SJQ v2.* support thread" or whatever as I am sure newbie's get confused and tired wading through it. That and v2.0 is really a totally different beast altogether.
Docs written by someone other than the person writing the code is always beneficial (and, admittedly, it also means I'm not writing them).

Seriously, though, a fresh perspective definitely would do some good as far as documenting SJQ so if you're willing then I'm all for it. Since I'm so familiar with the inner workings of this, it's definitely hard to write concise, useful documentation for prospective users.

With the wave of activity just over the last week I get the feeling that this plugin is starting to pick up a little steam after nearly two years since the first beta was released. I was thinking it'd be great to move this thread to the Google Group I created awhile back. Using GG means each discussion gets its own dedicated thread and is much easier to follow when you're looking for info on a specific issue. If the GG idea doesn't take off then I'd probably agree that a fresh thread on these boards would be useful.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:19 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Docs written by someone other than the person writing the code is always beneficial (and, admittedly, it also means I'm not writing them).

Seriously, though, a fresh perspective definitely would do some good as far as documenting SJQ so if you're willing then I'm all for it. Since I'm so familiar with the inner workings of this, it's definitely hard to write concise, useful documentation for prospective users.

With the wave of activity just over the last week I get the feeling that this plugin is starting to pick up a little steam after nearly two years since the first beta was released. I was thinking it'd be great to move this thread to the Google Group I created awhile back. Using GG means each discussion gets its own dedicated thread and is much easier to follow when you're looking for info on a specific issue. If the GG idea doesn't take off then I'd probably agree that a fresh thread on these boards would be useful.
I can do some documenting as well if you need more help.

Also, is there any information on the "settings" menu specifically regarding the run type and run delay?
Old 02-03-2009, 10:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
I can do some documenting as well if you need more help.

Also, is there any information on the "settings" menu specifically regarding the run type and run delay?
Here and here.

The more people documenting, the better.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:41 AM
SageTVaholic

What is the correct syntax to use in clients to run external programs like Comskip or Handbrake? I see people posting code like this:
Code:
"C:/comskip/comskip.exe \"%c%\""
Why do you need the backslashes and double quote before and after the %c% media variable? I don't see this explained in the wiki.

On all of the PCs on my LAN I have the T drive mapped to the TVshows directory on my server and the Z drive mapped to my videos folder. Do I still need to use MAPDIR?

I think I have a process that is hung as I didn't specify a MAXRUN or MAXRUNRATIO and SageTVService is using 55% of my CPU after 13 hours. How do I fix this - restart the Sage service?
Old 02-03-2009, 01:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
What is the correct syntax to use in clients to run external programs like Comskip or Handbrake? I see people posting code like this:
Code:
"C:/comskip/comskip.exe \"%c%\""
Why do you need the backslashes and double quote before and after the %c% media variable? I don't see this explained in the wiki.
The need for backslashes is explained here (see 'Syntax Overview' section).

The need for double quoting media variables is explained here (see 'Double Quote Your Media Variables' section).

Quote:
On all of the PCs on my LAN I have the T drive mapped to the TVshows directory on my server and the Z drive mapped to my videos folder. Do I still need to use MAPDIR?
Yes. The SJQ server will send the client path names as read from wiz.bin. If those path names are not the same on client PCs then you must remap them with MAPDIR or else the task client will not be able to find the files it is to work on.

Quote:
I think I have a process that is hung as I didn't specify a MAXRUN or MAXRUNRATIO and SageTVService is using 55% of my CPU after 13 hours. How do I fix this - restart the Sage service?
Yes, try restarting the SageTV service. However, if the service is causing a spike in the CPU usage and it's being caused by SJQ then it's more likely a parser issue (one of the parsers is stuck in an infinite loop) so if you can reproduce that, it would be good so that I can squash parser bugs (as I'm sure they exist).
Old 02-03-2009, 01:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes. The SJQ server will send the client path names as read from wiz.bin. If those path names are not the same on client PCs then you must remap them with MAPDIR or else the task client will not be able to find the files it is to work on.
So I would be okay if I use UNC paths, correct? The problem is that Sage for WHS by default uses \\localhost\TVshows or something like that. I should have changed it at startup to \\servername\TVshows.

I think I can still do that as it is essentially the same as moving shows from one Recorded TV folder to another without actually phyiscally moving the files. Now I just have to remember how to do that (I think it involves changing a setting in sage.prop for something lile advanced_file_recovery)!
Old 02-03-2009, 01:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So I would be okay if I use UNC paths, correct? The problem is that Sage for WHS by default uses \\localhost\TVshows or something like that. I should have changed it at startup to \\servername\TVshows.

I think I can still do that as it is essentially the same as moving shows from one Recorded TV folder to another without actually phyiscally moving the files. Now I just have to remember how to do that (I think it involves changing a setting in sage.prop for something lile advanced_file_recovery)!
UNC paths should be fine and shouldn't require the use of MAPDIR (assuming you replace localhost with the hostname on the WHS server).
Old 02-04-2009, 12:58 PM
SageTVaholic

For those of you who have bookmarked the old location of snapshot builds, please be advised that effective immediately all snapshot builds have been moved to here.

More details, including details about the launch of continuous integration builds, are available on the project home page.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:44 AM
Sage Fanatic

Summary view for Data

I was wondering, would you be able to implement a summary view or a quick view for all the jobs?

It would be nice if I could click on the "Data" field and see a summary of say the last 12 hours or so with that lists what is active/failed/completed.

It seems that you might have left this open as you can click on the "data" field but it doesn't do anything.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
I was wondering, would you be able to implement a summary view or a quick view for all the jobs?

It would be nice if I could click on the "Data" field and see a summary of say the last 12 hours or so with that lists what is active/failed/completed.

It seems that you might have left this open as you can click on the "data" field but it doesn't do anything.
Please open an issue ticket and describe what it is you're looking for in more detail. Do you want active/completed/failed all on one screen? Not sure I see the benefit in that, but open the ticket with the details and we'll see what happens.

The reason clicking the data button does nothing is because that's the way that widget works, there was no intent for future changes to the button (preferably, I'd rather that the submenu also popped up when you clicked the button).
Old 02-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Sage Fanatic

Submitted.

It's a minor thing and really a convenience/speed thing for me.

If you don't implement it, no biggie.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Sage Fanatic

Also, I had a job stuck in queue yesterday.

It was a comskip job and when i checked the logs it was at 53%. An hour later it was still at 53%.

I restarted the computer to clear sage and SJQ and checked on the file and it was finished processing but the job was still in SJQ as processing.

I cleared it and all was well.

Where would i start to troubleshoot this? I don't think this is on the comskip side but I could be wrong.
Closed Thread