SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-16-2010, 06:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy99 View Post
Cool. been out the loop for a while. I'll need to look at BMT.

Edit: BMT - wow! Great job. If only I knew Java. If there is any way I can assist, let me know. Just let me know what format my output needs to be in or how these tools can mesh.
Java is a pretty simple language... if you are programmer... you can learn java fairly quickly.

If you were do this in java, then it would be better integrated into bmt, and work across multiple platforms.

If you do want to learn java, and you would like to contribute a tv.com provider, then let me know, and I can help you get started... but don't feel you need to... I already have a TVDB provider, which works well... but you can never have too many providers
Old 10-27-2010, 09:08 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Java is a pretty simple language... if you are programmer... you can learn java fairly quickly.

If you were do this in java, then it would be better integrated into bmt, and work across multiple platforms.

If you do want to learn java, and you would like to contribute a tv.com provider, then let me know, and I can help you get started... but don't feel you need to... I already have a TVDB provider, which works well... but you can never have too many providers
Thanks. I think you have it covered. I'm also wondering about legal issues when tvdb exists it seems silly to scrape from TV.com while we have such a great open community sharing to the tvdb. I would learn Java eventually, but not merely for this project since as you point out, the tvdb and your BMT has it covered.