SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortstar View Post
I posted a pretty well explained and concise post, supported by screenshots asking for help with DG2XML which has disappeared...

Basically, my XML file which I am exporting from Digiguide using XMLTV GUI only contains some extra information, namely credits, previously shown, category and subtitles type. But never picks up detail about audio or video (widescreen, high definition, stereo etc.) I have checked I have the latest version of DG2XML.

Any help much appreciated
I have no idea what is wrong with your configuration, but just so you know I get all the above info with DG2XML!

Regards,

Nick.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:27 AM

Birtles gave a very quick response on his XMLTV GUI forum. It is normal behaviour that this informaiton isn't grabbed.

I'm going to try and edit the xmltv parser file to add these details. I'll post with any updates.

Thanks for your replies guys, I think my last post may have been deleted for mentioning a different media software. Apologies if I broke any house rules.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortstar View Post
Thanks for your replies guys, I think my last post may have been deleted for mentioning a different media software. Apologies if I broke any house rules.
I saw your original post mentioned MediaPortal but had not realised that this forum was subject to such zealous moderation that even the mere mention of a competing product would have a post erased without even informing the author.

I do hope that the deletion of mortstar's post was a cock-up or a Vbulletin bug rather than any deliberate act.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Sage User

Guys

I sat down this evening to get DigiGuide Tv listings working with sage and my heart sank. The only info seems to be in a couple of very long threads here where it's a couple of people who know a lot about the stuff chatting about incremental changes.

For example, a few pages back, I came across a revised version of some tool that's apparently crucial to the whole process but I have no idea what it does.

Is there any hope of a step by step guide that might link to the required tools adn is updated as new versions come out? Maybe in the first post of a thread or something sensible like that?

This is a tricky world to break into and not helped when the first think you need to do is read through a 15 page thread when you don't know where the pertinent information lies.

Any help appreciated

Peter
Old 05-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Sage Expert

OK, here's what I did:-

Install Digiguide and make sure you minimise and leave it running at all times, configure your channels as needed

Install DG2XML by Nick W as per
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=222

So, Digiguide gives us the data then DG2XML converts it to XML.

To actually then load this into Sage I use Stephanes importer, you need to install this, configure and then it will load the data into Sage, see

http://www.lmgestion.net/@en-us/4/22...86/article.asp

I got the donator version so it runs automatically every morning and automatically calls DG2XML for you which in turn extracts the data from Digiguide.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfire View Post
OK, here's what I did:-

Install Digiguide and make sure you minimise and leave it running at all times, configure your channels as needed

I actuall start it using started a scheduled task about 10 minutes before I start the extract.
Client3: ABIT IC7, P4 2.4, 512MB RAM, XP Pro.
Client4: ABIT AI7, Celeron 2.4, 512MB RAM, XP Pro.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Sage User

Thanks guys, got it all (mostly) working for now. Have set up a few shows to record over the coming days so will so how things perform.

Do I have this right: for auto-update to work, DigiGuide, XMLTV Importer and SageTV must all ne running all the time (I've donated to XMLTV Importer and set DG2XML to pre-run in that app.)

It would ve VERY helpful to newbies like me if something like starfires post (just above) could be pasted into the first post of this thread as a kind of 'here's where it's at so you don't have to read the whiole thread' idea.

Thanks again!

Peter

Last edited by meep; 05-08-2009 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep View Post
Do I have this right: for auto-update to work, DigiGuide, XMLTV Importer and SageTV must all ne running all the time (I've donated to XMLTV Importer and set DG2XML to pre-run in that app.)
You just need DigiGuide running when you launch DG2XML (which is called by XMLTV Importer).

Personally I set DigiGuide to load at Windows boot time and make it minimised so its permanently running but I guess you could probably schedule a separate task to run it but I feel that's something else to break

Sage will automatically approx. every 24hrs load the new EPG data (you can see when it will on one of the screens).
Old 05-11-2009, 01:31 AM

DG2XML.exe Just thrown an error on my Win XP PVR box

Code:
DG2XML.exe - Application Error 
The application Failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135) click OK to terminate the application.
Computer says No!

Last edited by hi_tech_guy_18; 05-11-2009 at 02:40 AM.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

I noticed last night that in my epg the episode numbers for Heroes are all messed up but the descriptions are correct. It failed to record the first episode due to it being labelled as Season 3 Episode 1 which sage flagged as watched. This is not the only time I've had this issue but it's only ever happened with Heroes.

Has anybody else had this issue?

How can I check the XMLTV file to see whats in there? Notepad doesn't like 90MB files!

Thanks

Whitey
Old 05-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Sage Fanatic

get yourself TextPad. Much nicer
Old 05-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
How can I check the XMLTV file to see whats in there? Notepad doesn't like 90MB files!
Try XML Marker http://symbolclick.com/
Old 05-17-2009, 03:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well I've had a look at my xmltv data and fould that the 2 episodes were marked as 2.0 and 2.23. They should be 3.24 and 3.25 repectively. Does anyone know what may of caused this?

