SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Sage Icon

Sorry, I'm not sure why the buttons aren't working. Make sure you are not running SagePandoraPlayer.exe from a service or another user name.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:45 AM
Sage User

Black Screen with SageMC

I setup the Pandora plug-in using the default STV and it works beautifully. However, when I switch to SageMC and enter the Pandora "connect to" screen all I see is a black screen with white text pushed up into the upper left hand corner. I followed the setup and created Pandora menu item on the main screen but the follow on screen is the problem. I'm new to SageMC.

M
Old 02-22-2010, 12:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlldrl View Post
I setup the Pandora plug-in using the default STV and it works beautifully. However, when I switch to SageMC and enter the Pandora "connect to" screen all I see is a black screen with white text pushed up into the upper left hand corner. I followed the setup and created Pandora menu item on the main screen but the follow on screen is the problem. I'm new to SageMC.
I have seen this before with a fresh import. It usually is fixed by a restart of Sage. Otherwise, you might want to try to do the import again from the base SageMC STV.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:00 PM
Sage User

Worked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
I have seen this before with a fresh import. It usually is fixed by a restart of Sage. Otherwise, you might want to try to do the import again from the base SageMC STV.
You da man! Worked. Thank you.

M
Old 05-31-2010, 09:19 PM
Sage User

New SageMC installation, can't skip songs

Hopefully this thread is still getting support.

Just installed SageMC on a Windows 7 box with .NET 2.0 and IE8 and Flash 10. Installed the Pandora plug-in and configured my station ID.

I can select and play stations no problem but can't skip songs or use thumb up/down. When the songs play, the artist and track information are correctly displayed.

I've tried both the Java and the .NET player window, and both seem to have the same issue.

SageMC is running as a desktop app (not a service).

It seems like others have had similar problems, but I can't seem to figure out how to get this working.

Help! This is otherwise a very cool plug-in!
Old 06-01-2010, 07:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by foobysmacker View Post
I can select and play stations no problem but can't skip songs or use thumb up/down. When the songs play, the artist and track information are correctly displayed.

I've tried both the Java and the .NET player window, and both seem to have the same issue.
I looked into this in detail after upgrading to Windows 7 and having the same issue. It appears that the new version of Internet Explorer (8) does not behave the same as the older versions in that the Flash Player won't accept keyboard commands (which is the only way the plugin can control the player) until you physically click inside the player with your mouse. You could:

1) Use Eventghost or similar software to run a "macro" after the player window is loaded that simulates a mouse click in the Pandora player window and then refocus Sage. This only has to happen once and then the control commands should work until you close the player window.

2) Use Boxee which has an integrated Pandora player (that I think was developed by Pandora and has direct communication/doesn't use standard player web page).

3) Get a Blu-ray player or other device with Pandora playback built-in (this is what I did).

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Sage User

Thanks for the quick response. Seems to be pretty straightforward to setup, so I may downgrade to an XP image I have for this machine if it means getting SageMC and Pandora to work. The machine drives an in-wall touchscreen for "everyone else in the family" and Pandora has become a pretty highly demanded feature.

Boxee's integration is well-done, but from what I've seen it's fundamentally a content-driven interface that strongly favors a remote control. Getting Boxee to work with a touchscreen AND customizing the UI for my needs is way too much work.

A bluray player won't work for the in-wall touchscreen, but I certainly appreciate the recommendation.

Thanks for all the work on this plug-in.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

If you are using the pay-version of Pandora you can import the Slimplayer pluggin and access Pandora with that. The free version of Pandora can't be setup though.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Sage Fanatic

The free version of PlayOn (PlayOn Lite) will stream Pandora and then you could just use the UPnP Plugin. I think selecting the radio station would be touch friendly, I'm not sure about skipping stations after that (can't remember if there's an OSD) that shows up with the uPnP stuff and how that works.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Update??

Will this app get updated for Sagetv V7?
Old 10-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alton987 View Post
Will this app get updated for Sagetv V7?
Sorry, no. I'm still in the same situation as described a few posts up. If it is still working for you, you could try your hand at Studio to update the UI (everything behind the scenes should work the same as before).