SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:41 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
. You could probably reassign the buttons on the front panel to act as some other command or no command at all, but the power button will still turn it off.
If you allow to remap the front panel buttons, then you are geniuses. My 2 year old is out of luck Ability to lock the remote control would be too good to be true, but is there may be a way to do it with some kind of extension or plugin (I am totally new to Sage)
Old 12-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is it possible to control the HD-extender via TCP instead of via IR such as can be done through nielm's web server plug-in ?

What about file-based .iso playback ? I assume no and no plans. (And confirmed the equivalent of No on iso playback in another post)
Old 12-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

MCE Keyboard

With Sage on a PC you can use the MCE IR keyboard to type into text areas, such as search. Can the extender handle the keyboard as well?

Ben
Old 12-12-2007, 06:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
Is it possible to control the HD-extender via TCP instead of via IR such as can be done through nielm's web server plug-in ?
As far as I know, that plugin controls the MVP by sending commands through the SageTV server where the extender is connected. That same thing should work, but you ought to discuss this in the topic for that customization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamintm View Post
With Sage on a PC you can use the MCE IR keyboard to type into text areas, such as search. Can the extender handle the keyboard as well?
I added a new FAQ for this, which essentially repeats what the manual says.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Not quite what I was asking for. I understand that you can configure SageTV to accept inputs from an MCE remote (Setup --> Detailed Setup --> Commands --> Remote Config" and choose "MCE Remote"). Can the HD media extender also do this (via it's built in IR receiver) and by extension use the MCE keyboard?

Ben
Old 12-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamintm View Post
Not quite what I was asking for. I understand that you can configure SageTV to accept inputs from an MCE remote (Setup --> Detailed Setup --> Commands --> Remote Config" and choose "MCE Remote"). Can the HD media extender also do this (via it's built in IR receiver) and by extension use the MCE keyboard?
You mean: can you use the IR output from the keyboard to control the HD100? I don't have any idea if the keyboard's IR would be recognized by the HD100's IR receiver, but it wouldn't function as a full keyboard anyway, since you can't assign IR codes to letters & other keys. If the IR were recognized, maybe you could teach it the arrows & number keys, but you could use a remote for that.

What the HD100 has is an IR receiver that can recognize certain types of IR codes & you can assign those codes to the various SageTV commands.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:20 AM
Sage Expert

Is there currently wake-on-lan support for waking up a SageTV server from the extender?

Thanks.

-Peter
Old 12-13-2007, 04:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by peternm22 View Post
Is there currently wake-on-lan support for waking up a SageTV server from the extender?

Thanks.

-Peter
No