Thanks

Whitey

Code:
<programme channel="143" start="20090511210000 +0000" stop="20090511214500 +0000"><title>Heroes</title><desc>US drama series about people dealing with their newly discovered superpowers. Sylar continues his unusual partnership and begins to have an unexpected identity crisis. Hiro and Ando take measures towards bringing down Building 26. Matt's new-found fatherhood changes his priorities. Nathan sets a plan in motion to right the wrongs of his government operation.</desc><category>Drama</category><length units="minutes">45</length><episode-num system="xmltv_ns">2.0.</episode-num><sub-title>I Am Sylar</sub-title><audio><stereo>Stereo</stereo></audio><video><aspect>16:9</aspect></video><video><quality>HDTV</quality></video><subtitles type="teletext" /><subtitles type="onscreen" /><date>2009</date><ratingsystem="BBFC"><value>15</value></rating><star-rating><value>5/5</value></star-rating><credits><actor>Adrian Pasdar</actor><actor>Milo Ventimiglia</actor><actor>Greg Grunberg</actor><actor>Zachary Quinto</actor><actor>Hayden Panettiere</actor><actor>Masi Oka</actor></credits></programme>

<programme channel="143" start="20090511214500 +0000" stop="20090511222500 +0000"><title>Heroes</title><desc>Drama series about people dealing with their newly discovered superpowers. Nathan faces off against Sylar to keep him from meeting the president, while Sylar has his own plans for his new partner. Hiro learns that there are repercussions to regaining his ability. Matt is forced to go to extraordinary lengths to protect his future with his family.</desc><category>Drama</category><length units="minutes">40</length><episode-num system="xmltv_ns">2.23.</episode-num><sub-title>An InvisibleThread</sub-title><audio><stereo>Stereo</stereo></audio><video><aspect>16:9</aspect></video><video><quality>HDTV</quality></video><subtitles type="teletext" /><subtitlestype="onscreen"/><date>2009</date><ratingsystem="BBFC"><value>15</value></rating><star-rating><value>5/5</value></star-rating>credits><actor>Adrian Pasdar</actor><actor>Milo Ventimiglia</actor><actor>Greg Grunberg</actor><actor>Zachary Quinto</actor><actor>Hayden Panettiere</actor><actor>Masi Oka</actor></credits></programme>
Old 05-17-2009, 03:09 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I noticed last night that in my epg the episode numbers for Heroes are all messed up but the descriptions are correct. It failed to record the first episode due to it being labelled as Season 3 Episode 1 which sage flagged as watched. This is not the only time I've had this issue but it's only ever happened with Heroes.

Has anybody else had this issue?

Thanks

Whitey
Mate, this series of Heroes has been mental for episode numbers. For some reason, the episodes on BBC3 are labelled as episode 20-odd, and the same ones on BBCHD are labelled as episode 3, etc.
Then the last one there was labelled as episode 1. Totally messed up, and I've only seen it with Heroes on DG, nothing else.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyl View Post
Mate, this series of Heroes has been mental for episode numbers. For some reason, the episodes on BBC3 are labelled as episode 20-odd, and the same ones on BBCHD are labelled as episode 3, etc.
Then the last one there was labelled as episode 1. Totally messed up, and I've only seen it with Heroes on DG, nothing else.
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I have had problems too with other episodes but they've been repeated on BBC HD a few days later. It seems the last two episode were not.

Strange thing is the data in DG is correct but the xmltv file isn't, or the DG data was correct on the day that sage missed the recording

Thanks

Whitey
Old 05-18-2009, 06:18 AM
Sage Expert

Checked my data against that shown on BBC website, appears to match up. That's using DG2XML to extract the data from Digiguide.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Strange thing is the data in DG is correct but the xmltv file isn't, or the DG data was correct on the day that sage missed the recording
If you look around message 150 in this thread, I had similar problems. Ep numbers in xml not matching Digiguide. Unfortunately Nick couldn't spot what the problem was, and it didn't seem to affect many people (well, only me...).
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 08-22-2009, 01:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

It seems I have the episode numbering issue again. This time with True Blood on FX HD. The episode numbers are correct on FX/FX+1 but not on FX HD. What it seems is happening is all the shows are using the episode numbering from the previous show, ie "Burn Notice" which is on after True Blood has the episode number for true Blood. This pattern continues through out the schedule. Could it be something to do with the channel not being 24hrs? The reason I ask is because my other issue was with Heroes on BBC HD, again another channel that's not 24hrs. Just no add, using XMLTVGUI to grab from digiguide gets the correct episode numbers but I don't want use this becuse the info is less detailed (no HD flag etc.)

Whitey

Last edited by Whitey; 08-23-2009 at 04:04 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfire View Post
It looks like this file has been removed from the download section.

Can someone please upload the latest files. Have update Digi Guide to v8.4 and managed to get this to work by coping files from my achieves, but not sure if I’m using the latest files.

Dean
Old 11-01-2009, 03:58 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanm View Post
It looks like this file has been removed from the download section.

Can someone please upload the latest files. Have update Digi Guide to v8.4 and managed to get this to work by coping files from my achieves, but not sure if I’m using the latest files.

Dean
Try this, its the one I'm using and is currently working, I can't be sure if its the latest as I downloaded it quite awhile ago.

http://rapidshare.com/files/300841395/DG2XML.zip

Cheers

Ben