SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:34 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Bertelson View Post
I tried rebooting a couple of times last night and I will try the pandora port change but I don't think it is something with sage.

mbowling are you running vista, I am?
I think you guys are having somewhat different problems but in any case in the next update (will be ready soon) I hope to have the option to use Mozilla as the underlying browser instead of IE. Hopefully this will solve some problems.

For what it's worth, I use IE and Vista without any problems.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
mbowling are you running vista, I am?
No, this is a recent installation of XP SP3.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Sage Icon

I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowling View Post
Well, I had it working for a few days. Yesterday, Pandora was playing fine through Sage. Today when I came home from work I selected "Connect to Player" and the Pandora window opened and music started playing. However, the screen in SageMC says "Not connected".
I finally am seeing the same behavior today. It appears that they made some changes to the Pandora website. I should have a fix soon with the next update.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Gracias

System:
AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 4400+ 2.30GHz\2GB RAM\Vista HomeSP2\HDHomerun_firmware_20090802\nVIDIA GeForce 8500GT 8500 GT 512MB\Optical Out to reciever
Software:
SageTV:6.6.2.218|SageMC:6.3.9a pre-release 41|Metadata tools:3.1|Java: 1.6.0_13|sagemc.jar: 6.3.8|Phoenix.jar: 1.43
Old 12-04-2008, 10:00 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
I finally am seeing the same behavior today. It appears that they made some changes to the Pandora website. I should have a fix soon with the next update.
I noticed while using google chrome today then when switching channels in pandora they now will run a ad. This has only happened once but I did notice it happen and doesn't happen all the time.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Sage Icon

v1.2 Update

I just posted the v1.2 update with a fix for the recent Pandora website changes and some other updates. I gave up on trying to get Mozilla to work as the underlying browser for now due to some problems I encountered but hopefully the IE problems will be solved with this update.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you for posting the update cncb.

Version 1.2 fixed my problem of not connecting to the player properly from SageMC. I did notice that the first time I connected to the player the station was listed as --- (three dashes). When I changed stations it updated to the correct station name. Other than that everything looks great!

I use your plug-in quite a bit to listen to Pandora. Thank you for putting in the time and effort to develop it!
Old 12-07-2008, 09:54 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowling View Post
Version 1.2 fixed my problem of not connecting to the player properly from SageMC.
I'm glad it seems to be working for you again.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Sage Icon

Holiday Music

For anyone who is interested, Pandora seems to have a nice selection of Holiday genre stations. You can add these to your station list by clicking on the "Holiday" genre category below the player and selecting a station in the list that is shown (you can do this in the external player window or on any other computer that is logged into your Pandora account). They will then be available in your station list in Sage.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Pandora seems to have a nice selection of Holiday genre stations.
I agree, the Pandora Holiday genre stations are a nice addition. The Jazz Holiday station is great for background music and the Rockin' Holiday station has some good livelier tunes. The high quality random tunes through the Pandora plug-in are contributing to a higher WAF for SageTV!
Old 12-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Sage Icon

Still Listening Prompt

I have noticed several times with playing the holiday stations that the player stops and appears to be stuck. This is due to a prompt that needs to be responded to in the actual Pandora player external browser window where they want to make sure you are still listening and haven't walked away while leaving the player going (it seems like they have recently decreased the amount of listening time for this but I'm not sure).

In any case, I have found that if you issue the "Pause" command in Sage from your remote (or keyboard) it will close the prompt and continue playing.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I have noticed several times with playing the holiday stations that the player stops and appears to be stuck. This is due to a prompt that needs to be responded to in the actual Pandora player external browser window where they want to make sure you are still listening and haven't walked away while leaving the player going (it seems like they have recently decreased the amount of listening time for this but I'm not sure).

In any case, I have found that if you issue the "Pause" command in Sage from your remote (or keyboard) it will close the prompt and continue playing.
I believe the idle timeout it 1 hour for free subscribers and 5 hours for paid subs.

BTW I just wanted to take a second and say a huge thank you to cncb for taking the time to create this great plugin!
So Thanks!
Old 12-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox View Post
I believe the idle timeout it 1 hour for free subscribers and 5 hours for paid subs.

BTW I just wanted to take a second and say a huge thank you to cncb for taking the time to create this great plugin!
So Thanks!
You're welcome. I'm glad you guys are enjoying it.

I think they may have decreased the timeout recently because I rarely used to run into it before but I seem to be encountering it often now (although I am kind of listening to the Holiday stuff "unattended").
Old 12-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox View Post
My wife and I decided to support Pandora and pay the $36.00 for a one year subscription. The timeout period did increase to 5 hours.

The huge variety of music available that is based on our personal preferences is awesome. We are pretty frugal so it must be good stuff for us to part with 36 bucks.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Sage User

Okay, this is strange. I've been using this great plugin for a couple of months now and it worked flawlessly...until Pandora made their changes to the website and the music would play but no information would display on Sage. So I downloaded and installed the v1.2 update and now when I select 'Connect to Player' nothing ever happens...the Java app never opens.

I don't have a firewall but I changed the port a few times anyways with no luck. I can start the player from the command prompt (java -jar "c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv\cncb\PandoraPlayer.jar" 2908) just fine. I've rebooted (more than once). I've tried loading the STVi from the original SageMC STV (with no other plugins) and also went out of SageMC, back to the original Sage STV, and used that STVi as well. Still no luck...the Java app will not open through Sage.

I am running the latest version of Sage (not beta) using the Sage Client on an HTPC and run in service mode. Are there any ideas on what I'm missing? I must be overlooking something since it worked in the past but I'm totally out of ideas...
Old 12-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTech View Post
I am running the latest version of Sage (not beta) using the Sage Client on an HTPC and run in service mode. Are there any ideas on what I'm missing? I must be overlooking something since it worked in the past but I'm totally out of ideas...
Maybe try to unzip the update again and make sure you overwrite any existing files? You could also try to delete all "pandora/" properties in your client .Properties file.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the quick reply! I've tried both. I even downloaded the plugin again for a fresh copy. But I'll try again when I get home from work, just in case I made a silly mistake.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Sage User

I tried both suggestions again... Still nothing. This is very strange. I haven't changed anything in my configuration so I am at a total loss as to why it worked with v1.1 and not with v1.2.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I tried both suggestions again... Still nothing. This is very strange. I haven't changed anything in my configuration so I am at a total loss as to why it worked with v1.1 and not with v1.2.
same thing is happening to me. I try to connect to player and nothing.

Vista home premium with sagemc.

Tried it on my XP pro machine and it worked. I noticed that I got a security warning though from windows(this is the first time running it though).

Last edited by AJ Bertelson; 12-09-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Can you try to post your STV file that you get after you do the import? I can try to see if something funny is going on during import. Otherwise, I don't know what it would be since you can run it from the command line ok. Do you have SageTV installed in a different location other than the default 'c' drive?