SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 11-14-2008, 04:12 AM
Sage Icon

Try to make sure you specify "/d14" in your XMLTVGUI grab, otherwise it may pick up unconfirmed shows a month in the future, and in this case the repeats are sometimes posted first. The importer seems to see this repeat and as it doesn't have a first run date, creates a first run date 1 month before. Then the first run is finalised, appears one week before the repeat, but is after the inferred first run date, so is also marked as a repeat...I think.

Best bet anyway, if they don't have descriptions, is to mark this program as not having episodes in the importer - then it will record all of them and you can delete the ones you don't want...I'm trialling using no repeat markers at all at the moment, waiting to see how it works out.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 11-14-2008, 02:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon View Post
Try to make sure you specify "/d14" in your XMLTVGUI grab
Hi, I can't find that setting in the XMLTV GUI. Is that an option for the other importer?

Thanks!
Old 11-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Sage Icon

No, just put it on a command line, i.e. run it via a bat file:
Code:
"C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI\XmltvGUI.exe" /cdigi /Grab /d14
You only need the /c<name> bit if you have multiple configurations in XMLTVGUI.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Old 11-15-2008, 01:38 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Try to make sure you specify "/d14" in your XMLTVGUI grab, otherwise it may pick up unconfirmed shows a month in the future, and in this case the repeats are sometimes posted first. The importer seems to see this repeat and as it doesn't have a first run date, creates a first run date 1 month before. Then the first run is finalised, appears one week before the repeat, but is after the inferred first run date, so is also marked as a repeat...I think.

Best bet anyway, if they don't have descriptions, is to mark this program as not having episodes in the importer - then it will record all of them and you can delete the ones you don't want...I'm trialling using no repeat markers at all at the moment, waiting to see how it works out.
I must admit the way repeats are worked out is VERY confusing to me.

Is there any way we can just say to Stephane's importer, look, just use the data from the XML file from Digiguide - so if DG say its a repeat it is, otherwise its first run? (or is that asking for more trouble because DG is not accurate?)
Old 11-15-2008, 03:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
No, just put it on a command line, i.e. run it via a bat file:
Code:
"C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI\XmltvGUI.exe" /cdigi /Grab /d14
You only need the /c<name> bit if you have multiple configurations in XMLTVGUI.
Thanks. Actually you can specify command line arguments in StephaneM's importer and save yourself the trouble of writing the bat.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfire View Post
I must admit the way repeats are worked out is VERY confusing to me.

Is there any way we can just say to Stephane's importer, look, just use the data from the XML file from Digiguide - so if DG say its a repeat it is, otherwise its first run? (or is that asking for more trouble because DG is not accurate?)
First run / rerun are calculated from your point of view in Sage, i.e. if you haven't recorded and watched it before then it is a first run. THe options in the importer are just to do with detecting the same show twice. The middle option is generally fine with Digiguide (at least it is for me so far) because they tend to have the correct episode names and season information in there every time (which I think are combined) and they normally keep the same show description.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooferlad View Post
Thanks. Actually you can specify command line arguments in StephaneM's importer and save yourself the trouble of writing the bat.
Not if your Digiguide and extract process are on a different machine to the importer, you can't...
Old 11-15-2008, 05:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I asked this myself. Unfortunately it goes against the basic design of the importer, so can't be done...
Old 11-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooferlad View Post
First run / rerun are calculated from your point of view in Sage, i.e. if you haven't recorded and watched it before then it is a first run. THe options in the importer are just to do with detecting the same show twice.
Some of your assumptions are not borne out by my experience: if something is marked as a Rerun by the importer, and my favourite is marked as First Runs only it will not be recorded whether I have recorded it before or not - I'd need to mark it as first and reruns. Also, the importer does detect the same show reasonably well, but it is also about detecting repeats, and will not always use Repeat flags well - but the way it detects multiple showings of the same ep is far better than any alternative.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Quote:
I asked this myself. Unfortunately it goes against the basic design of the importer, so can't be done...
Actually this is what the Importer is doing: if marked as repeat it will assume the show is a repeat and will either use the date given / found the original air date in history / take a date minus 30 days. If the show is not marked as repeat, the Importer assume it is a first run, unless it can find a previous airing date in its history.

The same is true for first run: if the show is marked as a first run, the Importer assume it is a first run unless it can find a previous airing date in its history.

