SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Sage User

Sure. I'll try to post it tonight...

..But I'm now thinking I might have a bigger problem unrelated to the Pandora plugin. Last night, I sat down to watch a Netflix Watch It Now show and after about 2 minutes, the netflix viewer just disappeared--the process shut down on its own. It did this for every show I tried to watch on Netflix. It would run fine for about 2 minutes, then the viewer would just disappear. I don't know if these two issues are related but I doubt it is coincidence that both plugins that I use would stop working around the same time.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Big Thanks

My girlfriend and I love this plugin!

Thanks for the update... ...and Nice work!

Wirenut
Old 12-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Sage User

Help...2 Pandora Menu buttons

I am a novice when it comes to installing additional features into Sage .

Previously I had Pandora Radio working 100% OK in SageTV. I just now downloaded, unzipped and overwrote the updated plugin files to their respective directory locations (I didn't trust my unzip abilities to preserve directory structure, so I manually wrote the files to their proper locations.

I may have screwed up...In the cnbc\lib\ directory I copied the three new files in, but one of the three OLD files was not overwritten (swt-3.4M7-win32-win32-x86). I left it there and then started Sage.

Now I have two menu buttons that say "Pandora Radio" (I think that leaving that old file in there caused me to have a second button). After I closed Sage and delete the old file, restarting Sage, I still have two buttons. How do I get rid of one of the Pandora Radio Buttons?

Local Sage Machine: NVIDIA nForce 680I LT SLI Motherboard, Intel® Core™2 Quad processor with 8MB cache, 2 GB of PC5400 DDR2, 7.1 channel Integrated audio, gigabit LAN, GeForce 8500GT 512MB PCI-Express video. HDHR and PCI NVidea dual tuner.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Sage User

OK, I figured it out.....

I edited the sage.properties file to load in the PRIOR STV version (the version that had NO Pandora menu buttons). I then went through the steps for loading this plugin from scratch.

A new STV was created, and this time it contained one menu button for Pandora Radio, and it used the lastest version of the Pandora/SageTV plugin.

Local Sage Machine: NVIDIA nForce 680I LT SLI Motherboard, Intel® Core™2 Quad processor with 8MB cache, 2 GB of PC5400 DDR2, 7.1 channel Integrated audio, gigabit LAN, GeForce 8500GT 512MB PCI-Express video. HDHR and PCI NVidea dual tuner.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarty View Post
Now I have two menu buttons that say "Pandora Radio" (I think that leaving that old file in there caused me to have a second button). After I closed Sage and delete the old file, restarting Sage, I still have two buttons. How do I get rid of one of the Pandora Radio Buttons?
You can safely delete the old "swt..." file in the cncb/lib directory - it doesn't have anything to do with your issue. It sounds like you may have imported the STVi on top of the old one. You need to start with the original STV without any imports (SageMC_169.xml or SageTV3.xml) and import the updated STVi from there. Or you can start from an STV that has other imports but you know doesn't have the Pandora import installed (SageMC_169-1.xml, etc.). I think the new version of the Default STV can track changes to STVi's/imports and can automatically rebuild the STV with the updated imports so you don't have to worry about this.

Edit: Nevermind - glad you got it working.

Last edited by cncb; 12-10-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
I just posted the v1.2 update with a fix for the recent Pandora website changes and some other updates....
I am now having the same "Not connected" problems ... What would be the BEST way to reload the new version. I have made changes on both my server and extenders and have no idea which was the last SageTV3-xx.xml file.

At one time I saw posted that we should not reload stvi over each other ... What would be our other options

-Craig
1 notebook 1G of RAM 1.6Ghz Windows XP Home & 2 desktops win2k P3
Orig Ver: Sage 2.2
Old 12-10-2008, 01:27 PM
SageTVaholic

If you can't figure out what was the last SageTV3-xx.xml then use the original SageTV3.xml file and import the plugin. Of course you will have to reimport any other plugins. Once you import the Pandora plugin it should now be the highest numbered SageTV3-xx.xml. I usually delete all the -xx.xml ones for cleanup if I know I'm doing something like this. Makes it easier to keep track.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

I guess now would be a good time to upgrade to the latest ver. of SAGE and check out the STVi batch importer

Thanks
Craig
1 notebook 1G of RAM 1.6Ghz Windows XP Home & 2 desktops win2k P3
Orig Ver: Sage 2.2
Old 12-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Sage User

It turns out I was overlooking something silly. My v1.1 STVi was in the SageTV3 subdirectory within the STV folder...but the v1.2 STVi was in the STV root folder. So every time I thought I was importing the 1.2 version, I was actually importing the 1.1 version. Doh!

