SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 06:47 AM
Sage Icon

This link should do however I think the webserver seems down.
http://sagetv.battams.ca/?d=sjq

The basics to get it running are:

Have Niel's webserver installed.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8426

Download and install this:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=183

This should get the basics going, now login to the webserver and under the SageTV menu you will find a new item "SJQ" click that and you are off to configuring it. The install is really simple the rules may throw you a little but my install was eventless.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by antplugger View Post
Could anyone please put the install instructions in this thread ?

Thanks
Sorry about that, the published URL for the docs, etc. pointed to my personal web server, which recently fell victim to, well, death.

I'm in the process of moving all the docs into the SourceForge web servers. Not quite there yet. In the meantime, I've copied the existing docs to a temp location on SF. They're available here:

http://sage-sjq.sourceforge.net/old_docs/?d=sjq

The best bet is to grab the Windows installer (if you're on WinXP or below) and use that to install SJQ. If you're also using the web server plugin then install the servlet as well and use the servlet to setup SJQ. More advanced setups are discussed in the docs above.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks a bunch
Old 09-18-2008, 08:31 AM
Sage Icon

Some screencaps from the web interface, these should get your basics covered.

Comskip
http://www.lowvoltageonline.com/Medi...comskip-sd.jpg

Transcode
http://www.lowvoltageonline.com/Medi...ompress-sd.jpg

Feel free to give me input so I can improve them if you see something you think can be done better.

Last edited by Opus4; 09-18-2008 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Images are too wide to be posted inline; made them links instead
Old 09-18-2008, 09:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Slugger,

I have 2 requests if possible.

1. Is it possible to setup a command to "Archive" a recording as you do with _transcode...also unarchive

2. 1. Is it possible to setup a command to "set manual status" on a recording as you do with _transcode... also remove manual status?
Old 09-18-2008, 09:18 AM
Sage Icon

I had one too! day of the week, the time works great but I might stop compression jobs earlier on Fri and Sat night for better morning use.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Slugger,

I have 2 requests if possible.

1. Is it possible to setup a command to "Archive" a recording as you do with _transcode...also unarchive

2. 1. Is it possible to setup a command to "set manual status" on a recording as you do with _transcode... also remove manual status?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinR View Post
I had one too! day of the week, the time works great but I might stop compression jobs earlier on Fri and Sat night for better morning use.
All very good ideas. Please add them to the (new) project tracker here:

http://sagetv-addons.googlecode.com

I'm going to start working on the next release of SJQ in the next few weeks so if you add these to the issue tracker then I don't see any problems getting them all into the next release. If you can, please remember to add the Plugin-SJQ tag to the issues as you open them.

FYI: Don't bother looking for the SJQ source code at the Google Code site yet as I haven't moved the SJQ source into the project yet, but that's where it's heading so that's why I'm asking for the issues to be opened in that project tracker.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Sage Fanatic

Does this log file deletions when using the file management feature?

I'd like to see what files it actually deleted...
Jim
Old 09-19-2008, 10:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuszkie View Post
Does this log file deletions when using the file management feature?

I'd like to see what files it actually deleted...
Jim
Yes, it does. Look at the bottom of the output for a run, it's the last thing SJQ does, if it determines it's time to do it (it does it once a day).
Old 09-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Sage Fanatic

I hit the delete now button and didn't see any record... It also was in the middle of a job as well..

Jim
Old 09-19-2008, 12:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

Another question...

I'm trying not to grab my kids shows so I have a rule that says
If "Category" "does not contain" "Children"

But it's processing Blues clues which has the category
"Children/Educational"

Am I missing something here?

Jim
Old 09-19-2008, 12:54 PM
Sage Icon

Is not like
and
Children|Children/Educational

I also omit entire channels too, that makes it easy as well.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I hit the delete now button and didn't see any record... It also was in the middle of a job as well..

