SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 02:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
EP,

Where do you get the Videoredo path from. I know it's different in Suite and videoredo.

The videoredo path is.

C:\Program Files\VideoReDoPlus

PS also How would I resize from 720 to 512.?
Yeah, i'm hard coding it right now, have it search both paths.

Add this switch to "Auto Encode.bat"

/verticalScale 512

I've updated the first post with this info too.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:50 PM
SageTVaholic

EP,

Thanks I think that should be

/horizontalScale 512.... Everything is working ok. I did some Inplace etc... and they work well. I used both autoencode and menoder encode. Just one more thing is there a switch for bitrate?

Found it
/clibitrate

Last edited by nyplayer; 09-01-2008 at 04:57 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Here's a link to a little beta action...

SageMC Video Tools v3.5 beta

General Testing:
This is what I really care about, I want people to throw various recordings at it and see that there are no unexpected crashes and their happy with the results.

* Extract download into to its own folder (NOT SAGETV FOLDER)
* Drag and drop a recording (or VIDEO_TS folder!) onto perl2dvd.exe

This will encode the recording using the "Auto Encode" profile and drop the new video right next to the original.
I'm sure that I'm doing something wrong, but I didn't get a new video. I got a *.Auto Encode.compress.zip file instead.

I see this in the log file:

Code:
** Status Message**
ThisisEmilyYeung-SwimmingWithDolphins-7890960-0.Auto Encode
compress
Error
can't create batch file: R:\tv\ThisisEmilyYeung-SwimmingWithDolphins-7890960-0.mpg.Auto Encode.compress.WorkFolder\ThisisEmilyYeung-SwimmingWithDolphins-7890960-0.2_auto_encode.0.18.dumpVideo.bat
  + Zipping logFiles
    - R:\tv\ThisisEmilyYeung-SwimmingWithDolphins-7890960-0.mpg.Auto Encode.compress.WorkFolder
      + delete.me (0.03 kbs)
      + ThisisEmilyYeung-SwimmingWithDolphins-7890960-0.2_auto_encode.0.15.handbrake_1.bat (0.79 kbs) -> zipping
      + ThisisEmilyYeung-SwimmingWithDolphins-7890960-0.2_auto_encode.0.15.handbrake_1.bat.log (0.88 kbs) -> zipping
      + ThisisEmilyYeung-SwimmingWithDolphins-7890960-0.2_auto_encode.0.15.handbrake_1.done (0.01 kbs)
      + ThisisEmilyYeung-SwimmingWithDolphins-7890960-0.2_auto_encode.0.15.handbrake_1.log (108.88 kbs) -> zipping
      + ThisisEmilyYeung-SwimmingWithDolphins-7890960-0.2_auto_encode.0.15.handbrake_1.main.ffmpegInfo.txt (7.35 kbs) -> zipping
      + ThisisEmilyYeung-SwimmingWithDolphins-7890960-0.2_auto_encode.0.15.handbrake_1.main.mkv (60687.02 kbs)
      + ThisisEmilyYeung-SwimmingWithDolphins-7890960-0.clip_1.csv (109.69 kbs)
      + ThisisEmilyYeung-SwimmingWithDolphins-7890960-0.clip_1.logo.txt (20.79 kbs) -> zipping
      + ThisisEmilyYeung-SwimmingWithDolphins-7890960-0.ffmpegInfo.txt (0.81 kbs) -> zipping
      + ThisisEmilyYeung-SwimmingWithDolphins-7890960-0.originalMediaInfo.txt (1.33 kbs) -> zipping
Old 09-03-2008, 10:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Is R:\ a network drive?
Old 09-04-2008, 04:26 AM
Sage Icon

No, local. But I figured out what it was...and, it was pilot error.

I run COMODO firewall, and I must have missed some of the requests to allow this new application (perl2dvd) to create files. So it crapped out because it couldn't write, but it was due to the firewall not allowing it.

I ran it again while paying more attention, and it seemed to run fine.

thanks!!

Matt
Old 09-04-2008, 02:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Problem with Cutting Commercials.

EP,

There is a serious problem with cutting commercials I tested mencoder profile with a file and got bad results.

Show 30 mins long
VideoRedo Cut File 21:56
Final Avi 16:32

It appears to cut the Avi file again.

See log attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt PardontheInterruption-8814091-0.mencoder.compress.log.txt (167.1 KB, 402 views)
Old 09-04-2008, 04:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
EP,

There is a serious problem with cutting commercials I tested mencoder profile with a file and got bad results.

Show 30 mins long
VideoRedo Cut File 21:56
Final Avi 16:32

It appears to cut the Avi file again.

See log attached.
My motto: measure once, cut twice

But yeah, that's awful and I'll have a fix out tonight.

Edit: Hmm, this is a strange issue. Right now, I determine if the commercials are actually cut by checking the edl file for the total length expected to be cut and comparing that to the new video length. I had to do that before because mencoder commercial cutting was so flacky sometimes it wouldn't cut anything and I needed to know if it failed. Your problem seems to be that there was no edl file so it didn't have a new time to check against. Now with VRD things actually work reliably so I guess I can start assuming that if I ask it to cut something, then it was cut.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 09-04-2008 at 08:26 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:18 AM
SageTVaholic

EP,

There was an EDL file along with a VPRJ file. This only happens when there is an "EDL" file. If i delete the EDL file before running it when using videoredo everything works fine.

Also when there is no VPRJ and there is an EDL it does not work. See log Attached.

PS. I use Show Analyzer.
Attached Files
File Type: txt PardontheInterruption-8814091-0.mencoder.compress.log.txt (48.1 KB, 367 views)

Last edited by nyplayer; 09-05-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:50 PM
SageTVaholic

I ironed out a few problems in the code and that should get it working as I intended, but i'm not really sure what I should be doing in the case where no edl or vprj file exists but the user requested to cut the commercials.

