SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:29 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Bertelson View Post
Now when I look for those stations that I have subscribed to they are not visible in sagemc. It lists a couple of stations but they are not ones that I have added.
Do you have multiple accounts and did you get the ID for the right one? Did you input just the ID instead of the whole URL/address?
Old 11-10-2008, 08:03 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
Do you have multiple accounts and did you get the ID for the right one? Did you input just the ID instead of the whole URL/address?
I have a single account and I put in the my user name as the ID instead of the whole url address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
You can go to this address in your browser to verify your stations (substitute the ID you used in Sage):

http://www.pandora.com/people/ID

If you see all your stations then PM me your ID and I will try to figure out why you are not seeing them in Sage.
Ok, I put in my username for pandora in the ID(the username is the same one I use for the sagemc pandora ID) and I get the same stuff I see in the pandora plug in. So I am doing something wrong.

edit-looks like a fixed it, there was a 1 at the end of my username. I found this by looking in the profile by the leave a comment box on the upper right hand page.

Last edited by AJ Bertelson; 11-10-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:12 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Bertelson View Post
I have a single account and I put in the my user name as the ID instead of the whole url address.
You can go to this address in your browser to verify your stations (substitute the ID you used in Sage):

http://www.pandora.com/people/ID

If you see all your stations then PM me your ID and I will try to figure out why you are not seeing them in Sage.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am attempting to install the Pandora player in SageMC on my PC client. The installation instruction say: Select the "Connect to Player" button in Sage.

Where is the "Connect to Player" button?

Last edited by mbowling; 11-10-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowling View Post
Where is the "Connect to Player" button?
Navigate to the Pandora screen in Sage.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

I had tried looking there but all I see is a black screen with the message "Not connected". There are also some letters in the upper left part of the screen that end in .yer.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I had tried looking there but all I see is a black screen with the message "Not connected". There are also some letters in the upper left part of the screen that end in .yer.
I have seen a black screen before which is usually fixed by exiting Sage and starting it up again. If this doesn't fix it try to reload the original SageMC STV and import the Pandora STVi again.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the suggestions.

I tried rebooting the client but I was still seeing the black "Not connected" screen when selecting "Pandora" from the main menu.

I loaded the default STV and then reloaded SageMC. I'm now using SageMC_169-2.xml. I then re-imported the Pandora STVi but I am still seeing the black "Not connected" screen.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I loaded the default STV and then reloaded SageMC. I'm now using SageMC_169-2.xml. I then re-imported the Pandora STVi but I am still seeing the black "Not connected" screen.
Try importing the Pandora STVi from the original "SageMC_169.xml". If you're starting from "SageMC_169-2.xml" it implies you already have imported some STVi's that could be causing a conflict.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm making progress. I imported the STVi into SageMC_169.xml and added "Pandora Radio" to the menu. In my earlier attempt I named it "Pandora". Not sure if this made a difference.

So now I have the "Connect to Player" button. I selected it and Pandora music started playing. I already had a Pandora account set on this computer. Then I assigned my station ID in "Set Stations ID". But now when I select "Connect to Player" I get an Internet Explorer error box that says "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http://www.pandora.com/"cmd=mini"

Last edited by mbowling; 11-11-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
But now when I select "Connect to Player" I get an Internet Explorer error box that says "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http://www.pandora.com/"cmd=mini"
I have seen that inexplicable error a couple times. But I just choose "Close Player" and then connect to the player again and don't see the error.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

I thought I would post an update on my problem when trying to use the Pandora import. I was receiving the following error from Internet Explorer: "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http://www.pandora.com/"cmd=mini". After trying the suggestion of closing and opening the player with no success I decided that this was a good reason to rebuild my client. I had been needing to do this anyway. So I formatted the hard drive and reinstalled XP, SageTVClient, SageMC and the Pandora import. After doing this I was still receiving the same error when attempting to use Pandora Radio within SageMC. I had completed the installation steps for SageMC and the "One-time Setup". I typically don't use the default STV so I had not completed the "Default STV" installation steps. I installed the Pandora import in the default STV and now it is working normally in SageMC. Hopefully this will help someone in the future who may experience this problem.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Sage Expert

I didn't see Pandora in my Media Center menu at first. I'm using the standard interface with NeilM's dynamic menus, so I needed to follow the SageMC instructions. Maybe add that to the instructions.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Sage Expert

Another bump in the road. Pandora has my ID in lower case, but the extender can only accept upper case. I tried changing it in the properties file but it kept changing it back. So, turn OFF the extender, make the change, and turn it back on for it to stick.

Works Great. Thanks!
Old 11-18-2008, 02:39 PM
Sage Expert

Is there a way to keep the audio playing when in the Pandora menu?
Old 11-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I installed the Pandora import in the default STV and now it is working normally in SageMC. Hopefully this will help someone in the future who may experience this problem.
I'm pretty sure this is just a coincidence but in any case I'm glad you got it working.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedml View Post
Another bump in the road. Pandora has my ID in lower case, but the extender can only accept upper case. I tried changing it in the properties file but it kept changing it back. So, turn OFF the extender, make the change, and turn it back on for it to stick.
Yes, the extender has to be off to make any changes to the .Properties file. I know with SageMC you can press the Guide button to change case.

Quote:
Is there a way to keep the audio playing when in the Pandora menu?
Are you using a tv tuner with the extender and the "loopback" technique? This may not work with the standard STV. I will try to look into this for the next update.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

HD1000 Extender?

Does this plugin work via the HD-1000 or only via a desktop SageTV client?

Capture Devices: HDHomerunXTEND, HDHomerunPrime
Old 11-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandypuff View Post
Go to the download page to read info about this.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandypuff View Post
It'll work, but takes a bit of work. I also posted instructions on how to make it work without requiring a hardware encoder, you just need the Virtual Audio Cable software. Only works with Sage in non-service mode though.