SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

CNCB,

great plugin. I will eventually post some screenshot showing how powerfull JRMC is at organizing media the way you want it.

I installed your plugin on my computer at home, which is a sageclient XP machine that only has htpc software on it. I had the same problem with the library config. Until i added the http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

a few questions now that ive had a chance to play with it for a little while:

it seems that you can only choose to play an item by highlighting it and hitting option on the remote to initiate the play menu. Or navigating to the final item and the clicking on it. It would be nice to have a "Play Options" button on the left to initiate the play menu.

Is it possible to add just the media type so that you will see all of the playlists you created, ie:
Audio -Album/Artist
-Genre/Album/Artist
-Most Played etc.....

that way you would only have to setup one menu item per media type in SageTV.

DVD's, i see them in JRMC explorer but cannot play them. Is there a trick to getting them to play?
Old 03-31-2008, 03:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eruji View Post
I installed your plugin on my computer at home, which is a sageclient XP machine that only has htpc software on it. I had the same problem with the library config.
Strange. Both of my PCs at home didn't need this (Vista and XP MCE) but thanks for uncovering this for anyone else that might run into the problem.

Quote:
it seems that you can only choose to play an item by highlighting it and hitting option on the remote to initiate the play menu. Or navigating to the final item and the clicking on it. It would be nice to have a "Play Options" button on the left to initiate the play menu.
I'm not sure this would be much of a shortcut. You can move to the first "All" item in the list and select Options to get the same behavior that I think you want.

Quote:
Is it possible to add just the media type so that you will see all of the playlists you created, ie:
Audio -Album/Artist
-Genre/Album/Artist
-Most Played etc.....

that way you would only have to setup one menu item per media type in SageTV.
Do you mean View Schemes or Playlists? You can use "Audio", "Images", or "Video" as the VIEWPATH for your menu item and it will show you all the view schemes you have under these root media types in JRMC as well as the sub-items in the root view scheme. For example, if you use "Audio" as your path it will show all your Audio View Schemes followed by all your Audio Genres in the root list. For playlists, you can make a Playlist Group in JRMC for each of your media types with all your playlists of that type underneath and then point your menu item in Sage to each Playlist Group.

Quote:
DVD's, i see them in JRMC explorer but cannot play them. Is there a trick to getting them to play?
I'm not sure - I will have to check this since I don't have any DVDs in my JRMC library. Are these VOB files that you have also imported into your Sage library?
Old 03-31-2008, 05:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I'm not sure this would be much of a shortcut. You can move to the first "All" item in the list and select Options to get the same behavior that I think you want.
The OPTION key is what is tripping me up. Ive never had to use it to navigate in SageTV. It seems like if you highlight then press PLAY, or just put a play button to bring up that menu.

Quote:
Do you mean View Schemes or Playlists? You can use "Audio", "Images", or "Video" as the VIEWPATH for your menu item and it will show you all the view schemes you have under these root media types in JRMC as well as the sub-items in the root view scheme. For example, if you use "Audio" as your path it will show all your Audio View Schemes followed by all your Audio Genres in the root list. For playlists, you can make a Playlist Group in JRMC for each of your media types with all your playlists of that type underneath and then point your menu item in Sage to each Playlist Group.
Okay, im talking about View Schemes.. but i understand now why i was confused. In order for the VS to show up in the JRMC explorer in SAGE, you have to have the "Display In Theaterview" checkbox checked. I was confused because i tried what you said, but did not see any of my schemes.

Quote:
I'm not sure - I will have to check this since I don't have any DVDs in my JRMC library. Are these VOB files that you have also imported into your Sage library?
I have my DVD's stored on my hard drive in this format:
D:\Media\Video\DVD\The Big Lebowski\VIDEO_TS\[vob and ifo files]

SageTV recognizes the dvd directory and plays the files and so does JRMC.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The OPTION key is what is tripping me up. Ive never had to use it to navigate in SageTV. It seems like if you highlight then press PLAY, or just put a play button to bring up that menu.
I think pressing Play on an item showing the menu makes sense and is a good idea. I will put this in the next update.

