SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 08:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Send me your sjq.sqlite file via PM. Everything looks syntactically correct to me so I'll need your file to debug.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 03-03-2009, 06:15 AM
Sage Icon

Hi -

In general, I think that I have SJQ setup and running. It's processing MPEGs for comskip, for example. (Thanks, Slugger)

However, I can't seem to get it to lauch videoredo to cut out the commercial segments once I've detected them.

Here's what's going on:

I run this:
Code:
if [IsTV == "true" && IsActivelyRecording == "false" && FileExists == "%d%\\%p%.vprj" && (Title =* "Colbert" || Title =* "Jon Stewart" || Title =* "Jay Leno")  ]
{
:PRIORITY 6
 COMCUT
:PRIORITY 4
 MP4SQUEEZE
}
which launches a COMCUT:
Code:
COMCUT
{
   :CPU NORMAL
   :MAX 1
   :MAXRUNRATIO 0.75
   "c:\\sjqc\\comcut.bat \"%c%\""
}
Which starts a batch file
Code:
REM call commercial cutter
call c:\windows\system32\cscript //nologo "C:\Program Files\VideoReDoTVSuite\vp.vbs" %~dp1%~n1.vprj %~dp1%~n1_clean.mpg /t1 /na /q
the problem is that the videoredo command doesn't seem to be working:

Code:
Tue Mar 03 01:20:50 EST 2009: Starting task with priority 5/1/10
Executing command line: c:\sjqc\comcut.bat "S:\tv\TheColbertReport-9678849-0.mpg"
C:\Program Files\VideoReDoTVSuite\vp.vbs(45, 2) WScript.CreateObject: Could not create object named "VideoReDo.VideoReDoSilent".
However, if I run that command from a DOS prompt, it works fine:

Code:
call c:\windows\system32\cscript //nologo "C:\Program Files\VideoReDoTVSuite\vp.vbs" S:\tv\TheColbertReport-9678849-0.VPrj S:\tv\TheColbertReport-
9678849-0_clean.mpg /t1 /na /q
   Output complete to: S:\tv\TheColbertReport-9678849-0_clean.mpg
I've also wrapped this in a separate batch file, which I've launched from the command line, and it executes correctly.

I've googled for this Videoredo error code, and the only things I can find are related to running the program at least once as an administrator in Vista. I'm running as an admin in XP.

Any thoughts on getting this to launch correctly? are others running videoredo successfully?

thanks
Matt

Last edited by matt91; 03-03-2009 at 06:25 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hey Matt,

I have written a Kixtart script that uses the VideoRedo COM interface to run Ad Detective and write an EDL and the project file. This turned out to be more of a programming exercise since I use Comskip for commercial detection.

While it doesn't actually do the commercial cutting and write the new mpg, I suspect that you could write the appropriate COM calls to do so (VideRedo COM interface is documented here).

Here is the Kixtart script:

Code:
;
; Run VideoRedo AdDective in silent mode and write the .Vprj file and .edl file
;
; Input parameters $P1 - the fully qualified path name of the .mpg file
;
; The output .Vprj and .edl files will be written to the same directory
;

$CL = GetCommandLine(1)
$P1 = $CL[2]
$QuietMode = 1
$Completed = 10
if $QuietMode = 1
  $VRDSilent = CreateObject("VideoReDo.VideoRedoSilent")
  $VRD = $VRDSilent.VRDInterface
else
  $VRD = CreateObject("VideoReDo.Application")
endif

; Open the file to scan

if LEN($P1) > 0
  if EXIST($P1) 
    $RC = $VRD.FileOpen($P1)
    if @ERROR = 0
      $RC = $VRD.StartAdScan(0,1,0)
      if @ERROR = 0
        $IsScanning = -1
        While $IsScanning = -1
          Sleep 5
          $IsScanning = $VRD.IsScanInProgress()
        Loop
        $CutCount = $VRD.GetCutSceneListCount()
        $EDL_String = ""
        For $I = 1 to $CutCount
          $CutStart = $VRD.GetCutSceneListData($I, 0)
          $CutEnd = $VRD.GetCutSceneListData($I, 1)
          $EDL_String = $EDL_String + FormatNumber(CDBL($CutStart)/1000, 3, 0, 0, 0)
          $EDL_String = $EDL_String + " " + FormatNumber(CDBL($CutEnd)/1000, 3, 0, 0, 0) + " 0" + Chr(13) + Chr(10)
        Next
        $LEN = LEN($P1)
        $EDLFile = Left($P1, $LEN - 4) + ".edl"
        $FileHandle = 1
        $RC = Open($FileHandle, $EDLFile, 5)
        $RC = Writeline($Filehandle, $EDL_String)
        $RC = Close($Filehandle)
        $VPRJFile = LEFT($P1, $LEN - 4) + ".Vprj"
        $RC = $VRD.WriteProjectFile($VPRJFile)
        if @ERROR = 0
          $Completed = 1
        else
          $Completed = 4
        endif
      else
        $Completed = 3
      endif
    else
      $Completed = 2
    endif
  else
    $Completed = 6
  endif
else
  $Completed = 5
endif

