SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

New HD Extender and having problems already

So, my new HD Extender finally came in the mail. The wife has been bugging me to get another client set up in the bedroom and I used this as an opportunity to order the extender as soon as it came in stock.

After unboxing it and connecting everything up to use it in the living room (and move the current client system to the bedroom) I've already ran into a problem.

It seems that the client is having issues with the timestamp info on any of my recordings from my HDHOMERUN. Anything that is listed as MPEG2-PS plays fine, but the MPEG2-TS files will not allow me to fast-forward, rewind, or skip. As soon as I start the playback, the position indicator on the playback bar skips to the end and just sits there. If I don't try to skip/rewind/ff it seems to play fine.

Anyone else having these issues? I'm running version 6.3.10.166.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:40 PM
Sage Icon

How are you generating the MPEG2-TS files? I suspect you are using this 'mmc/encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream=false' in your properties file. This is known to cause issues and is not recommended.
I recently got this reply when I questioned support about their request to have me set that property false:
If you record in TS format, you may have a timeline problem, because we don't have PTS-Fix on TS recording,
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, I do have that setting configured for false. I will switch it back to true to test it out. I remember having to set it to false though becuase the client machines couldn't read the timeframe info correctly from the HDHomeRun recordings. For example, if I pressed the skip button to move forward 3 minutes, sometimes it would move forward a minute, or 5 minutes, or even back a couple minutes.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

This sounds similar to the issues discussed in this thread. I've been having issues like this for the last week or so on a new system, but only on certain channels, which is what others are reporting. I went to the very latest beta versions of both the software and firmware and they are improved and possibly eliminated. I'm not sure but I'm still testing. Maybe this will help.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well, I tested it today by recording something off Sci-fi and it worked by changing the setting back to true. Considering some of the other files that I was having issues with were recorded on Sci-fi, I'm hoping that will fix the issue.