SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon View Post
However, both come into the guide with the same Ep Id and the subtitle of Thursday's programme. Any ideas why the importer would assume them to be the same ep?
I can't reproduce the issue, with your lookup.xml file, both episodes does have a # EPGID, the first is EP0012470018 and the other EP0012470019.

However, the Importer does remember of episodes having the same ep.title but from a different season (S.11 Ep12 both part 1 and 2). But then again it autocorrect itself by only keeping the EPGID stored in the lookup table for the ep.number only...

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:27 AM
Sage Icon

I'm not too sure what that means, but both show in Sage with an ep number EP0012470019, Thursday's shows as a rerun with Original Air Date as the Wednesday, so it appears that the importer thinks the two this week are the same program, rather than any previous season - i.e. Wednesday's is first-run.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 10-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Sage Icon

This problem just happened again - in fact I believe it's probably happened several times, I've missed a few recordings that I've not looked into. In this case it recorded CSI:Miami marked S6 Ep10, Subtitled "My Nanny", aired 7/10. File is correctly named. Subsequently it has imported S6 Ep12, Subtitle "Miami Confidential", and assigned this the same Id EP0010600031. No earlier airings for this, no confusion in the data, I guess the importer has made the same mistake it made last time. I'll send my current data along, but I assume the 7/10 airing is no longer on the XML.

Files uploaded here Stephane, if you can take a look.

BTW, I say it has assigned the same EpId, that may not be true in the lookup.xml - but Sage shows both episodes with the ep id EP0010600031 and shows the 21/10 Ep having originally shown on 7/10.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby

Last edited by rickgillyon; 10-11-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
In this case it recorded CSI:Miami marked S6 Ep10, Subtitled "My Nanny", aired 7/10. File is correctly named. Subsequently it has imported S6 Ep12, Subtitle "Miami Confidential", and assigned this the same Id EP0010600031. No earlier airings for this, no confusion in the data
The problem is that CSI: My Nanny can be found also with S6 Ep12 in XMLTV data, and that's where the mismatch comes from.

I aslo see that CSI: My Nanny were given EPGID ...030 at first (with correct ep. number), and then get back EPGID ...031 because it was showing S6 Ep12 numbers (the ep.numbers always win over the title => some show do have same ep.title but # ep.numbers)

Though in SageTV you should see the recorded show getting back the "Miami Confidential" ep.title (even though My Nanny was indeed recorded), what is the EPGID of the recorded show?

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:25 AM
Sage Icon

EPGID for both shows in Sage as EP0010600031.

So sorry, looking at the XML I see that you're right, it comes out as:
Code:
  <programme
    channel = "105"
    channel2 = "5"
    start = "20081007210000 +0000"
    stop = "20081007220000 +0000">
    <title>CSI: Miami</title>
    <desc>Crime drama series based on the work of forensic investigators. A nanny is found stabbed to death in her wealthy employers' home and a jealous teenage boy emerges as a key suspect.</desc>
    <category>Drama</category>
    <length units = "minutes">60</length>
    <episode-num system = "xmltv_ns">5.11.</episode-num>
    <sub-title>CSI: My Nanny</sub-title>
    <subtitles type = "teletext"/>
    <credits>
      <actor>David Caruso</actor>
      <actor>Khandi Alexander</actor>
      <actor>Emily Procter</actor>
      <actor>Adam Rodriguez</actor>
      <actor>Rex Linn</actor>
      <actor>Eva La Rue</actor>
    </credits>
  </programme>
But data in Digiguide is:
Code:
DRAMA: CSI: Miami
On: five (105)    
Date: Tuesday 7th October 2008 (Already shown)
Time: 21:00 to 22:00 (1 hour long)

CSI: My Nanny. Series 6, episode 10.
Crime drama series based on the work of forensic investigators. A nanny is found stabbed to death in her wealthy employers' home and a jealous teenage boy emerges as a key suspect.
(Subtitles)

Starring: David Caruso, Khandi Alexander, Emily Procter, Adam Rodriguez, Rex Linn, Eva La Rue
Looks like the grabber is messing the data not the importer, sorry Stephane - I was so certain after last time that it was the importer.

Any ideas, DG2XML people?
Old 10-14-2008, 02:59 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Any ideas, DG2XML people?
Probably worth PM'ing Nick W to see if he can help
Old 10-18-2008, 05:09 AM
Sage User

I'm geting an error while running DG2XML, it's been working fine up to now.

While updating the epg.xml, it errors with: "B2AC8/viewmultichannelgrid?htd=504&dt=1223723114&chi=14&noc=1 ERROR:'?', hexadecimal value 0x16, is an invalid character. Line 2035, position 71."

Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:33 AM
Sage User

Update: I removed the channel 15 (E4) from my Digiguide channel list and it ran through successfully. I then re-added E4, numbered it to channel 15 and ran DG2XML again. This time it went right to the end (chi=56) and gave the exact same error again. Before, it errored after chi=14.

I guess the DG2XML parser is seeing something it can't handle??
Old 10-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvid View Post
Update: I removed the channel 15 (E4) from my Digiguide channel list and it ran through successfully. I then re-added E4, numbered it to channel 15 and ran DG2XML again. This time it went right to the end (chi=56) and gave the exact same error again. Before, it errored after chi=14.

I guess the DG2XML parser is seeing something it can't handle??
I have just checked mine and its working ok, I also have E4 in my listings so its probably not a fault with that channel's listings. I call DG2XML with noc=1000, all the other parameters are default.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfire View Post
Probably worth PM'ing Nick W to see if he can help
I'm here, can one of you give me specifics of what's wrong?

Regards,

Nick.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:03 AM
Sage Icon

Hi Nick, thanks for having a look. We have this intermittent fault (we saw it previously in this thread with Massive) where the Episode numbers in he XML don't match those in DigiGuide. One example is below. The result is that future programmes can appear watched when they haven't been and therefore not record...

