SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 04:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
EP,
Quick question... I started using this version to start doing my Sage encodes from outside SageTV. I wrote 2 .bat files to semi automate the process. The first one makes a file that Dirmon2 can monitor. The second one starts tv2pc.exe using the first file as an input.

Could you post the batch files?
Old 02-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Could you post the batch files?
Sure. See attached zip file.

Unzip to folder.

Set parameters:
CreateQueueFile.bat
VIDTOOLPATH=path to the directory containing EP's awesome tv2pc.exe.
STATUSFOLDER=path to the folder that dirmon2 monitors for files to process.
EMPTYFILE=path the text file in the attached zip.

StartEncode.bat
VIDTOOLPATH=same as above
EMPTYFILE=same as above
Set the profile, and switches (just like you would the bat files that EP's tool makes).
I have the tool stored on the G: drive. Modify appropriately for your system.

TO USE:
Drag and drop a video to encode onto CreateQueueFile.bat (or place a shortcut to CreateQueueFile.bat in your SendTo directory and then it shows up in select file, right click, send to.). You can drag up to 10 videos at once onto the bat file. This will create a .queued file for each file in the statusfolder directory that Dirmon2 can monitor (the contents are the path to the to be encoded video).

Set up dirmon2 to monitor your StatusFolder for the .QUEUED files and to run StartEncode.bat (see the included jpg).

To test: Drag a video onto createqueuefile.bat. Then drag the .QUEUED file onto startencode.bat.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Start_VideoTools3.5.zip (69.4 KB, 342 views)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 02-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Sage Icon

EP,
Quick question regarding multiple audio tracks. Does your code handle them? If I use the /copyaudio switch will it copy ALL the tracks or just the primary (first) one.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 02-22-2009, 09:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
EP,
Quick question regarding multiple audio tracks. Does your code handle them? If I use the /copyaudio switch will it copy ALL the tracks or just the primary (first) one.
I'm working on getting multiple audio tracks working, but in my mediaScraper code base. I've got it going for DVD's where it will automatically scan them and pull out the main track as well as the commentary tracks, but I haven't extended that to TV shows yet.

Edit: I'm still testing mediaScraper for encoding, but its pretty much done, so I hope to have it out next Sunday. I'll be calling it mediaShrink and it'll be pretty much the exact same thing as this except...
  • 100% CLI encoding tool, 0% SageTV plug-in - I don't plan on making a STVi around this. I'd much rather ask Sage to open up their encoding engine enough so that you could call my tool from Sage's implementation.
  • Rewritten from the ground up - I completely rewrote this tool because there was too much legacy code from DVD burning and the STVi and it was making it to difficult for me to add in new features that I wanted. Now that I don't have it I've been able to fix a lot things that would have been impossible in the old code.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 02-22-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Edit: I'm still testing mediaScraper for encoding, but its pretty much done, so I hope to have it out next Sunday. I'll be calling it mediaShrink and it'll be pretty much the exact same thing as this except...
  • 100% CLI encoding tool, 0% SageTV plug-in - I don't plan on making a STVi around this. I'd much rather ask Sage to open up their encoding engine enough so that you could call my tool from Sage's implementation.
  • Rewritten from the ground up - I completely rewrote this tool because there was too much legacy code from DVD burning and the STVi and it was making it to difficult for me to add in new features that I wanted. Now that I don't have it I've been able to fix a lot things that would have been impossible in the old code.
That's awesome I can't wait to try it out. I think making it 100% outside of Sage is the right choice. It's not worth the development effort to make it work inside of Sage. Hopefully Sage will be agreeable to opening up their engine enough to call your tool but still not a deal breaker. I have been manually starting my encodes and its not really a problem. I haven't tried this but I imagine one could use Sage Job Queue to execute the batch file I posted (or one similar) once conditions have been met (watched/archived/etc) to have it be an automated process.

Couple of questions regarding the new tool:
1. Will it support re-encoding of .ts files from the hd-pvr?
2. How about blu-ray remuxing to mkv (although it looks we may not need to do that for much longer with the new 6.5.11 betas... need to get myself an hd-200)?
Check out TVExplorer
Old 02-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Sage Icon

So by next Sunday you mean March 1, 2009 right? I don't know if I can wait for another week after that.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:01 AM
SageTVaholic

fyi, I went skiing today instead of working today, so I'll zip everything up and post it tomorrow
Old 03-02-2009, 11:37 PM
SageTVaholic

MediaShrink Beta1

https://sourceforge.net/project/show...kage_id=312464

Just drag and drop your videos onto mediaShrink.exe and they'll get run though the autoEncode profile.

I'll post a new thread detailing whats different tommorow.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is the new thread up? If it is can someone link me to it, b/c I can't find it?

I really miss your old plug-in. I can't wait to have a new tool for auto encoding files (DVDs/HD Recordings). I just caught up on this whole thread and it seems I've come back at a good time. I like MediaScraper already and MediaShrink is just around the corner.

Other:
Mitsubishi 65" DLP
5.1 Speakers on a Kenwood Receiver - Digital SPDIF
Harmony 1000
Old 03-03-2009, 07:53 PM
SageTVaholic

New thread!

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40079
Closed Thread

Tags
compress, encode, handbrake, mencoder, sagemc