SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Here it is!
Attached Files
File Type: txt Irremote.txt (25.3 KB, 197 views)
Old 01-22-2009, 09:39 PM
Sage Expert

No idea if it will work (don't have a hauppauge remote myself), but...

Backup your original irremote.ini and use the attached, restarting your ir.exe.

Use the new attached netflix_control_v0.3

If you have the old netflix_control running (the green H in your systray), restart it.

Let me know if anything works.

Edit: See this thread for new versions of Netflix Control

Last edited by brainbone; 01-26-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainbone View Post
I have yet to get an extender, so I'm not exactly sure, but, my understanding is that the with the loop-back hack, anything displayed on the desktop will be visible on the extender.

I'm sure I'm missing something here, but, if IE/silverlight is playing the video on the desktop, and thus out the s-video port of the video card, why wouldn't the s-video input of the capture card get it?
How would you control it from the extender? IE/Silverlight needs a mouse and the mouse is on the server somewhere else. It's not on the extender.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:02 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
How would you control it from the extender? IE/Silverlight needs a mouse and the mouse is on the server somewhere else. It's not on the extender.

Gerry
Yes. That can be a problem. There would need to be a way to control via my script, much in the way I assume the Netflix Viewer in this import can be controlled.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

no Queue

ok so i have posted about this before i have everthing right my rss feed right my user name and password, i can watch Instantly but i dont see my queue at all or my instantly queue need help or why it is doing this i us to have it but dont have it know
Old 01-23-2009, 09:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreameriz View Post
ok so i have posted about this before i have everthing right my rss feed right my user name and password, i can watch Instantly but i dont see my queue at all or my instantly queue need help or why it is doing this i us to have it but dont have it know
One of those items are wrong. That's usually the issue. Netflix ID is the id=<xxxx> number in the RSS URL. User name is your email address and password is case sensitive. If you're inputting it via a remote use the Guide button to switch upper/lower case.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Sage User

Quote:
One of those items are wrong. That's usually the issue. Netflix ID is the id=<xxxx> number in the RSS URL. User name is your email address and password is case sensitive. If you're inputting it via a remote use the Guide button to switch upper/lower case.

Gerry
There has to be something more to this, my netflix id has to be right, cause i see my queue, my username and password have to be right cause i can watch instantly, but I still cannot update my stinking netflix queue.....
Old 01-23-2009, 11:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejkeebler View Post
There has to be something more to this, my netflix id has to be right, cause i see my queue, my username and password have to be right cause i can watch instantly, but I still cannot update my stinking netflix queue.....
What error do you get? Did you import the plugin more than once? Go back to a SageMC_169.xml with no plugins in it. Then just import the Netflix plugin and see if the queue works. Your problem is different than the one I posted to but those are the only 3 variables that get you access to your Netflix account (queue) and WatchNow.

Gerry
Old 01-23-2009, 12:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

yes i have made sure all of that is correct
Old 01-23-2009, 12:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreameriz View Post
yes i have made sure all of that is correct
And you're running Netflix 2.06? jar file date of 11/19/2008?

Gerry

Last edited by gplasky; 01-23-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:55 PM
Sage User

Quote:
What error do you get? Did you import the plugin more than once? Go back to a SageMC_169.xml with no plugins in it. Then just import the Netflix plugin and see if the queue works. Your problem is different than the one I posted to but those are the only 3 variables that get you access to your Netflix account (queue) and WatchNow.

Gerry
Yeah I realized you were helping someone out with something a little different, I just thought I'd throw it out there and see if you had any ideas. I suppose I could revert back to the original xml, but it's not that important I guess. I don't get any errors doing it, it seems to operate fine, I select the title from my queue, push right and select move to top of queue and it moves, then I click on save, and it takes me to the main screen. When I look back in my queue the title is at the original position. I know my username/password and netflix id are all correct, because, as I said I see the right queue and my watch now thankfully works flawlessly.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
No idea if it will work (don't have a hauppauge remote myself), but...

