SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:41 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney View Post
This is why I now use a Sky HD box. Compared to Sage's UI it's utterly shit, but it does just work. After 2 1/2 years of fighting with Sage I decided I valued that more than Sage's functionality.
But theirs no fun in that

I like messing around with Sage even though I screw it up more times than I make it better.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

I spend way too much of my time debugging and troubleshooting computers at work - one too many times I would turn the TV on and my heart would sink as I realised I had some more troubleshooting to do before I could watch TV at home. The Radio Times going down over Christmas was the last straw.

Client:
Sage Client 6.1.9, Java 1.6.0_01, AthlonXP 3000+, 512MB RAM, GeForce 6150, ForceWare 93.71, nForce 8.26, PureVideo 1.02-223, SageMC 6.3.2c
Old 05-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney View Post
I spend way too much of my time debugging and troubleshooting computers at work
As I'm an electrician I dont have that problem

The only time I use a computer at work is when I can't reach a light fitting in an office and have to use someones tower to stand on
Old 05-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

As a fellow sparky, I can relate to that!
Antec Sonata III, Abit AN-M2HD, AMD 4200+, Thermalright SI-128 Cooler, 2GB OCZ DDR2, 2x500Gb + 1x1Tb Samsung Spinpoint SATA II, Hauppauge Nova-T500, Technotrend 3200-S2 with CI, Oasis II CAM. Windows XP Home SP3, Logitech Harmony 525. Logitech DiNovo Edge
Old 05-27-2008, 01:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have been experimenting with DGXMLTV and have come up against a small problem.

In Digiguide I have selected TV channels from those available on FreeView and FreeSat (the new one). I have renamed channels and renumbered them.

When I view the Digiguide listings I see the renamed / renumbered channles (e.g. ITV1 = 21) but when I look at the generated DGXMLTV output I see the XML as:
"<channel id="XMLTV_Import_103">
<display-name>ITV1 Meridian</display-name>"
i.e the original Digiguide naming and numbering.

Does anyone know if there is a way for DGXMLTV to output the user modified names and numbers? Thanks for any help
Old 05-27-2008, 02:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by logsvp View Post
I have been experimenting with DGXMLTV and have come up against a small problem.

In Digiguide I have selected TV channels from those available on FreeView and FreeSat (the new one). I have renamed channels and renumbered them.

When I view the Digiguide listings I see the renamed / renumbered channles (e.g. ITV1 = 21) but when I look at the generated DGXMLTV output I see the XML as:
"<channel id="XMLTV_Import_103">
<display-name>ITV1 Meridian</display-name>"
i.e. the original Digiguide naming and numbering.

Does anyone know if there is a way for DGXMLTV to output the user modified names and numbers? Thanks for any help
Cancel that - It's now working OK
File now reads OK:
" <channel id="XMLTV_Import_21">
<display-name>ITV1</display-name>"
i.e. my new naming/numbering system.

I think I was looking at an old file
Old 06-13-2008, 09:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

so is it worth ditching RT to switch?

I am fed up with programmes I have already watched being re-recorded, and ep guides not for the actual ep; if just £6 py will cure that, sign me up!
Old 06-13-2008, 10:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Oh my, I see that Alans grabber has a little tick box to use this.

so tempting, one little tick.. but it all works at the mo...
Old 06-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

I haven't used RT for some time probably 2 years or so. I don't know how far Alan's grabber has come, it did the job, but this solution if way fuller in my opinion and in conjunction with StephaneM's importer I find it easier to manage updated channel listings.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Well I have risked it all.
So far I have a file that is my data, all passed through the import thingie.

My only question (so far) is currently sage is importing an xml file called 1.xml, I think, using Niems importer.

Is there a way, other than using ren to change the name to 1.xml?
Old 06-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgley View Post
Well I have risked it all.
So far I have a file that is my data, all passed through the import thingie.

My only question (so far) is currently sage is importing an xml file called 1.xml, I think, using Niems importer.

Is there a way, other than using ren to change the name to 1.xml?
Recent convert here (RT to Digiguide) as well. No problems with Digiguide data, and better than RT. Worth the miniscule subs IMHO. Some different catergorizations (F1 is motoring on Digi, Sport on RT), (Charlie and Lola is Children on RT, Animation on Digi).

Nielms importer does not use an xmltv.properties file so think your're outta luck. I came from the Demidius plugin which did have one, and I think could handle this. If you are automating your grab, then a line in the batch file might be the way to go.

I Have to recommend StephaneM's importer though. Once you work your way though it it's excellent, with prompt support on the forum. Deffo the way to go.

