SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColumbusGEEK View Post
seriously, thank you so much for this. I love Pandora and really dislike dealing with music in Sage. This is a perfect fit.
You're welcome. Let's hope Pandora will stick around for a while...
Old 08-24-2008, 01:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Just wanted to pop in and say THANKS!
This STVi is one of our family favorites.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:28 PM
Sage User

Same here. Just wanted to say thanks. This is AWESOME.

-MB
Old 08-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Unhappy Not working for me ....

I am running Sage 6.4.8 w/ MC and the latest version of Java. I also have a couple other things loaded (BobPhoenix VideoEdit/EPs Video Tools & Netflix) All of these work together. I would like to eventually use the Netflix hack to use Pandora on my extenders.
I am trying to load this on my server first to see that it works before I try to throw the extenders in the mix. I am not running in SVC mode because of the Netflix hack.

The Pandora plugin appears to install correctly. I read thru the thread here and checked all the files & folders are where they belong .. I ran the DOS window command line. Nothing seems to work.

I get the Pandora screens ok. I get the Java browser window and Pandora appears to start loading. However - it always hangs about half way thru the load and if I wait long enough I get a message that says they (Pandora) are experiencing technical difficulty. There were no options to select to sign on to my account.

If I load Pandora thru a regular browser window it works fine. I tried even a simultaneous load with Sage (using Firefox). The browser worked - Sage didn't.

Any ideas out there?
Thanks!
Old 08-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleboyd View Post
If I load Pandora thru a regular browser window it works fine. I tried even a simultaneous load with Sage (using Firefox). The browser worked - Sage didn't.
Make sure it is working in Internet Explorer since that is what is used by the Java window.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
Make sure it is working in Internet Explorer since that is what is used by the Java window.
Thanks for the quick response. Apparently there *is* something wrong with IE. (sigh) God I hate that browser. Ok .. off to figure out what's what.

Thanks again.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response. Apparently there *is* something wrong with IE. (sigh) God I hate that browser. Ok .. off to figure out what's what.

Thanks again.
So I am getting no joy out of IE and Pandora. Pandora refuses to load on 2 machines. One has SP2 and the other has SP3. The tech at Pandora is trying to aim me at Firefox. Is there any way to use FireFox with this plug in?

Apparently I am the only one with this issue. Can anyone tell me if they have any special settings I should use? I have tried EVERYTHING. I even trusted the Pandora IP in my Firewall.

Thanks!
Old 08-29-2008, 03:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
So I am getting no joy out of IE and Pandora. Pandora refuses to load on 2 machines. One has SP2 and the other has SP3. The tech at Pandora is trying to aim me at Firefox. Is there any way to use FireFox with this plug in?

Apparently I am the only one with this issue. Can anyone tell me if they have any special settings I should use? I have tried EVERYTHING. I even trusted the Pandora IP in my Firewall.
No special settings - just the latest version of IE 7 with all the updates. Did you happen to change the IE security settings from the defaults (maybe something is too strict)?
Old 08-30-2008, 05:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
No special settings - just the latest version of IE 7 with all the updates. Did you happen to change the IE security settings from the defaults (maybe something is too strict)?
No changes as far as I know. I have all the lastest updates on this machine. I also went into Internet Options and hit the "reset to default" button. That's got me no where.

(sigh) This plugin is REALLY cool. I just can't seem use it. I am considering a fresh install of the server. If I do that I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks

PS: a question - people are running this with the Netflix plugin right? I wondered if WMP has taken over any DRM issues or something which is why it won't load? It really does seem like a security thing. I never get to the little gold lock icon like I do with Firefox

Last edited by belleboyd; 08-30-2008 at 05:36 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:48 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
(sigh) This plugin is REALLY cool. I just can't seem use it. I am considering a fresh install of the server. If I do that I'll let you know how it goes.
It should be possible with some work to use Firefox with the plugin. I can look into this if you don't want to rebuild your server. Let me know.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:34 AM
Sage Expert

Did we determine that this would not work on the HD Extender, without the so called "Netflix" workaround?

Thanks,

Gary Ellis
Old 09-27-2008, 01:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Pandora is fighting hard against the terrestrial radio lobby to stay afloat and are asking for help from their customers - call your congressman if you think Pandora deserves more time to reach a royalty agreement and stay around for us to enjoy!

http://blog.pandora.com/pandora/arch...ssional_e.html
Old 10-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Sage Icon

Problem with Pandora Sage Plugin

Hello on one of my computers the It "kind of works" but it does not look right and there is no cursor and I cannot use the arrows to select. The user interface does not look the same as on my other computers. Please see the attached screen shot. All help appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pandora1.jpg (12.3 KB, 308 views)
Old 10-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1961 View Post
Hello on one of my computers the It "kind of works" but it does not look right and there is no cursor and I cannot use the arrows to select. The user interface does not look the same as on my other computers. Please see the attached screen shot. All help appreciated.
I have seen this before right after I import an STVi. It usually goes away when I close down Sage and restart.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I have seen this before right after I import an STVi. It usually goes away when I close down Sage and restart.
It's frustrating because I have closed out Sage several times and I have restarted the computer still the same thing every time. I tried reimporting the plug in and still no luck. Maybe I should try and remove it from the properties and then reimport. It is doing it on 2 out of 3 workstations.

Mike
Old 10-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Sage Icon

GOT IT - I removed all references to Pandora in the properties file (not sure that mattered) but after that I then reimported the stvi file.

All is good - to the person who said the player was popping up over Sage (not sure if they got that resolved) but you can normalize Sage and then right click on the blue title bar at the top of the Sage window and click Always on top.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 10-07-2008, 11:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Craig, what sort of calls are being used to control the Pandora process from Sage? I'm potentially interested in using your method of running Pandora on my CarPC.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Craig, what sort of calls are being used to control the Pandora process from Sage? I'm potentially interested in using your method of running Pandora on my CarPC.
The player controls are activated with simulated keystrokes. The communication between Sage and the Java Pandora player window is simple "socket" text messages. You can PM me if you want more details.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:31 PM
Sage User

Problem w/ Pause/Play Button

I love the Plugin....been using mini Pandora outside of Sage for a good while.

Here is the question/problem. I cannot get the "pause/play" button in Sage to work. All the other buttons on the side function just fine (once I set up the RSS feed and sedt my "ID").

Does anyone have any ideas on the pause/play issue?

For what it is worth, I even tried this on a fresh install on Sage 6.4.8.184 running net 3.0 w/ sp1.

Local Sage Machine: NVIDIA nForce 680I LT SLI Motherboard, Intel® Core™2 Quad processor with 8MB cache, 2 GB of PC5400 DDR2, 7.1 channel Integrated audio, gigabit LAN, GeForce 8500GT 512MB PCI-Express video. HDHR and PCI NVidea dual tuner.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Sage User

Aargh....I should have mentioned that I am running Sage on a touchscreen. Pressing the pause/play screen icon has no effect.

What does work are the

Stop:
c:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\SendMessage.exe -C {SAGECONTROL} -N SageWin -m 1258 -W 0 89

and

Pause:
c:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\SendMessage.exe -C {SAGECONTROL} -N SageWin -m 1258 -W 0 6

commands. I guess the pause/play and stop functionality are from the IR remote rather than any screen buttons. Ooh well, I will have to make my own buttons.

Local Sage Machine: NVIDIA nForce 680I LT SLI Motherboard, Intel® Core™2 Quad processor with 8MB cache, 2 GB of PC5400 DDR2, 7.1 channel Integrated audio, gigabit LAN, GeForce 8500GT 512MB PCI-Express video. HDHR and PCI NVidea dual tuner.