Backup your original irremote.ini and use the attached, restarting your ir.exe.

Use the new attached netflix_control_v0.3

If you have the old netflix_control running (the green H in your systray), restart it.

Let me know if anything works.
The new .3 version and the irremote you sent me work 100% Thanks you so much for this. Greatly appreciated!
Old 01-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Sage User

I'm having the same problem. I can see my queue, change it around, but not save any changes to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejkeebler View Post
Yeah I realized you were helping someone out with something a little different, I just thought I'd throw it out there and see if you had any ideas. I suppose I could revert back to the original xml, but it's not that important I guess. I don't get any errors doing it, it seems to operate fine, I select the title from my queue, push right and select move to top of queue and it moves, then I click on save, and it takes me to the main screen. When I look back in my queue the title is at the original position. I know my username/password and netflix id are all correct, because, as I said I see the right queue and my watch now thankfully works flawlessly.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:01 PM
Sage User

SageTV is black after messing up NetFlix import

I just added the NetFlix plug in incorrectly and my SageTV is black. I know that there is a few lines of text I need to edit somewhere to get back my SageTV interface. I've searched and I can't find what I need to edit to get control of Sage again.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Sage User

I have a similar issue, only my main SageMC front end is fine and setup the way I always had it, but the Netflix menu is all messed up. It has a black background, and the text when I go to the Instant Queue is all stuck at the top left of the screen so it's not readable. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

-Nebruin
Old 02-03-2009, 07:44 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
OK, so I'm thinking about how to get silverlight working on an extender via the loop-back hack, and I got to thinking... how exactly does the loopback hack work now with the non-silverlight netflixviewer provided in this netflix STVi?

Also, it looks like the source code to Netflix for SageMC (src.zip included in the STVi) is not complete. Has anyone been able to compile this on their own?
Old 02-03-2009, 09:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK, so I'm thinking about how to get silverlight working on an extender via the loop-back hack, and I got to thinking... how exactly does the loopback hack work now with the non-silverlight netflixviewer provided in this netflix STVi?
The non-silverlight netflix plugin brings up a custom player. The custom player accepts the same remote control codes that you have configured for Sage. So on the server you have a user logged into the desktop. The video loop goes into the tuner capture card so on mine if I tune to 999 I see the desktop. Play a WatchNow moive and the custom player comes up and starts playing the movie. There is a slight delay but press pause on the remote at the extender and it pauses the player running on the server.

Gerry
Old 02-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
The custom player accepts the same remote control codes that you have configured for Sage.
This is what I need to replicate. I'd like to find a way of doing this without having to modify this STVi source, but it looks like that may be required.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

not saving queue

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewart710 View Post
I'm having the same problem. I can see my queue, change it around, but not save any changes to it.
ok i am as well never got this function to work i fixed my other issue just me being dumb on that part but
i never can rerange me queue and save it i can add to my queue which it dosnt normal show tell the next day for some reason but not a big deal
Old 02-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

Exclamation

The latest newz...

Well I have gotten an additional NetFlix account for doing some Silverlight investigation as well as the tools to develop a Silverlight app. I have not discovered any way to access data that would be needed for use in Silverlight. The network communication is totally different with extra smarts in the NetFlix Sliverlight player to negotiate the data it needs. I haven't seen that the vmcnetflix guys have had any breakthrough on this either, so I think we will just have to suffer with the NetFlix browser approach at least for now.

The Silverlight users will be able to play movies as it is now using the IE Browser selection, but you will need some remote/mouse emulator. I don't see that the NetFlix player has window classes for player control objects (let me know if someone sees some from girder). I am starting to add a feature to the custom player code that could incorporate some mouse emulation from the standard Sage remote events. This would also solve using the Silverlight player on the extender. There would be less control options with the Silverlight player (skipping through a movie may be possible but tricky). It may also need some custom setup for users based on the screen details.

Download for Later is definitely out for Silverlight users, maybe that will change eventually with some breakthrough.

Hopefully the remote control addition will make usage acceptable for Silverlight users.