SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Administrator

The channel.exe program is not being used correctly -- you should run channel.exe with the -? parameter to see the list of parameters & their meanings.

If you are using a device ID instead of a device number, for example, you need to use the -n parameter.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Sage User

got it working. yay!
used the following:
Code:
channel.exe -f -v -n 6df6b1feff5a1e00 %channel%
thanks for all your help.
on to the next step.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Sage User

on to my next problem. i was able to get graphedit working and record a test file. now i'm trying to get the tuner set up in sagetv. it seems to be stuck on the preview video loading screen (see image).

one guess is that this is related to the reason i'm not able to watch video in vlc. although, it's possible i have something else set up wrong. any ideas? i'm following these instructions and only have 1 tuner.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverD View Post
I've had the Motorola DCT3616 hooked up to the tv in my living room for 3 years.

I decided to get one for my bedroom as well. So last Friday I went to my local service center and was given a DCH3200. It looked brand-spanking new so I figured that it would work fine...wrong.
I took it home, hooked it up and called to get a signal sent through it. I got all the regular cable channels and a few of the HD channels. Some channels...such as ESPNHD (even though I get ESPN2HD), TNTHD, TBSHD, FoodNetworkHD, the Encore channels, etc. won't work. They come up with a white screen overlaying the channel with a message that says:

"In order to start cable service for this device, please contact your cable provider
###-###-####"

Then it give me my CableCARD ID and other information for the box underneath it.

Eventually, the box will go away and I will get a black screen with a blue box that says "Not Authorized". I don't understand why I would get this when I get these same channels on my box downstairs.

I called Comcast, and got an appointment with a technician. He gave me a refurbished Motorola DCT3616 (just like the one I have downstairs), it was really banged up, but it didn't have the problems that the Motorola DHC3200 had.

Then about 2 days later, I start getting a bunch of pixels all over my screen, with sound and audio cutting out, as well as sound going from soft to loud at various times. So today I took back the box and was given another Motorola DHC3200 (which is what I started with) and I'm getting the same problems on the same channels.

I called Comcast and they told me that the channels I'm missing are part of a package. If that's true, then why did I have the channels on both of the Motorola DCT3616 boxes? Its obviously something wrong with the newer Motorola DHC3200 boxes.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do? Has anyone had a similar problem?
If this is anything like what we do for the provider where I work, we have to send a hit to pair the M-Card inside the cable box with the cable box. I would recommend contacting Comcast and be sure that the M-Card is paired to the box and verify they have sent the pairing hit.