What's make the strength of the Importer is its history, but it is also its weakness: if any bogus data corrupt the history (for instance wrong ep.numbers), the bogus data will persist.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:38 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
Actually this is what the Importer is doing:
I think you may have misunderstood what Starfire was asking - well, either you have or I have.
I think he was asking for the importer to ignore it's history, not even use a history for FR/RR, and just follow the data.

Also I realise that you say if the importer finds a FR it will assume it is FR unless it finds an airing in the history - I think this is exactly what was being asked, can it *not* do this. I'm not sure that it's a good idea, the history works well for flagging duplicates, but it would stop some of the "false repeats" we see.

I'm still waiting to see how turning off all rerun flagging will work.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:46 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I think you may have misunderstood what Starfire was asking - well, either you have or I have.
I think he was asking for the importer to ignore it's history, not even use a history for FR/RR, and just follow the data.

Also I realise that you say if the importer finds a FR it will assume it is FR unless it finds an airing in the history - I think this is exactly what was being asked, can it *not* do this.
Correct, is there a flag or setting (and if not can you add one?) I can enable for the importer to ignore all its history and just mark every program as a FR unless there is a repeat flag from Digiuide in the data?

ie. to completely rely on Diguide for repeat/FR settings?
Old 11-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Correct, is there a flag or setting (and if not can you add one?) I can enable for the importer to ignore all its history and just mark every program as a FR unless there is a repeat flag from Digiuide in the data?
You wouldn't want to do this (the Importer wasn't using its history for original air date back in 2006 and it was a major improvment). If the Importer wasn't maintaining a coherent history, bad data would update/override good data all the time.

For instance you import 14 days of data, Program A is first run on week 1, and become rerun on week 2 => last input win, Program A will be repeat on week 1 and 2. That's because Program A is unique (and must be) in the programs database.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
For instance you import 14 days of data, Program A is first run on week 1, and become rerun on week 2 => last input win, Program A will be repeat on week 1 and 2. That's because Program A is unique (and must be) in the programs database.
This is obviously where I know nothing about how about Sage works internally

Can't you make all programs continuously unique and then assign repeat or first run as per the Digiguide xml data?

Last edited by starfire; 11-18-2008 at 01:06 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Can't you make all programs continuously unique and then assign repeat or first run as per the Digiguide xml data?
You can do this if you want, this is one of the detection methods you can select "episode title or air date". It will work for episodes without ep.title/numbers. Though, you'll lose all benefits from using the XMLTV Importer in the first place.

You really want to have an EPG where episodes are uniques with multiple airings (repeats) and don't want to have an EPG with no repeats at all (that is where all programs are unique => as a consequence a recording jobs for a series will record every episodes even the ones you already watched before)

I personally don't trust first run/re run indication of the program guide I use to build my XMLTV data (and I don't use them). I better rely on the "watched" status I set within SageTV and the first run / re run indication set by the Importer.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:38 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
You can do this if you want, this is one of the detection methods you can select "episode title or air date". It will work for episodes without ep.title/numbers. Though, you'll lose all benefits from using the XMLTV Importer in the first place.
OK, so if I choose the above detection method then FR/repeat will be set (for shows without ep.title/numbers) based purely on the Digiguide XML data?
Old 11-18-2008, 08:16 AM
Sage Icon

OK, here's a new one: Horizon on BBC1 last week and this week, sub-title to both is "How Mad Are You?", different descriptions. Being the BBC, there is absolutely no meaningful episode numbering - flagship documentary show on the prime BBC channel, why on earth would the data be good?

Anyway, same show title, same sub-title, different descriptions: the importer sees them as the same show, i.e. tonight's is a re-showing of last weeks. Is this expected or does it mean that they also had the same description at some point in the past?

Thanks!
Old 11-18-2008, 10:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
OK, so if I choose the above detection method then FR/repeat will be set (for shows without ep.title/numbers) based purely on the Digiguide XML data?
Yes
Old 11-18-2008, 10:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Anyway, same show title, same sub-title, different descriptions: the importer sees them as the same show, i.e. tonight's is a re-showing of last weeks. Is this expected or does it mean that they also had the same description at some point in the past?
The description is not used when the ep.title / numbers are given.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The description is not used when the ep.title / numbers are given.
You didn't read it all, did you? Can't blame you with the number of questions at the moment. It was no numbers, same title and sub-title and different description. Thanks!