Quote:
Okay, im talking about View Schemes.. but i understand now why i was confused. In order for the VS to show up in the JRMC explorer in SAGE, you have to have the "Display In Theaterview" checkbox checked. I was confused because i tried what you said, but did not see any of my schemes.
I see - this is good to know. But note that all my default view schemes are set to be shown in Theater View and likewise any new ones I create default to be shown too.

Quote:
I have my DVD's stored on my hard drive in this format:
D:\Media\Video\DVD\The Big Lebowski\VIDEO_TS\[vob and ifo files]

SageTV recognizes the dvd directory and plays the files and so does JRMC.
Ok, I'll take a look at this.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

On the DVD issue. JRMC is passing the file:"D:\Rambo\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.dvd"

which doesnt exist, it should be "D:\Rambo\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.ifo"

Not sure if there is much you can do about that.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Any chance this could be made to work on the standard STV? I haven't used the SageMC interface since the standard works well for me but this import would be the ticket for me since I use JRMC and have until now resorted exporting smartlists from JRMC to m3u files and reimportig these into Sage into order to get my smartlists into Sage. Of course I have to do the export/import process everytime one of my smartlists changes which is a pain. If it were relatively easy to make this work in the standard STV it would be very cool.

Cheers
Lester
English Proverb. Collected in: George Herbert, Jacula Prudentum (1651).
Old 04-02-2008, 08:11 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Jacobs View Post
Any chance this could be made to work on the standard STV? I haven't used the SageMC interface since the standard works well for me but this import would be the ticket for me since I use JRMC and have until now resorted exporting smartlists from JRMC to m3u files and reimportig these into Sage into order to get my smartlists into Sage. Of course I have to do the export/import process everytime one of my smartlists changes which is a pain. If it were relatively easy to make this work in the standard STV it would be very cool.
I will consider this but unfortunately the Standard STV and SageMC are different enough that it is necessary to create and maintain 2 different imports.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
I will consider this but unfortunately the Standard STV and SageMC are different enough that it is necessary to create and maintain 2 different imports.
Thanks for your reply. I understand the issue in managing two code bases. Hopefully somethign similar will show up for the standard STV in the future.

Cheers
Lester
English Proverb. Collected in: George Herbert, Jacula Prudentum (1651).
Old 04-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Sage Icon

Note that I just posted a minor update that addresses DVD playback and some other things.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

thanks cncb! gonna try the new version out asap.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

DVD playback works great. I love that i can just access my root VIDEO viewscheme and see all the sub viewschemes below it.

One thing i did was set the root VIDEO view to not show any files, that way when i browse to it in sage i only see the sub views.

One issue that ive had since the first version is that i have a hard time going back to the main menu (HOME) from the JRMC explorer views. often times i press the button on my remote that sends the HOME command or press the HOME key on the keyboard and it does nothing, it will back me out to the JRMC root that i specified (VIDEO\\). But i cant get back to main menu. The only way is if i actually play the media, which takes me to the sage player video or audio then i can press home.

another thing to note too is that if i keep pressing left i will back out further than my root. i can go back two levels. This is actually a good thing, although it might cause some confusion.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:10 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
One issue that ive had since the first version is that i have a hard time going back to the main menu (HOME) from the JRMC explorer views. often times i press the button on my remote that sends the HOME command or press the HOME key on the keyboard and it does nothing, it will back me out to the JRMC root that i specified (VIDEO\\). But i cant get back to main menu. The only way is if i actually play the media, which takes me to the sage player video or audio then i can press home.

another thing to note too is that if i keep pressing left i will back out further than my root. i can go back two levels. This is actually a good thing, although it might cause some confusion.
I have seen this too. Both of these issues are due to the JRMC plugin library path getting out of sync due to the initial HomePath not being quite right. I will try to address this in a future update.

