SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
I got my replacement HD PVR a week ago and it has been going strong ever since. It is now my primary encoder. I'll definitely be placing an order for a second one as soon as they are available again.

BTW, I'm recording using the Great quality setting, which yields about 4GB/hr. SD looks noticeably better than my other tuners ever did and HD is simply amazing.

Aloha,
Mike
What are you running? I cannot get my HD picture using the HD-PVR to compare to the HD from my receiver.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by camens View Post
What are you running? I cannot get my HD picture using the HD-PVR to compare to the HD from my receiver.
I use the HD100 for all viewing. I never want to mess with another decoder again.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 06-18-2008, 09:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
<sigh> I'm an overheater too...only a few seconds of video before nothing. All disks stop, TS files aren't changing, just a red light.

I've got choppy video to boot, but I think that's likely related to something else I'll have to figure out once I get a working unit. For the record, I'm a 2108 build week on stock drivers.

Sounds like it's a hardware issue, though...per the post above mine.
Turns out I'm NOT an overheater. Despite the fact that my PC Hardware Config said I had a USB2.0 bus, that was apparently inaccurate. On a hunch, I bought a PCI USB 2.0 card, stuck it in, and voila. All seems to be working so far.

Strange to me that I had identical symptoms as the rest...my CD was corrupt, so I couldn't test with TME software until I got a copy from someone. When it worked there, I started looking at my hardware.

Good luck to all...
Media Server / NAS:
Case: Thermaltake Armor CPU: AMD Opteron 1218 (2.6GHz Dual Core) Motherboard: ASUS MN2-LR Memory: 2GB Gfx Card: Headless Tuner: Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge PVR-350 (not in use) O/S: Windows 7 Sage: Latest RAID: On-Board Drives: 6 x 1.5TB SATA RAID-5, 2 x 80GB IDE RAID-1 (O/S) Storage: 7.5TB Total
Old 06-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Sage User

just got my "new" unit in (RMA return). it had a note in the box saying the engineering group found the error like SHS mentioned. also gave me a cd w/ driver version 1.0b. going try the unit and will post results.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:23 PM
Sage User

initial thoughts are very positive. the device at least works. have to figure out a good medium between recording rate and playability on my HTPC. also will let it record some shows to make sure it doesn't hang. but much more happy than i was w/ the defective unit.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:34 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
I got mine back today also, and it works!!! I definately was not crazy. Also, I am not hugely concerned because I have USBUIRT, but I couldn't get the IR blaster to work. I am going to wait for a few revisions of the drivers etc.. before I look into that.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

I got my replacment HDPVR today.. first one was an overheater.

I got the new one running under arcsoft but under sagetv I dont get any picture.

This was my debugging steps.

1. Stopped SageTV, started arcsoft see a picures there
2. Closed archsoft, started sage - no picture
3. I have a hdhomerun too which works fine but to avoid confusion I removed that source. Pulled up a channel from hdpvr - no picture
4. removed and readded hdpvr as a source, made sure it was on composite - no picure
5. I installed the new hdpvr drivers(from cd with repalcement unit), rebooted machine - no picture.
6.I checked my sagetv version 6.3.10.166 ( believed to be newest or new enough) - no change so of course no picture
7.shut down sage and reloaded arcsoft to make sure everything was still running - had a picture there.
8. closed archsoft and started sage - no picture.

my test for a picture was pull up guide and pick a channel and click watch now.

I am not sure if the irblaster is really working and chaning the channel so I wouldnt be upset if i got the wrong channel but the fact that every switch to arsoft gives me a picture but sage doesnt has me confused..
Old 06-20-2008, 08:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by personalt View Post
6.I checked my sagetv version 6.3.10.166 ( believed to be newest or new enough) - no change so of course no picture
There's your problem. You need the latest beta 6.4.4

S
Old 06-21-2008, 04:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

I upgraded to 6.4.4 but still have the problem. It looks like the upgrade took as there are a few more choices to the HDPVR unit in setup(there are more sources to pick from)

but when I go to watch live tv I get nothing but I still have a good picture in arcsoft if I stop sage and fire it up.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

You didn't say how you were trying to play the video from Sage (directly from the server, MVP, HD100?).

If from your server or a client, did you change your video decoders to ArcSoft?

If from the HD100 did you download the latest Beta firmware? (I did not get any video until I did this)

If you are using an MVP I don't think you will have any success.

Hope this helps.

Wayne
Old 06-22-2008, 08:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am using the HD100.... I didnt know about the beta drivers but once I did that I got video. I still got some work to do to get the serial connection working to change channels but I have done that before so I am almost there.

I didnt see anything but was there any easily found FAQ that says, hey if you got a HD-PVR you need to update everything to beta? With all the HDPVRs that would sold I am sure there are a lot of NON hard core users that dont read every forum message that are getting stuck in the same place as me and quitting.

but I thank all the help I got here....
Old 06-22-2008, 05:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

The "beta" drivers that were floating around for a while are no different than the 1.0A drivers that shipped on the CD with the first round of HD-PVRs... and the 1.0A drivers work fine if you managed to get a good box...

If you ended up getting a defective (overheating) HD-PVR and sent it in on RMA, then the reworked unit they ship back to you will contain a CD with the 1.0B drivers. I suspect that these drivers include support to enable and disable the fan that they installed in the case when the unit is encoding HD... of course there may be other fixes as well.

-Dan