SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

yes it was the dell. guess my eyes are playing tricks... the quality was pretty decent.

Server: Sage 9.0.13.536, Windows10-64bit, AMD Phenom II X4 905e 2.5GHz , 16GB Ram, 2.6TB recording
Tuners: OpenDCT 0.5.2 Ceton InfiniTV4
NAS: 16TB, unRaid Plus, Asus H87I-Plus mini-ITX, Intel Core i3-4130, 16GB Ram, Fractal Node 304 case
10 Clients: HD-300, HD-200, SageWin10, Plex, AndroidMiniClient
Old 05-28-2009, 12:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Ryokurin Send a message via AIM to Ryokurin Send a message via Yahoo to Ryokurin
Bump from the dead, but the real reason why Hulu didn't want Boxee to run it. They were developing their own interface.

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/05/28...direct-tcrn.ch
Old 05-28-2009, 01:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryokurin View Post
Bump from the dead, but the real reason why Hulu didn't want Boxee to run it. They were developing their own interface.

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/05/28...direct-tcrn.ch
good info! I wonder if someone can write a plugin to take advantage of this!
Old 05-28-2009, 01:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Wow, I didn't see this one coming

Getting this working with a full PC client should be a snap (Dynamic Menus should be able to launch it), but this still doesn't mean anything for extenders aside from the fact that Hulu isn't completely against playing back their content on TV's.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

HULU standalone player??? from Hulu.com

http://lifehacker.com/5272138/hulu-l...op-application

Check this out... a standalone player for Hulu... that uses remotes

HMMMM

Dave P

* merged *
Old 05-28-2009, 03:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

It shouldn't be too much different then the Netflix plugin. They have a labs as well, which allows you to do some nice customization

http://www.hulu.com/labs
Old 05-28-2009, 09:19 PM
SageTVaholic

So given the Hulu Desktop thing, what would it take to get Hulu into the extenders now?

Any developers up to the challenge? Seems like it might make it a little easier with the software "loopback channel" hack.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just put the Hulu desktop into Sage using dynamic menus... and now I'm going to be up all night watching Hulu.

One stumbling block I ran into was that the Hulu desktop wasn't getting focus when switching from live TV (or a DVD) to Hulu (so the remote didn't work). I fixed that by calling it from a batch file with a 1 second delay. Works a treat!
Old 05-30-2009, 02:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hulu's Player keyboard shortcuts

For those who want to program your remote

Hulu's Player keyboard shortcuts

Key - player response
-------------------------------------
Up
Down - Progress Bar / Volume

Left
Right - Progress Bar / Jump or seek

Enter - Play

Space Bar - Pause

OK - Select

Back - Return to video

F - to go to full screen

Escape - Exit Full screen,Return to normal view
or
Exit normal view ,Return to Full screen

Exit Player - ALT + F4

Stop - Space then Esc

Server: Intel i7-930 CPU @ 2.8GHz , 300GB HD, 24GB DDR3, Win 10 64-bit, (2) 2TB HD for recording
Capture Devices: 2xHD Homerun Prime 3 (CableCard) = 6 Tuners (Spectrum, TV package: Select), 1xHauppauge WinTv 885 (4 tuners OTA), 1xHauppauge WinTv-7164 (2 tuners OTA), Schedules Direct EPG
NAS: Synology DS1618+ 26.2TB Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR)
Sage Add-ons: Comskip Plug-in
Eventghost 0.5.0-RC4, Java Version: 1.8.0_172 (32-bit), Harmony 880, USB-UIRT

Last edited by scat; 05-30-2009 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Added stop keys
Old 05-30-2009, 07:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythikal View Post
Just put the Hulu desktop into Sage using dynamic menus... and now I'm going to be up all night watching Hulu.

One stumbling block I ran into was that the Hulu desktop wasn't getting focus when switching from live TV (or a DVD) to Hulu (so the remote didn't work). I fixed that by calling it from a batch file with a 1 second delay. Works a treat!
more details!!!
And welcome to the forums!!
Old 05-30-2009, 08:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Yes, any details you could provide as to how you got it setup and working would be great. I have gotten Sage to launch it on a client, but not an extender. Are you running it on a client or extender?

Thanks.
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 05-30-2009, 09:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

I think it HAS to be on a windows or mac client as the desktop application must be installed.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
So given the Hulu Desktop thing, what would it take to get Hulu into the extenders now?

Any developers up to the challenge? Seems like it might make it a little easier with the software "loopback channel" hack.
While I am in no way qualified to make this statement, it seems that a UPnP client (not server...) 'plugin' for Sage would work. Couple that with TVersity/Playon and you/we have the answer.

