SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
I just posted an update that allows you to see Artist information, search for an Artist, and create a station from an Artist (see download page for some additional screenshots).
Love these additions - can't wait to try the out tonight. Thanks again for your work on this Craig!
Old 07-21-2008, 01:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

the new features look great!! will i have to re-import the stvi or just copy the new files over the old ones? Gonna try this out soon and was just curious
thanks

edit:
Because I was excited to get this working.. i just went ahead and re-imported the stvi. Everything is working great! I love the new additions to this plugin.. thanks for all you have done!!

Last edited by boognish; 07-21-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
Did you setup your stations id correctly (see instructions on download page)?
Turns out it was a case sensitive issue. My id is all lowercase and SageMC input from the ui is all upper case. I changed it in the sageclient.properties file to lowercase and I can now choose my stations. Thanks for the plugin. It has been great to introduce my twenty something & teenage kids to something they actually think is cool.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Sage User

Excellent Plugin

Craig, Great Plugin. My wife and I have been waiting for this for a very long time. I'm glad I don't have to listen to my wifes Pandora on her laptop speakers anymore playing endless throughout the house.

I do have a couple small configuration questions? I do have it working, but am missing a few 'tweaks'. On the Sage Client I can do everything except skip songs. It says that it is skipping, but it never skips. I don't know if the thumbs up/down is actually working or not Change stations works perfectly. I have the Set Station ID set correctly, which is how I can view the stations.

Second part of the question involves the STX-HD100. I followed the S-Video and Audio out configuration. It works like a charm. From you directions I need to change the pandora/channel, which I can find in the properties, but I wasn't sure where to define the channel that I use for my S-Video. My properties line appears as follows and I am using channel 999 for S-Video.
GetProperty( "pandora/channel", "0&quot
I have the pandora/channel in two places w/in my properties file. Second issue w/ the STX-HD100 is that I have to Set Station ID's again (from the client configuration), and it only allows upper case. I can't seem to find .properties file for the STX-HD100 similar to the sageclient.properties that would allow me to manually change the case.

I am sure I am missing something simple. Thanks for the help. This plugin Rocks!!!
Old 07-23-2008, 06:31 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words. I'm glad you are enjoying it.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:43 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc View Post
I do have a couple small configuration questions? I do have it working, but am missing a few 'tweaks'. On the Sage Client I can do everything except skip songs. It says that it is skipping, but it never skips. I don't know if the thumbs up/down is actually working or not Change stations works perfectly. I have the Set Station ID set correctly, which is how I can view the stations.
Does Play/Pause also not work (press Pause button on remote)? This uses the same mechanism which is a small external app in the "cncb" subdirectory. This could not be working if you don't have the .NET framework v2.0 installed (see setup instruction for a link). If Play/Pause is working then you may have passed your hourly limit of skipping (enforced by Pandora).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc View Post
Second part of the question involves the STX-HD100. I followed the S-Video and Audio out configuration. It works like a charm. From you directions I need to change the pandora/channel, which I can find in the properties, but I wasn't sure where to define the channel that I use for my S-Video. My properties line appears as follows and I am using channel 999 for S-Video.
GetProperty( "pandora/channel", "0&quot
I have the pandora/channel in two places w/in my properties file. Second issue w/ the STX-HD100 is that I have to Set Station ID's again (from the client configuration), and it only allows upper case. I can't seem to find .properties file for the STX-HD100 similar to the sageclient.properties that would allow me to manually change the case.
Just put the channel number in the Properties file like so:
pandora/channel=999

It should only be there once.

The Properties file for the STX-HD100 will be one in the "clients" subdirectory of SageTV. You do have to set the Stations ID for each client. If you are using SageMC you can switch the case when inputting your ID in the interface by pressing the Guide button. I'm not sure if this works for the Default STV.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:20 AM
Sage User

Thanks for the fast response.

I installed .Net 2.0, but I did not test the stop and pause on the client. I know they did not work on the STX-HD100. They probably did not work on the client either. I will reinstall .Net and I am sure that will resolve the issue.

I am using SageMC, and I did not know that Guide changed the case. Great information and will fix the case ID issue. If not I will edit it in the clients folder. Setting the channel to =999 will be snap. Not sure why it is in the properties twice, but I will set it on both just to be safe or setup a new properties file.

Thanks again for the great plugin.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
i just gotta say great work
Old 07-24-2008, 08:54 AM
Sage User

I'm still confused how this config would effect my current setup. I have:

1)On PC 1 I'm running WinXP, SageTV 6.3.5, Dual 500 Tuner, daughter a/v card, 500Gig storage for video and SageTv is running as a service
2)On PC 2 I have WinXP, shared drive for my music and pictures.
3)Hauppauge MVP for SDTV

Usage habits: 70% off the MVP, 30% off the PC

I want to add the Pandora feature for my MVP. So here are my questions:

Do I need to load both the .STVi and .xml files?

