SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Narflex said: ...since we need to be ready for the HD extender in a couple weeks. (there's a small delay in production, so we're behind the prior announcement of Mid-November, but we're still on track for early December public availability in enough time for Christmas)

Did everybody that is expecting mid November see this in the beta thread?

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 11-09-2007 at 08:02 AM.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:21 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
Narflex said: ...since we need to be ready for the HD extender in a couple weeks. (there's a small delay in production, so we're behind the prior announcement of Mid-November, but we're still on track for early December public availability in enough time for Christmas)

Yeah saw it. This goes back to my earlier post... honesty is a good thing to keep us posted of status... silence is not. Keep up the great communication Sage!
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 11-09-2007, 08:24 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:

Bob, Thanks for posting this here.

Jeff, Thanks for the update. It is so much better hearing the progress report than hearing nothing. Thanks.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:35 AM
Sage Icon

So does the name "SageTV STX-HD100 Media Extender" tell us anything more about which OEM product this might be?

I googled STX-HD100 but didn't get anything.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:38 AM
Sage User

What is the STX-HD100 Media Extender

Well Since we do not get the extender until december; can we have at least some Pictures of the device; I tried a search on STX-HD100 and came back with nothing relevant.
Best
Polux
Old 11-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post
So does the name "SageTV STX-HD100 Media Extender" tell us anything more about which OEM product this might be?

I googled STX-HD100 but didn't get anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poluxproject View Post
I tried a search on STX-HD100 and came back with nothing relevant.
... that's because it is SageTV's product, not a repurposed existing product like using the MVP as the current SD extender. (And, no, I can't say more about it.)

Although, I did get 1 Google hit on it just now.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Question

@Opus4

I would like one thing answered if possible. Your strategy concerning 110V vs 220V and so on. Don't care if it is internal/external power supply, but will your solution/hardware give us 'foreign' 220V customers a chance from the start, or will there be a <x> month/year delay to wait for 'international' version ?

Sorry if this has been answered before. But the history of HD Extender threads/posts are starting to gather mythical proportions, so haven't read them all
Old 11-09-2007, 09:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
... that's because it is SageTV's product, not a repurposed existing product like using the MVP as the current SD extender. (And, no, I can't say more about it.)

Although, I did get 1 Google hit on it just now.

- Andy
That one hit might be my blog. I posted a "sage beta release" announcement with a highlight of the HD Extender support. I'd LOVE to get a photo of the device though. That would spread the excitement across the internet faster than a California Wildfire

I'm a Beyond TV user at the moment, but I love HTPC's and am quite interested in the work going on around here. Sage seems to be improving faster then any of the competition.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by voidpt View Post
@Opus4

I would like one thing answered if possible. Your strategy concerning 110V vs 220V and so on. Don't care if it is internal/external power supply, but will your solution/hardware give us 'foreign' 220V customers a chance from the start, or will there be a <x> month/year delay to wait for 'international' version ?

Sorry if this has been answered before. But the history of HD Extender threads/posts are starting to gather mythical proportions, so haven't read them all
The HD extender will be 110/220V capable.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thumbs up

@Narflex

Whoopiii Thanks for the quick and painless death of that hypotethical scenario.

Now to just wait for Christmas to start early
Old 11-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

No California wildfire jokes please.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Sage Icon

Has a price been set for this yet?
Wanted to start justifying it to my wife in time for the Holidays...
Old 11-09-2007, 02:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

There is way too much drama going on here. I wish narflex would just post the detailed specs (like what chipset is being used, all the ins and outs, form factor, etc...) for the new extender here and maybe a photo or two. If it's going to be available soon, I don't think the feature set is still being worked on, so I why not tell us what exactly it is and what it can do? It's not like someone will not buy it later if you disclosed the specs earlier.

If the feature set IS still being worked on, well, then there are different issues to worry about.

Thanks,
Mike
Client 3: Media MVP to 15" Toshiba LCD
Client 4: HD100 connected to Samsung 23" 720P LCD
Client 5: HD100 connected to Vizio VX37L
Old 11-09-2007, 02:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
There is way too much drama going on here. I wish narflex would just post the detailed specs (like what chipset is being used, all the ins and outs, form factor, etc...) for the new extender here and maybe a photo or two. If it's going to be available soon, I don't think the feature set is still being worked on, so I why not tell us what exactly it is and what it can do? It's not like someone will not buy it later if you disclosed the specs earlier.

If the feature set IS still being worked on, well, then there are different issues to worry about.

Thanks,
Mike
Don't let it bug you too much, i'm sure the secrecy is much more for buisness reasons than for technical ones.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

At least I can take some comfort that the boys at Sage had a hand in designing the specs for the extender so they can build it right and will have intimate knowledge of how it works. This gives me a little more hope that it will have native output!
Old 11-09-2007, 02:35 PM
Sage Fanatic

I just want to know what color it's going to be. It I have to buy all new components to match, I need to know!
Old 11-09-2007, 02:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoboy View Post
At least I can take some comfort that the boys at Sage had a hand in designing the specs for the extender so they can build it right and will have intimate knowledge of how it works. This gives me a little more hope that it will have native output!
Could that be what this feature is for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
Media Extender Updates
5. Added support for native output resolution switching. It's disabled by default.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:52 PM
Sage User

h.264 recommended specs

I would love to get an idea of what the recommendations are going to be for h.264 encoded files - I have about 10TB of MPEG2 video I'd love to get encoding so I have to chance to get it done yet this year...
Old 11-09-2007, 08:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Could that be what this feature is for?
Whoa, awesome. I guess I shoud read the beta thread. I'm all in on that Onkyo 875 receiver now.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:54 AM
Sage Icon

Question

Would this extender allow you to make greater use of custom UI's and plugins like a Client PC? Such as Dynamic Menus, Comskip, SageMC, etc.? Or what customizations could you not do?