SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

It certainly would help (both play_nice and the donation )
Old 01-11-2008, 08:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

OK, I installed Comskip monitor and comskip 2 nights ago and so far it works great. Im not sure the CPU load yet, I set it up and went to bed. When I looked the next day after work all ~100GB had been processed. I give it a 100%
Old 01-12-2008, 11:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by myoung84 View Post
OK, I installed Comskip monitor and comskip 2 nights ago and so far it works great. Im not sure the CPU load yet, I set it up and went to bed. When I looked the next day after work all ~100GB had been processed. I give it a 100%
well now u get this tool and make the 100GB into 10GB
and it will cut out the commercials for u completely

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ad.php?t=28006
Old 02-09-2008, 03:59 PM

Can't get SageTV to recognize commercial marks

Please save a relative noob from the soul-crushing vagary that enshrouds the commercial detection community.

I have SageTV 6.3.5. I have enabled the "unsupported extras", configured the "malore menu options" to "display commercial detection options". I have installed Comskip and Comskip Monitor, and run the Comskip Monitor configuration. I can right click on a show in SageTV and choose "Commercial Detect", and it will announce a few minutes later that it was successful. I can check the SageTV Videos folder and see a .txt and a .log file for the selected show. I can open the .txt file and see the apparent frame numbers for commercial locations. The only thing I'm missing is any sort of acknowledgment from SageTV that the show is any different from before. What I expect at this point is that there will be some indication on the playback bar in SageTV that relates to those commercial locations, and that when I reach those areas during playback, I can touch some button or key and it will skip through that area. That is what I've been able to piece together from several hours of research. What I cannot piece together is what I am missing at this point.

I feel I've done exhaustive research and have not seen any clear directions on this SageTV element that seemingly everyone uses. I'm sure I'm missing something that will cause me to smack myself upside the head once it's revealed to me, because it's apparently obvious to everyone else.

Please please help!

-s
Old 02-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Sage Icon

Get
STV Import: Comskip Playback for Default STV (v1.5.1 2/January/2008 for SageTV 5/6)

It's listed as a related thread in the links at the bottom of the page. Thats the actual GUI part of the commercial skipping process.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:01 PM

"CollinR nominated for Nobel Peace Prize"

Thanks man. And I never use smilies. You have undoubtedly saved dozens from untold destruction.

-s