SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Excuse my ignorance, but...

if this plug-in is basically for the Desktop client, then what is the point of it? Isn't it easier to just use the Pandora Desktop application?

Capture Devices: HDHomerunXTEND, HDHomerunPrime
Old 11-24-2008, 01:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

My Sage PC client is not used as a desktop computer. It is out of sight and out of mind behind the entertainment center door. When using Sage I don't even consider that I'm using a PC. I'm watching TV. The keyboard and mouse are also out of sight and out of mind. Everything is controlled by the remote control. The Pandora plug-in allows me to listen to Pandora radio through the TV interface.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am having the same issue as MBowling.
For some reason or another i get the Internet Explorer error box that says "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http://www.pandora.com/"cmd=mini" .

it was working fine a few weeks ago and I have checked my ID (only have one). I don't believe I have made any changes to Sage.
It's also a cioncidence that more than one of us are experincing the same issue. I will try to re import the stv.

System:
AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 4400+ 2.30GHz\2GB RAM\Vista HomeSP2\HDHomerun_firmware_20090802\nVIDIA GeForce 8500GT 8500 GT 512MB\Optical Out to reciever
Software:
SageTV:6.6.2.218|SageMC:6.3.9a pre-release 41|Metadata tools:3.1|Java: 1.6.0_13|sagemc.jar: 6.3.8|Phoenix.jar: 1.43
Old 11-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
update java
Old 11-29-2008, 11:43 AM
Sage User

What is in the PandoraWinCom.exe???
I'm using Linux as my Server and the Extender as the connection to the Audio & video system.
I imported the .STVi to the default STV Extender and all went well.
I can get to the Pandora Radio Button but when I click the "Connect to Player" button I get nothing.
Wondering if the PandoraWinCom.exe is the problem.
If I knew what the exe does I can try to fix for the Linux platform.

Eric
Old 12-01-2008, 12:34 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
I had the error again today seems it comes back after i restart for some reason but a quick load of the pandora player in IE seemed to fix it again its minor headache butat least it keeps it working
Old 12-01-2008, 10:11 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESkel View Post
What is in the PandoraWinCom.exe???
I'm using Linux as my Server and the Extender as the connection to the Audio & video system.
I imported the .STVi to the default STV Extender and all went well.
I can get to the Pandora Radio Button but when I click the "Connect to Player" button I get nothing.
Wondering if the PandoraWinCom.exe is the problem.
If I knew what the exe does I can try to fix for the Linux platform.
"PandoraWinCom" is an exe I wrote to control the Pandora player in Windows by sending keystrokes to the player window. You would eventually have to replace this with something for Linux to control the player but this is not used to launch the player so you are having a different problem.

The player is launched by executing with the "java.exe -jar" convention but I don't know if this works in Linux? Try running the following from the command line, terminal window, or whatever it is called:

Code:
java.exe -jar "PATH\PandoraPlayer.jar" 2522
and replace PATH with the full path to the "cncb" directory under SageTV.

If you are able to launch the player window I think it will try to use Firefox so you need this installed (although there could be some additional setup that may be necessary).
Old 12-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

No Pandora option on menu

I followed the Installation Instruction for the - Default STV.
the stvi file((usually up one directory) was there as indicated and the file appeared to load without any problems.
And no Pandora option was available on the Media Center menu

I have stopped and restarted the Sage server and client on a number of occasions .. what can I do next ...

-Craig
1 notebook 1G of RAM 1.6Ghz Windows XP Home & 2 desktops win2k P3
Orig Ver: Sage 2.2
Old 12-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdthom View Post
I followed the Installation Instruction for the - Default STV.
the stvi file((usually up one directory) was there as indicated and the file appeared to load without any problems.
And no Pandora option was available on the Media Center menu
Are you using the Dynamic Menu import for the Default STV? If so, I think you need to add the menu item manually as described in the SageMC setup.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
The player is launched by executing with the "java.exe -jar" convention but I don't know if this works in Linux? Try running the following from the command line, terminal window, or whatever it is called:

Code:
java.exe -jar "PATH\PandoraPlayer.jar" 2522
and replace PATH with the full path to the "cncb" directory under SageTV.

If you are able to launch the player window I think it will try to use Firefox so you need this installed (although there could be some additional setup that may be necessary).

Ran the java code in a terminal window and got this result:
NativeSwing: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display NativeSwing: at chrriis.dj.nativeswing.NativeInterface.main(NativeInterface.java:812)
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
Old 12-01-2008, 08:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Are you using the Dynamic Menu import for the Default STV? If so, I think you need to add the menu item manually as described in the SageMC setup.
I also have this problem. Is the Dynamic Menu import required for this plugin to work? I am not using the Dynamic Menu plugin.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESkel View Post
Ran the java code in a terminal window and got this result:
NativeSwing: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display NativeSwing: at chrriis.dj.nativeswing.NativeInterface.main(NativeInterface.java:812)
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
Sorry, I don't run Linux but I think you need to download SWT for Linux from here: http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/...-linux-x86.zip

Extract the .jar files to the "cncb\lib" directory and see if it will run.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox View Post
I also have this problem. Is the Dynamic Menu import required for this plugin to work? I am not using the Dynamic Menu plugin.
No, it should add a menu item to the Media Center menu if you are not running the Dynamic Menu plugin. It still seems to work ok for me in v6.4.8 of Sage.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Sage Icon

I'm not sure why it didn't work before but I just re did all my imports and now it is there...shrug
Old 12-02-2008, 11:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Thanks .. adding the menu item worked
1 notebook 1G of RAM 1.6Ghz Windows XP Home & 2 desktops win2k P3
Orig Ver: Sage 2.2
Old 12-02-2008, 08:16 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00st3r View Post
I am having the same issue as MBowling.
For some reason or another i get the Internet Explorer error box that says "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http://www.pandora.com/"cmd=mini" .

it was working fine a few weeks ago and I have checked my ID (only have one). I don't believe I have made any changes to Sage.
It's also a cioncidence that more than one of us are experincing the same issue. I will try to re import the stv.
Been running into this issue for the last couple of days, I updated java tonight to no avail.

Loading pandora outside of sage works through IE(I am not controlling it with sage just testing it).

Pandora crashes though when I load it through sagemc. I believe it is a java error.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well, I had it working for a few days. Yesterday, Pandora was playing fine through Sage. Today when I came home from work I selected "Connect to Player" and the Pandora window opened and music started playing. However, the screen in SageMC says "Not connected". I manually closed the Pandora player and restarted the Sage client. This didn't help so I re-imported the STVi but this didn't help either. I also tried it through the default STV but had the same results. What else can I try?
Old 12-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowling View Post
What else can I try?
Reboot? If all else fails you can try to change the communication port ("pandora/port" in .Properties file).
Old 12-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Reboot? If all else fails you can try to change the communication port ("pandora/port" in .Properties file).
I rebooted the client but it didn't resolve the problem.

I changed the port in the SageClient.properties file to 8585 but it didn't help.

This is disappointing. The Pandora plug-in was one of my favorite parts of Sage.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:39 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I tried rebooting a couple of times last night and I will try the pandora port change but I don't think it is something with sage.

mbowling are you running vista, I am?