Anyways, it actually turned out that my other issue with the Netflix plugin _was_ something completely different and a total coincidence. That issue was because the DVD Profiler Auto Meta Data setting was enabled. I've had problems with this feature in the past--the info details of a show would randomly pop up while watching Sage but I had thought it was fixed so I had turned it back on recently. ...I guess it isn't completely fixed.

That said, everything is back up and running smooth again.

Cncb, thanks a lot for your help...and for the awesome plugin you developed! I'm normally a quiet lurker on these boards so I don't voice my appreciation as much as I should to you and everyone else who makes these great addons to Sage. Thank you!
Old 12-11-2008, 10:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Arghhhhhhh

I thought I knew what I was doing.

I have imported the latest version and it won't work.
first I tried with the default STV. I imported it and I did NOT get a new menu in media center.
next I imported it into sageMC, created the new menu item. not I get a black screen that says "not connected"

I am running vista 64bit could that be a problem?

from the command line I try
java -jar "c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv\cncb\PandoraPlayer.jar"

I get an error message that 'java' is not recognized.????????

all I have in my sageclient .properties is the following 3 lines about pandora

pandora/controlapp={sagedir}\\cncb\\PandoraWinCom.exe
pandora/controlargs={command}
pandora/id=MYID
pandora/previewsize=1.0

any help is appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2008, 05:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Works on my Vista 64 bit.

Did you Import the STVI and not Load STV?
Are you using java version 6?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

well it's working now. I don't know what I did differently.

I loaded the default STV, then imported (again) and it worked!
next I imported it into SageMC and it worked there also. I tried it like 3 times previously.

Oh well I'm happy now
Old 12-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

When selecting "Connect to Player" the plug-in connects to Pandora and music starts playing but the on-screen text never changes from "Connecting...". I've rebooted my computer and tried several times with no luck. It was working fine yesterday. Is anyone else having this problem?
Old 12-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowling View Post
When selecting "Connect to Player" the plug-in connects to Pandora and music starts playing but the on-screen text never changes from "Connecting...". I've rebooted my computer and tried several times with no luck. It was working fine yesterday. Is anyone else having this problem?
Any chance you changed your system configuration at all? I ran into this a few days ago but I was trying out a new firewall at the time that I couldn't get configured properly. I went back to the Windows Firewall and everything is good again.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Any chance you changed your system configuration at all?
Hi cncb,

I hadn't made any configuration changes so I decided to try another reboot. It didn't help. So in desperation I decided to try a cold boot. When I turned the computer on and tried the Pandora plug-in it connected normally. I'm not sure what kind of underlying problem this might be indicating, but it's working again!
Old 01-11-2009, 10:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hey hey
Thanks again for this amazing plugin! I use it almost everytime I listen to music through Sage Now
I do have a question thought, I have been playing with the preset genre stations and was hoping it would be possible to add this as part of the interface. Right now I just add them to my station but I would love for it to be a separate option so All of the genre stations dont clog up my actual station presets.
would this be possible?

even without out this I will continue to love and use this daily!
Old 01-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by boognish View Post
I do have a question thought, I have been playing with the preset genre stations and was hoping it would be possible to add this as part of the interface. Right now I just add them to my station but I would love for it to be a separate option so All of the genre stations dont clog up my actual station presets.
would this be possible?
Unfortunately, I don't think this would be possible. Even through Pandora's browser interface I don't see a way to listen to a Genre station without adding it to your station list?
Old 01-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Unfortunately, I don't think this would be possible. Even through Pandora's browser interface I don't see a way to listen to a Genre station without adding it to your station list?
thant makes sense.. i didnt look into it enough to see if there was a default generic feed for it.. thanks for looking!
Old 02-06-2009, 01:35 PM

Stations Not Showing up

Greetings,

Just installed Sage 6.5 & the Pandora plugin on a Vista32 machine.

When I select the 'Stations item in the Sage Menu, a new window appears, promising to show me my stations and allow me to select, but it never populates this window with the stations themselves.

Any idea what I might have missed?

TIA
Old 02-06-2009, 04:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubenelgenubi View Post
Greetings,

Just installed Sage 6.5 & the Pandora plugin on a Vista32 machine.

When I select the 'Stations item in the Sage Menu, a new window appears, promising to show me my stations and allow me to select, but it never populates this window with the stations themselves.

Any idea what I might have missed?

TIA
I would check your Station ID and make sure it is set correctly. This is NOT your logon, but the random generated code from the URL's. Check the 'One-Time Setup' section from the download section.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room