If it helps I think I have a rough and ready comparison .xls of the categories in SageTV, RTimes, Digiguide & StephanesM importer. eg RT has GameShow cat, Digi has Gameshow and Quiz Show cats, and using the importer I map Quiz Show to be a Game show also.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Sage User

Hi all! I'm sorry that I didn't sort out the original code for the multi tuner support so many thanks to Nick for taking the time to add the code in

Just to say the original is still going strong here and the ony issue I find is the DG prompt to add new channels holds up the update process. Easily fixed with a quick alt-tab though.

Nick, would it be possible to make the new source available with the download? I may have some more time on my hands in the next few months.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

I use sky boxes and a USBUIRT and DG2XML

I'm having a problem. I don't know if it's by design or just something of something stupid that I'm doing.

I use a USBUIRT to change the channel numbers. When I go through the process of running DG2XML and then setting up the SageTV import wizard (LMGEstion), I find that my channel number column is empty. I want what appears in the XMLTV ID column to also appear in the channel number column. I understand that the guys who are using built in tuners would want this to happen so that they can go and put their sat channel numbers in but would it be possible to pass an option into DG2XML so that it populates the channel column as well for us USBUIRT users?

I've attached a screen dump of what I get.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen dump.JPG (42.0 KB, 319 views)
Old 06-25-2008, 02:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobarsteward View Post
I use a USBUIRT to change the channel numbers. When I go through the process of running DG2XML and then setting up the SageTV import wizard (LMGEstion), I find that my channel number column is empty. I want what appears in the XMLTV ID column to also appear in the channel number column.
The current version of the Importer doesn't retreive any channel numbers, you are supposed to type them manually (or using the script I have published here on the forums a long time ago). Though version 3.0 of the Importer will have this feature included (the channels / lineups feature is completely different).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
The current version of the Importer doesn't retreive any channel numbers, you are supposed to type them manually (or using the script I have published here on the forums a long time ago). Though version 3.0 of the Importer will have this feature included (the channels / lineups feature is completely different).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Cheers Stephane. I undertand what you are saying. I'll go and find the script. Any idea what it was called? I could take a while to find it, otherwise.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Cheers Stephane. I undertand what you are saying. I'll go and find the script. Any idea what it was called? I could take a while to find it, otherwise.
I can't remember. But imho it is not worth it. It's not so easy to set up and version 3.0 will be out soon.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
I can't remember. But imho it is not worth it. It's not so easy to set up and version 3.0 will be out soon.
Yeh, didn't find it either. You were correct though, it was pretty easy. I'll post the channel and clone_channel files in a new thread so everyone can pick them up.

I do have one thought though. I wonder what will happen when Sky change the channel lineup and then I download the new lineup and pass it to your tool. The XMLTV_ID that comes out of the DG2XML.exe will change and there won't be a channel numbre mapped to it. Will this stop your importer from running? Or will it still run but channels will just disappear?
Old 06-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I do have one thought though. I wonder what will happen when Sky change the channel lineup and then I download the new lineup and pass it to your tool. The XMLTV_ID that comes out of the DG2XML.exe will change and there won't be a channel numbre mapped to it. Will this stop your importer from running? Or will it still run but channels will just disappear?
The Importer will still run, though no more data will be loaded but channels will not disappear from the guide.

In version 3.0 it will be easier to update the channels list, previously the importer channels and xmltv channels were in synch (each time you opened the channel editor), in the future you'll explicitely update the channels because the Importer has its own channel list and you map each channel in your list to a xmltv one (the Importer always try to match them automatically though). In your case, I think you'll simply delete all the channel in the importer lineup and import the new channels (or download the channel lineup from the new online database that is included in version 3.0)

Though it would be great if the grabber could keep the same XMLTV_ID as long as it is possible (a good channel reference should be : NAME + COUNTRY)
Old 06-27-2008, 11:35 AM
Sage Expert

Hi,

I'm really interested in this digiguide importer, currently I'm running radio times grabber via xmltvgui ran by stephane's importer.

The key thing that really annoys me is repeats - can this new importer (and I guess do digiguide themselves) reliably flag repeats to Sage?, if so I'm hooked.

And if I switch, do I need xmltvgui installed at all as I see one of its grabbers is algo digiuide - whats the difference between that digiguide one and the one in this thread? - I'm a bit lost on this

Thanks!
Old 06-28-2008, 05:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfire View Post
The key thing that really annoys me is repeats - can this new importer (and I guess do digiguide themselves) reliably flag repeats to Sage?, if so I'm hooked.
The current behavior of the Importer will be the same in version 3.0, so if the XMLTV produced by digiguide does have some information about first run / re-runs, you'll see improvments, otherwsie the Importer will manage first run / re-runs all alone.