In the meantime please check your HomePaths in the menu file. In this case the problem most likely is the unnecessary path separator you have at end (i.e. it should be just "Video" instead of "Video\\").
Old 04-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

removing the double slashes worked, it will now go home.

Thanks again!~
Old 04-18-2008, 06:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Couple quick questions:
- will this work with the Jukebox or JRMC v10? I saw someone else asked but it appears no one has tested it yet. I only use JRMC for music and am still on v10, do you know if V10 work or do I need to upgrade?

- does this work on the MVP clients? Or does it require PC clients?

- Can different MVPs access different smartlists at the same time? I could have up to 3 different MVPs accessing at the same time and want to make sure it's not a problem. Based on my limited understanding - it's Sage playing the music, and JRMC is providing all the library smarts so it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks!
Old 04-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFisher View Post
Couple quick questions:
- will this work with the Jukebox or JRMC v10? I saw someone else asked but it appears no one has tested it yet. I only use JRMC for music and am still on v10, do you know if V10 work or do I need to upgrade?

- does this work on the MVP clients? Or does it require PC clients?

- Can different MVPs access different smartlists at the same time? I could have up to 3 different MVPs accessing at the same time and want to make sure it's not a problem. Based on my limited understanding - it's Sage playing the music, and JRMC is providing all the library smarts so it shouldn't be a problem.
I did a quick test with the new free Jukebox and it seemed to work ok. Unfortunately you will need v12 of JRMC because of changes to the automation interfaces and other things.

It works great on extenders - I am using it on both an MVP and a STX-HD100. It should be ok accessing it from multiple extenders at the same time but I have not tried it (I have accessed it from 3 extenders just not at exactly the same time).
Old 04-18-2008, 11:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

cool, thanks. this is my planned weekend for this project - so I'll let you know how it goes. I'll try the free jukebox first... and let you know if it works on multiple extenders at the same time.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Sage User

Dose it work for Placeshifter b4 i do my head right in ? thank u
Old 04-21-2008, 09:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxoman View Post
Dose it work for Placeshifter b4 i do my head right in ?
It works with extenders so I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. But I don't have a copy of Placeshifter to test...
Old 05-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Sage User

Problem setting up this STV

Hi,

I installed the plugin and followed exactly your instruction, but somehow, it is still not working...

I think is may be due to what I put in the menu:

<menu title="Music">
<internalScreenMenuItem screen="JRMC Library Explorer" title="lsimArtists">
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("HomePath","Audio\\Artist/Album")</evalExpression>
</internalScreenMenuItem>
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem screen="JRMC Music Mix" title="Mix">
<evalExpression> </evalExpression>
</internalScreenMenuItem>
<!-- -->
</menu>

I try changing HomePath for the path where my music reside, I tryed with a drive letters and with the smb path, with and without the escape caracter, nothing does it...

I am running JRMC 12 server on the same pc as Sage

The behaviour is as soon as I press on Artiston the Sage menu, I get JRMC interface that pop up (even if it isn't started), and the hourglass on SageTV, until I get this screen (see attachement)

I also tried enabling multiples instances, to no luck...

I put the debug on the server and the client, but no error come out...

I'm sure it is something stupid, but I cannot put my finger on it...

I don't know what else to do... help !

Z.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp untitled.bmp (225.1 KB, 234 views)
Old 05-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorglub View Post
The behaviour is as soon as I press on Artiston the Sage menu, I get JRMC interface that pop up (even if it isn't started), and the hourglass on SageTV, until I get this screen (see attachement)
You see the JRMC software pop up whenever you select the menu item in Sage? This is strange but suggests that your setup is ok (it is connecting to JRMC ok).

Your Sage menu item looks ok. What happens when you select the "Mix" menu item? One thing to check is to shut down Sage and JRMC and then go into the Task Manager and make sure there aren't any extra "Media Center 12.exe" running (and then try Sage again).