; Release VideoRedo

$Object = 0

exit $Completed
Hope this helps!

Tom
Old 03-03-2009, 10:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Matt,

Instead of running videoredo with call change your batch file to use start silimilar to below I am using Videoredo with SJQ and have no problem.

Code:
START /B /W /MIN cscript.exe //nologo "C:\Program Files\VideoReDoTVSuite\vp.vbs" "%~d1%~p1%~n1.vprj" "%~dp1%~n1_clean.mpg" /t1 /d /q
Old 03-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Instead of running videoredo with call change your batch file to use start silimilar to below I am using Videoredo with SJQ and have no problem.

Code:
START /B /W /MIN cscript.exe //nologo "C:\Program Files\VideoReDoTVSuite\vp.vbs" "%~d1%~p1%~n1.vprj" "%~dp1%~n1_clean.mpg" /t1 /d /q
Great, thanks. I'll try it tonight.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Sage Icon

bleh....

Still doesn't work, even after subbing "Call" for "Start".

Code:
Tue Mar 03 20:20:47 EST 2009: Starting task with priority 5/1/10
Executing command line: c:\sjqc\comcut.bat "R:\tv\GoDiegoGo-DiegosMoonlightRescue-8612016-0.mpg"
C:\Program Files\VideoReDoTVSuite\vp.vbs(45, 2) WScript.CreateObject: Could not create object named "VideoReDo.VideoReDoSilent".
If I run that exact line on a new command line, it works fine.

Any other thoughts? I imagine that it's an extra space or quote or something that's tripping it up. I'll keep playing around with it, but I appreciate any other suggestions.
Is there any way to launch this video redo line directly from SJQ, rather than from a bat file?

Thinking out loud...is there any different permissions that are utilized when I execute a command versus when SJQ does it?
Old 03-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Matt,

would you mind posting what you're running?
Old 03-03-2009, 07:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post
Thinking out loud...is there any different permissions that are utilized when I execute a command versus when SJQ does it?
SJQ runs as the same user that SageTV is running as, which, if running the service, would most likely be the default "Local System" user.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

How does SJQ find your media folders? I have this issue where if i enter in a file location - V:\Shows\NUMB3RS-CoverMe-3648025-0.mpg into the media debugger it gets processed fine.

However when I run the queueloader I get nothing. it doesnt find any files to process

my rule is
// Comskip on MPEG
if [IsViewingMedia == "false" && IsTV == "true" && FileExists == "%d%\\%p%.mpg" && FileExists != "%d%\\%p%.edl" && IsActivelyRecording == "false" && IsScheduledRecording == "true"] {
:PRIORITY 100
COMSKIPMPEG
}

but I think tha is fine as it does fire off comskip if I load the file in media debugger.

I am running latest version - 2.1.2.300. the logs look okay other then the fact that new files dont get added. I noticed if I pull up the settings tab the settings i set from last time get blanked out and the save button is grey. I am talking about the page that says

Max time queloader will sleep etc... are those settings coded in a config file somewhere? Is there something I am missing as to why SJQ will not find my media folders?

SJQClient

SJQ v2.1.2.300
Old 03-04-2009, 08:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post
would you mind posting what you're running?
Code:
CommCut {
:CPU NORMAL
:MAX 1
  "S:\\mysagelocal\\SJQCommCut.bat \"%c%\""
}
SJQCommCut.bat
Code:
IF EXIST "%~d1%~p1%~n1.DoneCut" exit
IF NOT EXIST "%~d1%~p1%~n1.mpg" IF NOT EXIST "%~d1%~p1%~n1.ts" exit
IF NOT EXIST "%~d1%~p1%~n1.vprj" exit 1
IF EXIST "%~d1%~p1%~n1.working" exit 1

dir "%~f1">>"%~d1%~p1%~n1.working"

set usetouch=yes
set touchpath=\\janedserver\SageEncode\mplayer\

set videoredo_path=c:\program files\videoredoPlus\

set priority=low

set delOriginal=yes

rem "set delOriginal above to yes or no.... yes will delete original mpg and replace with encoded file."
rem "if set to no will encode file to tmpEncode directory but will not delete original...."