For audio to be streamed over my network do I need to setup a dummy channel, i.e "999", as mentioned in the Netflix post (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...33731&page=3)?
or
As an option I could run a 3.5mm audio cable with splitter to my receiver and launch the Pandora app on the PC from the extender (I believe this is how it works). I have a second audio card, how can I associate that with Pandora and still have the first card available for music played locally on the pc?

How does the setting "allow service to interact with desktop" effect my usage habits listed above? What does the user experience from the MVP and the PC?

Sorry if some of these questions are basic but I just want some clarification. Thx
Old 07-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc8367 View Post
Do I need to load both the .STVi and .xml files?
No, you load just one based on the STV you are using (the .stvi for the Default STV and the .xml for SageMC).

Quote:
As an option I could run a 3.5mm audio cable with splitter to my receiver and launch the Pandora app on the PC from the extender (I believe this is how it works). I have a second audio card, how can I associate that with Pandora and still have the first card available for music played locally on the pc?
This is essentially what I do but with a digital output from my sound card. You have to set up the second sound card for Pandora as the default sound device in Windows (Sounds item from Control Panel). Then, you have to set up your music player/software to use the first sound card for output instead of the default one to listen to music locally on your PC (this varies based on what music playback software you are using).

Quote:
How does the setting "allow service to interact with desktop" effect my usage habits listed above? What does the user experience from the MVP and the PC?
This setting just allows the Pandora Player window to work when you are using service mode. The MVP and server PC will share the same Pandora Player so you will hear the same Pandora music on the server PC if you are monitoring that sound card output locally as well.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Sage User

This is pretty cool, nice work. My station list still comes up blank, not sure why. My id (not the complete url) is in there.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Sage User

Got it fixed
Old 07-25-2008, 10:29 AM
SageTVaholic

I installed this on my SageTV server without any issues, but the SageTV client install is not working. I have .Net 3.0 installed (just like the server), but when I click to connect to Pandora, it just sits there. No Java window ever comes up and, eventually, it just goes back to the two main options, but still saying it's not connected. This is using Windows XP and SageMC.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
Old 07-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
I installed this on my SageTV server without any issues, but the SageTV client install is not working. I have .Net 3.0 installed (just like the server), but when I click to connect to Pandora, it just sits there. No Java window ever comes up and, eventually, it just goes back to the two main options, but still saying it's not connected. This is using Windows XP and SageMC.
Did you unzip the whole thing to your client such that the "cncb" sub-directory exists under "SageTV/SageTV"? If that directory exists and the JAR file is present there might be a conflict in the communication port. You can change this by modifying "pandora/port" in the SageClient.properties file.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Yep, that directory definitely exists, but I'll need to verify the JAR file is there when I get home. I'll also try changing the port, as you suggested and report back tonight. Thanks!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:12 PM
SageTVaholic

I verified that the JAR file is there. I verified that the rest of the files went to their proper homes, as well. I uninstalled .Net 3.0 and .Net 2.0 SP1 and then installed .Net 2.0, as well as upgrading Java.

One thing I did note of interest, but maybe it's nothing, is that when I looked in Sage.properties (obviously, on the server), I did NOT see any "pandora" entries, yet it works fine on the server. In SageClient.properties on the client, I have the following entries:

pandora/channel=0
pandora/controlapp={sagedir}\\cncb\\PandoraWinCom.exe
pandora/controlargs={command}
pandora/id=
pandora/port=2908

In SageClient.properties on the server, I have the following entries:

pandora/channel=0
pandora/controlapp={sagedir}\\cncb\\PandoraWinCom.exe
pandora/controlargs={command}
pandora/id=georgelsjr
pandora/port=2908
pandora/sort=name
pandora/stations=http\://feeds.pandora.com/feeds/people/{ID}/stations.xml

Does it matter that I'm running the Sage Service on the server? I don't think it matters, but my server also does not run SageMC on it.

I even reverted to a previous Sage Client state and tried reimporting Pandora without any change in the outcome. Any other ideas?

I really like what it did on the server and would love to get this working where I actually would use it!

Thanks for the effort on this and your assistance so far.

Last edited by Skirge01; 07-25-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:22 PM
Sage Icon

Your setup sounds fine. Did you try changing the port?
Old 07-25-2008, 09:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Yep, tried several random ones. I even tried turning off the client's firewall entirely (Comodo), to ensure it wasn't blocking it. I do have a hardware firewall, but I'm not sure why it'd block the port only for the client. Just for kicks, I'll try forwarding port 2908 on the hardware firewall.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:40 PM
SageTVaholic

No go on the port forwarding either. Same result.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Sage Icon

Try running this from the command line:

java -jar "c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv\cncb\PandoraPlayer.jar" 2908

If it doesn't open the player window then we can narrow down the problem a bit.