Jim
When you trigger the delete from the servlet, you have to modify the log filters to include the servlet messages. Then load the servlet log messages. If you still aren't seeing the messages there then it could be due to a bug in logging servlet messages - a known issue. The deletes triggered by the daily timer are logged into the plugin logs and they do show up daily. If you look through all of the runs still available in the logs you'll see that one of them has the daily deletion results (assuming you've enabled the auto delete feature).
Old 09-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

My intrepretation is that "Children/Educational" conatains "Children" so it should work. Its not "equal" which is one of the choices as well.. I would guess that it looks for the substring "Children" in the catagory..

Jim
Old 09-19-2008, 01:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Another question...

I'm trying not to grab my kids shows so I have a rule that says
If "Category" "does not contain" "Children"

But it's processing Blues clues which has the category
"Children/Educational"

Am I missing something here?

Jim
This is a bug with the test, if you don't mind can you open an issue ticket here:

Old 09-19-2008, 01:26 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
When you trigger the delete from the servlet, you have to modify the log filters to include the servlet messages. Then load the servlet log messages. If you still aren't seeing the messages there then it could be due to a bug in logging servlet messages - a known issue. The deletes triggered by the daily timer are logged into the plugin logs and they do show up daily. If you look through all of the runs still available in the logs you'll see that one of them has the daily deletion results (assuming you've enabled the auto delete feature).
I'll try that.. but when I clicked on the servelet log..
Code:
Reading ruleset from 'C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\rules.sjq'
	Unable to find rulset file, assuming empty file...
was all I got.. If I clicked datastore or Debug and filtered.. it nerver returned data and kinda hung the browser.. And I had to restart Sage.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
This is a bug with the test, if you don't mind can you open an issue ticket here:

done
Old 09-19-2008, 01:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'll try that.. but when I clicked on the servelet log..
If I clicked datastore or Debug and filtered.. it nerver returned data and kinda hung the browser.. And I had to restart Sage.
Either you're using a version of SJQ older than 1.4.0 or you're telling SJQ to process all media types and your media library is massive in quantity (see config settings) or if you've told SJQ 1.4.0 or above to only scan tv files then you're tv library consists of a very, very large number of entries. Any one of those will cause the symptoms you describe above.

At the very least, please ensure you're running v1.5.0 - a memory leak existed in the JDBC driver being used in the v1.4.0 and earlier releases that you should really fix (probably not related to this issue, but still can cause a headache if hit).
Old 09-19-2008, 01:47 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Either you're using a version of SJQ older than 1.4.0 or you're telling SJQ to process all media types and your media library is massive in quantity (see config settings) or if you've told SJQ 1.4.0 or above to only scan tv files then you're tv library consists of a very, very large number of entries. Any one of those will cause the symptoms you describe above.

At the very least, please ensure you're running v1.5.0 - a memory leak existed in the JDBC driver being used in the v1.4.0 and earlier releases that you should really fix (probably not related to this issue, but still can cause a headache if hit).
I am running 1.5.0 It's where I started.. I only have TV checked and have about ~450 files.. and it *seems* like the sage process' memory usage creeps up every time SJQ wakes up.. I started Sage yesterday and today befor I killed it it was about 380M. After restarting it was about 170M now it's at 179M... Right now it's processing some comskip jobs so i have to wait till that's done before I can experiment..

EDIt: I can see if I keep reopening log files.. The process grows by about 500k each time.. FYI....
Jim

Last edited by jbuszkie; 09-19-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:18 AM
Sage Fanatic

Hi Slugger, just wanted to say congratulations on another great plugin!

I have a bug to report, and a couple feature requests as well.

Running Version 2.0, no previous versions ever installed.

Bug: If you leave "When to run:" set to "Constant interval" you get the error "Errors were encountered during the update
*Delay must be an integer greater than zero!"
Workaround: Pick one of the other 2 options and set the Delay to something other than zero and update. After that you can switch back to "Constant interval" without the error.

Feature requests:
1. Add configurable job priorities.
2. Add option to create empty .edl files for skipped commflag jobs - this will allow someone to compress all .mpgd but only after the show has been commflagged even when the show was not actually commflagged.
3. Add configurable option to run multiple copies of a process.
4. Add configurable option to check CPU before running and/or to only run if CPU is X% or less.
5. Add option to only run if target drive is inactive.
Closed Thread