rem ........Do Not Touch Below................................................
set extension=%~x1
del "%~d1%~p1%~n1.cut%extension%"
if NOT exist %videoredo_path%vp.vbs goto :errorvrd
if /I "%usetouch%" EQU "yes" if Not exist "%touchpath%touch.exe" goto errtouch
if Not exist "%~f1" exit

Title Encoding %1
start /normal \\janedserver\SageEncode\VRpriority.vbs
START /B /W /MIN /%priority% cscript.exe //nologo "%videoredo_path%vp.vbs" "%~d1%~p1%~n1.vprj" "%~d1%~p1%~n1.cut%extension%" /t1 /d /q
if NOT ERRORLEVEL 0 goto bad
if /I "%usetouch%" EQU "yes" if exist "%~d1%~p1%~n1.cut%extension%" "%touchpath%touch.exe" -r "%~d1%~p1%~n1%extension%" "%~d1%~p1%~n1.cut%extension%"
if /I "%usetouch%" EQU "yes" if errorlevel = 1 goto :errtouch
if exist "%~d1%~p1%~n1.cut%extension%" dir "%~f1">>"%~d1%~p1%~n1.donecut" 
if /I "%delOriginal%" EQU "yes" if exist "%~d1%~p1%~n1.cut%extension%" del "%~f1"
if /I "%delOriginal%" EQU "yes" if not exist "%~f1" del "%~d1%~p1%~n1.edl"
if /I "%delOriginal%" EQU "yes" if not exist "%~f1" del "%~d1%~p1%~n1.vprj"
if /I "%delOriginal%" EQU "yes" if exist "%~f1" move "%~d1%~p1%~n1.cut%extension%" "%~d1%~p1%~n1.inusecut%extension%"
if /I "%delOriginal%" EQU "yes" if not exist "%~f1" move "%~d1%~p1%~n1.cut%extension%" "%~d1%~p1%~n1%extension%"

del "%~d1%~p1%~n1.working"
:end
exit
:errorvrd
echo "Videoredo not found in %videoredo_path%" >>"%~d1%~p1%~n1.error"
exit 1
:errtouch
echo "Error Touch.exe not found in %touchpath%" >>"%~d1%~p1%~n1.error"
exit 1
:bad
del "%~d1%~p1%~n1.cut%extension%"
del "%~d1%~p1%~n1.donecut"
del "%~d1%~p1%~n1.working"
exit 1

Last edited by nyplayer; 03-04-2009 at 08:54 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Is it possible to use the _TRANSCODE task to just move my file to a different folder? This would allow me to archive TV shows into Folders without requiring a Compression. I don't necessarily mind compressing my MPEG-2 files to avi but HD-PVR files don't seem to work reliably in the Sage Transcoder.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Is it possible to use the _TRANSCODE task to just move my file to a different folder? This would allow me to archive TV shows into Folders without requiring a Compression. I don't necessarily mind compressing my MPEG-2 files to avi but HD-PVR files don't seem to work reliably in the Sage Transcoder.
Think I saw another thread last night talking about being able to add a transcoder profile that just copies... can't seem to find it though. You basically have to trick the transcoder into just copying the file instead of transcoding it to some other format.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am almost up and running. I have run some tests and my server and client rules are working.. I can insert files into the media debugger and it hits the queue however when I run queue loader it doesnt find any files.

I have a ticket open and was told it was because my sjq settings arent initializing properly. that makes sense as if I play around with the settings from the settings tab they dont get stored.. If I play around with that page and then go back to it later it looses the settings.

Anyone know where are those settings stored?

the ones such as:
*Maxiumum time QueueLoader will sleep between runs (in minutes):
*The QueueLoader thread should run
*Amount of time the QueueLoader will delay before each run (in seconds):
Old 03-04-2009, 07:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by personalt View Post
I am almost up and running. I have run some tests and my server and client rules are working.. I can insert files into the media debugger and it hits the queue however when I run queue loader it doesnt find any files.