XML
Code:
  <programme
    channel = "105"
    channel2 = "5"
    <desc>Crime drama series based on the work of forensic investigators. A nanny is found stabbed to death in her wealthy employers' home and a jealous teenage boy emerges as a key suspect.</desc>
    <credits>
      <actor>Rex Linn</actor>
    </credits>
  </programme>
Code:

Crime drama series based on the work of forensic investigators. A nanny is found stabbed to death in her wealthy employers' home and a jealous teenage boy emerges as a key suspect.
(Subtitles)

Starring: David Caruso, Khandi Alexander, Emily Procter, Adam Rodriguez, Rex Linn, Eva La Rue
It's not a one-off. Sometimes the bad data is fixed on the next extract, often not. The problem is, you have to be lucky to notice when it breaks... On this one I did a grab either side of checking it, so it wasn't a correction on DigiGuide.

Thanks!
Old 10-19-2008, 06:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hi Nick, thanks for having a look. We have this intermittent fault (we saw it previously in this thread with Massive) where the Episode numbers in he XML don't match those in DigiGuide. One example is below. The result is that future programmes can appear watched when they haven't been and therefore not record...

XML
Code:
  <programme
    channel = "105"
    channel2 = "5"
    <credits>
      <actor>Rex Linn</actor>
    </credits>
  </programme>
Code:

(Subtitles)

It's not a one-off. Sometimes the bad data is fixed on the next extract, often not. The problem is, you have to be lucky to notice when it breaks... On this one I did a grab either side of checking it, so it wasn't a correction on DigiGuide.

Thanks!
Hi,

Your going to have to give me an example that is actually current (i.e., in the guide data at the time of posting), and please make it from a freeview channel (like the one above).

Regards,

Nick.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Sage Icon

You'll have to wait until I notice one!
Old 10-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
You'll have to wait until I notice one!
No problem, just let me know asap so I can sort it
Old 10-20-2008, 12:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've just recently started getting a strange problem that I think is linked to the guide data. When I set up a new series to record, the record icon is grey in each episode so they won't record so I have to manually set them up which obviously defeats the object. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

Thanks

Whitey
Old 10-20-2008, 01:40 PM
Sage User

Unhappy

I'm still getting this parsing error when I run DG2XML : "ERROR:'▬', hexadecimal value 0x16, is an invalid character. Line 895, position 71."

It happens whenever it encounters my E4 channel. So if I change the numbering order in Digiguide, wherever I put E4 in the numbering, this error appears in the output just as it is supposed to process the E4 channel data.

I'm a bit stuck now...looks like it isn't happening to others...Any ideas I can try?
Thanks.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:06 AM
Sage Icon

Have you checked you're on the latest version of DG2XML and the skin?
Old 10-23-2008, 01:06 PM
Sage User

Talking

I checked that I am on the latest version - there hasn't been an update since 1.0.10, so I'm current. But...it is now working, without me doing anything else.

As far as I can see it muct have been something the parser can't handle, but odd that no-one else saw it. I guess it's to do with my own setup.

Anyway, it's working fine again now

I think DG2XML and Stephane's importer deserve a medal - without them I wouldn't be using SageTV to be honest. Ideally they would be more tightly integrated with Sage iteself, but it works, so I'm happy. One day maybe we'll get a full UK EPG service.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:46 AM
Sage Icon

I agree that this solution is an improvement, but Sage was more than usable when we just had Alan Birtles's RT Grabber and nielm's importer, so a tip of the hat to them

For me, it would be totally false to say that Sage would not be usable without this new software - it's been usable for years. But it's now even better...
Old 10-30-2008, 07:35 AM
Sage Icon

Okay Nick, I've finally noticed an example tonight for Silent Witness on BBC1. XML:
Code:
  <programme
    channel = "101"
    channel2 = "1"
    start = "20081030210000 +0000"
    stop = "20081030220000 +0000">
    <title>Silent Witness</title>
    <desc>Drama series about a team of forensic pathologists. As the search for Liam continues, Nikki's loyalty towards her former mentor is tested when the allegations of a former student are brought to the surface. Leo and Harry refuse to give up on the search, and they are soon on the trail of a toxic chemical, found in both bodies, which could provide them with Liam's whereabouts.</desc>
    <episode-num system = "xmltv_ns">11.1.</episode-num>
    <sub-title>The Lost Child (Part 2 of 2)</sub-title>
    <audio>
      <stereo>Stereo</stereo>
    </audio>
    <video>
      <aspect>16:9</aspect>
    </video>
    <subtitles type = "onscreen"/>
    <credits>
      <actor>Tom Ward</actor>
      <actor>William Gaminara</actor>
      <actor>Emilia Fox</actor>
      <actor>Penny Layden</actor>
      <actor>Reece Dinsdale</actor>
      <actor>Peter Guinness</actor>
    </credits>
  </programme>
Digiguide:
Code:
DRAMA: Silent Witness
On: BBC 1 North East (101)    
Date: Thursday 30th October 2008 (starting this evening)

The Lost Child (Part 2 of 2). Series 12, episode 10.
Drama series about a team of forensic pathologists. As the search for Liam continues, Nikki's loyalty towards her former mentor is tested when the allegations of a former student are brought to the surface. Leo and Harry refuse to give up on the search, and they are soon on the trail of a toxic chemical, found in both bodies, which could provide them with Liam's whereabouts.
(Editor's Choice, Stereo, Widescreen, Subtitles, Audio Described)

Starring: Tom Ward, William Gaminara, Emilia Fox, Penny Layden, Reece Dinsdale, Peter Guinness
I hope you can do something with that! Thanks...