SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-23-2004, 06:12 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by SlimD
Last time I checked they are no longer trying to "sale" 1.4 features, its all hype about 2.0...which *is* beta.

And for what reasons do you think its the *best*?

SlimD
SlimD,

I have been running SageTV, SageRecorder, and Sage Client for over 9 months now and it has never crashed or failed ( except betas ). I have 4 PVR 250 cards that I can all schedule in one easy interface on my main server or on my SageTVClient in the living room. I now have it connected to 4 Digital Cable Boxes now and it controls them flawlessly with 4 IR Blasters.

It just works and frankly I can not imagine living without it.

So yes it is worth every dime of the $130 I have spent on software ( 1 copy of SageTV, 1 copy of SageTVClient, 2 Copies of SageRecorder )

BUY IT!!!!
Living Room: WinXP Pro SP2, AMD XP3200+, 1GB, 1.3TB 3ware 9500S12 RAID5, GigaByte GA7N400Pro2, 2xVBOX USB2 HD Tuner<-Antennna, 1xHDHR<-Antennna , HD100 to HDMI Splitter 1080i->32" 4:3 HDTV or 1080i->92" 1080P LCD Projector
Kitchen: WinXP Home SP2, Celeron 2.0Ghz, 512MB, 40GB, Saphire ATI MB, ATI9200->19"LCD
2 BedRooms: MediaMVP
Old 01-24-2004, 12:03 AM
Sage Icon

WOOHOO!! Just got home and started testing!

Very nice guys.

I.

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 01-24-2004, 12:22 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to ErsatzTom
I love it! Too bad I'll be out of town all day tomorrow... (Up in your area, GbrNole) *sigh* At least I got to play a little tonight.

t
Old 01-24-2004, 02:18 AM
Sage User

Well, I just downloaded it and am ready to install! I can't wait. OK, enough... here I go!!!! Here's to the Sage team!

comprat
Old 01-24-2004, 05:52 AM
Sage Expert

It is very nice. I only see a few glitches where I need to close Sage out and reopen it but it also has fixed some minor glitches that 1.4 had. All in all it is great.
Old 01-24-2004, 11:04 AM
Sage User

I haven't gotten my email yet because I forgot to send in my request to be in beta until this a.m. I thought I had done that, but I must not have (I bet they are taking the weekend off after much hard work). I really want to try this over the weekend when I have time. If the nature of the email is that only registered 1.4 owners (which I am one) can activate the link or complete the download by entering their current key, then can someone forward me their email so I can get on with it?? If the email itself provides open access to the download of the V2.....don't bother, Jeff and Dan probably would not approve of that.

I'm drooling to get this puppy going.....I hope they didn't process just those that were in before yesterday, and then wait for a few days........darn
Old 01-24-2004, 11:28 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by davedelite
If the nature of the email is that only registered 1.4 owners (which I am one) can activate the link or complete the download by entering their current key, then can someone forward me their email so I can get on with it?? If the email itself provides open access to the download of the V2.....don't bother, Jeff and Dan probably would not approve of that.
I second that... I sent my email in... but alas I did not receive an email... if the link requires a key, then could someone be kind enough to PM or email me... if it does not then I will just have to wait for J or D...

-Jason
Old 01-24-2004, 11:36 AM
Sage Expert

Maybe we can post the link on here for people?
Old 01-24-2004, 11:59 AM
Sage Expert

Beta Email

Arggh!

It seems that MSN decided to place my emails in their spam folder! In any case... I have the link and am now preparing to update to V2!

-Jason