I have a ticket open and was told it was because my sjq settings arent initializing properly. that makes sense as if I play around with the settings from the settings tab they dont get stored.. If I play around with that page and then go back to it later it looses the settings.

Anyone know where are those settings stored?

the ones such as:
*Maxiumum time QueueLoader will sleep between runs (in minutes):
*The QueueLoader thread should run
*Amount of time the QueueLoader will delay before each run (in seconds):
All those settings are stored in the sjq.sqlite db file. You could manually add the settings necessary to fix the problem using the SQLite CLP interface, but hopefully snapshot 319 (now available at Google Code) fixes you up.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Works like a champ now... I saw some old messages about running comskip from a batch file in orderly to get it to properly report a pass or a fail.

Is that still needed?
Old 03-04-2009, 08:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Works like a champ now... I saw some old messages about running comskip from a batch file in orderly to get it to properly report a pass or a fail.

Is that still needed?
No, v2.1.1 and above has a new client config option called RETURNCODE, see the ClientConfigSyntax wiki doc for the details on how to use it.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Need help. I'm trying out SJQ for the first time. But one thing does just not seem right. I cannot, whatever I try, get QueueLoader to react with option "After end of each scheduled recording". If I change to "On an interval" with, lets say 10min, just to debug. No problem. Things show up. It's like SJQ is never triggered at the end of a recording. I can force an update, but that sort of misses the point I've just used a simple ruleset with only [IsWatched == "false"] to eliminate as much as possible.

What obvious stuff am I missing here? Where to look?

Do "After end of each..." only apply to Favourites or something? Not a manual recording?

BTW. Have tried 2.1.1.236, now upgraded to 2.1.2.328
SageTV 7.1.9 (headless/service) JavaRE 1.6.0_37 2x FloppyDTV C/CI (DVB-C) (fw: 1.2.10 B43110) (CAM: Conax) Win7 x64 Intel E3-1245V2 3.4GHz 16GB PC3-10600 ECC ASUS P8C WS (Intel C216) APC Back-UPS RS 800 STP-HD300 Extender (fw: beta 20110506 0) - HDMI/SPDIF - Yamaha RX-V2700 - HDMI - Sony KDL-52X2000
Old 03-07-2009, 07:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is there a way to get it to reprocess failed files? I had it running comskip before I got the donators version so all my H264 files failed.

I deleted the .edl files and re-ran SJQ in debug mode.

I am getting this message back when I run SJQ.
Checking if media object '3884912' has been processed by action type 'COMSKIPH264'
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM recordings WHERE id = 3884912 AND type = 'COMSKIPH264'

Skipping: COMSKIPH264::3884912::100::CREATED, already been processed
Anyway to tell it to start totally over? Even if I have to have it rescan my mpeg files that would be okay.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by voidpt View Post
Need help. I'm trying out SJQ for the first time. But one thing does just not seem right. I cannot, whatever I try, get QueueLoader to react with option "After end of each scheduled recording". If I change to "On an interval" with, lets say 10min, just to debug. No problem. Things show up. It's like SJQ is never triggered at the end of a recording. I can force an update, but that sort of misses the point I've just used a simple ruleset with only [IsWatched == "false"] to eliminate as much as possible.

What obvious stuff am I missing here? Where to look?

Do "After end of each..." only apply to Favourites or something? Not a manual recording?

BTW. Have tried 2.1.1.236, now upgraded to 2.1.2.328
Under the QueueLoader menu it tells you when it last ran and when it's scheduled to run next. Set it to run after each recording, manually run it, wait 2-3 minutes then look at the that menu again. What time is it telling you it'll run next? I've never had any problems with the trigger code for the QueueLoader so I'd be surprised if it's not running for some reason (though I'm not silly enough to say it's impossible).
Old 03-07-2009, 09:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Is there a way to get it to reprocess failed files? I had it running comskip before I got the donators version so all my H264 files failed.

I deleted the .edl files and re-ran SJQ in debug mode.

I am getting this message back when I run SJQ.
Checking if media object '3884912' has been processed by action type 'COMSKIPH264'
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM recordings WHERE id = 3884912 AND type = 'COMSKIPH264'

Skipping: COMSKIPH264::3884912::100::CREATED, already been processed
Anyway to tell it to start totally over? Even if I have to have it rescan my mpeg files that would be okay.
Go to Data > Failed Tasks, click on the task and remove it from the list. Alternatively, if you want SJQ to always auto requeue failed tasks then go to the Settings and tell SJQ to ignore failed tasks.
Closed Thread