The issue comes in reversing the flow... Everyone jumps right on Sage as a server, but now we need to have Sage accept the stream as a client! This could solve the use of extenders within Sage I would think...

Or am I just over simplifying things?
Old 05-30-2009, 11:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
While I am in no way qualified to make this statement, it seems that a UPnP client (not server...) 'plugin' for Sage would work. Couple that with TVersity/Playon and you/we have the answer.

The issue comes in reversing the flow... Everyone jumps right on Sage as a server, but now we need to have Sage accept the stream as a client! This could solve the use of extenders within Sage I would think...

Or am I just over simplifying things?
That was my thought. Similar to this for VMC. TubeCore

Let the Playons/TVersitys/Twonky do all the work and have a DNLA/Upnp client plugin for Sage.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
Yes, any details you could provide as to how you got it setup and working would be great. I have gotten Sage to launch it on a client, but not an extender. Are you running it on a client or extender?

Thanks.
I am running this on a client, not an extender. Sorry bout that, but I don't have any extenders to play with.

To set it up:

1) Install the HuluDesktop from here.

2) Add a new external program from the main menu (requires dynamic menus) pointing to C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\HuluDesktop\HuluDesktop.exe. Please note that I ended up calling it from a batch file to ensure that it would take focus when switching from Sage to Hulu (see below).

3) Set it to sleep Sage while running; restore after exit.

4) Give it a pretty little icon.

5) Watch Hulu from Sage.

My batch file is as follows:
@echo off
ping <insert an IP address that won't reply> -n 1 -w 1000 >NUL
"%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\HuluDesktop\HuluDesktop.lnk"
exit

Note that I created a shortcut to HuluDesktop.exe (HuluDesktop.lnk) which I am calling because the start command wasn't working properly.

I know that this isn't really native Hulu support, but it's pretty slick nonetheless.

For those who are interested, I've attached some screenshots as well.

Last edited by Mythikal; 06-20-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I am running this on a client, not an extender. Sorry bout that, but I don't have any extenders to play with.

To set it up:

1) Install the HuluDesktop from here.

2) Add a new external program from the main menu (requires dynamic menus) pointing to C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\HuluDesktop\HuluDesktop.exe. Please note that I ended up calling it from a batch file to ensure that it would take focus when switching from Sage to Hulu (see below).

3) Set it to sleep Sage while running; restore after exit.

4) Give it a pretty little icon.

5) Watch Hulu from Sage.

My batch file is as follows:
@echo off
ping <insert an IP address that won't reply> -n 1 -w 1000 >NUL
"%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\HuluDesktop\HuluDesktop.lnk"
exit

Note that I created a shortcut to HuluDesktop.exe (HuluDesktop.lnk) which I am calling because the start command wasn't working properly.

I know that this isn't really native Hulu support, but it's pretty slick nonetheless.

For those who are interested, I've attached some screenshots as well.

I can't wait to try this when I get home!
Thanks
Old 05-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
That was my thought. Similar to this for VMC. TubeCore

Let the Playons/TVersitys/Twonky do all the work and have a DNLA/Upnp client plugin for Sage.

Gerry
For those who feel that they have the skills/time, here are some starting points to some generic UPnP Clients/Renderers...

Platinum UPnP - http://sourceforge.net/projects/platinum

This is what the XBMC team uses/used in their UPnP server/client (they have both!)...

and

Cyberlink for JAVA - http://sourceforge.net/projects/cgupnpjava

and

Cidero - http://www.cidero.com

Cidero has a bridge that allows non-UPnP devices, to be used in a UPnP network, and extends the UPnP capabilities of others. This could be effective in using the HD Theater UPnP client from WITHIN Sage... ?

Last edited by Jason; 05-30-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well I got it 90% working!
I'm using vista so the locations are slightly different.
I was bale to make it work with both a bat file anddireclt linking it to the huludesktop app.

My main problem seems to be if I hit the back button or green button on my MCE remote. it sends the command to sagetv. HUlu still has the screen but all following button presses are captured by sagetv. I can even start a tv show playing in sage and can't see it but I can hear it.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
For those who feel that they have the skills/time, here are some starting points to some generic UPnP Clients/Renderers...
Sage has a UPnP client working for the HD200 in "standalone mode" so it stands to reason that they should have a lot of the code for this already. I'm not sure why they haven't added it to Sage server for use in the "extender mode" yet.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Anyone have an Eventghost script for Hulu? Or Girder perhaps?