My two easiest options are to use VRD's ad detective or my included comskip. Between these two i'm leaning towards comskip as I think its default settings are a bit more accurate and I can run it hidden.

Thoughts?

Bear in mind that it'd be very difficult for me to determine the location of the commercial detecting software your using (SA or Comskip) and run it with your settings because there's no standard location for any of that stuff.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:17 PM
SageTVaholic

I just added a lot of bug fixes, just redownload from the link in the first post and overwrite the original files.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:07 AM
SageTVaholic

EP,

I believe that there might be an error where you check for the regular video redo not the suite.

Reg Path
C:\Program Files\VideoReDoPlus\VideoReDo.exe

Also if there is no VPRJ but there is a EDL it appears that it does not complete. The script errors out. See screenshot attached.

Also when you do a no replace... where you put the cut file besides the original you should rename the edlcut file back to edl.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NOVPRJ.jpg (54.4 KB, 366 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt PardontheInterruption-8814091-0.mencoder.compress.log.txt (58.0 KB, 717 views)

Last edited by nyplayer; 09-06-2008 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
EP,

I believe that there might be an error where you check for the regular video redo not the suite.

Reg Path
C:\Program Files\VideoReDoPlus\VideoReDo.exe

Also if there is no VPRJ but there is a EDL it appears that it does not complete. The script errors out. See screenshot attached.

Also when you do a no replace... where you put the cut file besides the original you should rename the edlcut file back to edl.
Bah, bad copy and paste. Download the newest perl2dvd.exe from here and it should solve the bad path Your other problem seems to be that edl2vprj.exe isn't working and i'm a little confused about that. Can you send me the failure zip file @ perl2dvd(at)gmail(dot)com?
Old 09-07-2008, 09:33 AM
SageTVaholic

EP,

It appears that the batch file EDL2VPRJ is bad. It does not use the exe it uses the pl. see code below. Also in the regular videoredo search path you have "videoredo3" instead of "videoredo"

Code:
c:\Development\Development\perl2dvd\edl2vprj.pl "C:\temp\PardontheInterruption-8814091-0.edl" "C:\temp\PardontheInterruption-8814091-0.mpg.mencoder.compress.WorkFolder\PardontheInterruption-8814091-0.2_mencoder.0.10.edl2vprj.vprj.VPrj" > "C:\temp\PardontheInterruption-8814091-0.mpg.mencoder.compress.WorkFolder\PardontheInterruption-8814091-0.2_mencoder.0.10.edl2vprj.log" 2>&1
echo Done > "C:\temp\PardontheInterruption-8814091-0.mpg.mencoder.compress.WorkFolder\PardontheInterruption-8814091-0.2_mencoder.0.10.edl2vprj.done"
This causes an instance ot notepad to open edl2vprj.pl

Last edited by nyplayer; 09-07-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
EP,

It appears that the batch file EDL2VPRJ is bad. It does not use the exe it uses the pl. see code below. Also in the regular videoredo search path you have "videoredo3" instead of "videoredo"

Code:
c:\Development\Development\perl2dvd\edl2vprj.pl "C:\temp\PardontheInterruption-8814091-0.edl" "C:\temp\PardontheInterruption-8814091-0.mpg.mencoder.compress.WorkFolder\PardontheInterruption-8814091-0.2_mencoder.0.10.edl2vprj.vprj.VPrj" > "C:\temp\PardontheInterruption-8814091-0.mpg.mencoder.compress.WorkFolder\PardontheInterruption-8814091-0.2_mencoder.0.10.edl2vprj.log" 2>&1
echo Done > "C:\temp\PardontheInterruption-8814091-0.mpg.mencoder.compress.WorkFolder\PardontheInterruption-8814091-0.2_mencoder.0.10.edl2vprj.done"
This causes an instance ot notepad to open edl2vprj.pl
Ahh, great catch

Easiest fix ever. Just open up "encodingProfiles\Cut Commercials.profile" find where it says edl2vprj.pl and change it to edl2vprj.exe. I'll fix it in the build this afternoon.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:46 PM
Sage Icon

EP,

Have you thought about using DVRMS Toolbox to control this rather than Dirmon2? I've been experimenting using DTb with HandBrake to handle the actual compressions with some decent luck. It took some tweaking since DTb wasn't aimed at mpg files originally, but babgvant has been great about adapting it. This allows me to automatically compress all manual and favorite recordings instead of just favorites. You could write the action in a .dll file and it would make the tool that much better. (Just a thought, but as you can tell I'm pretty sold on this right now.)
Old 09-07-2008, 03:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Ahh, great catch

Easiest fix ever. Just open up "encodingProfiles\Cut Commercials.profile" find where it says edl2vprj.pl and change it to edl2vprj.exe. I'll fix it in the build this afternoon.
That worked.... I did all sorts of tests on the mencoder profile they all work.

With /cutComm
1. EDL no VPRJ worked.
2. VPRJ no EDL worked.

I also tested the codec switches /divx /xvid and the default x264. They worked fine.

The only oustanding thing is the videoredo path.

As far as no EDL or VPRJ when cutComm switch is on maybe you can have a preference file for the path to comskip or showanalyzer.

Last edited by nyplayer; 09-07-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The only outstanding thing is the videoredo path.

As far as no EDL or VPRJ when cutComm switch is on maybe you can have a preference file for the path to comskip or showanalyzer.
Ok, I did another big update that will hopefully solve all of those problems. You can grab it at the same link again (sorry for the giant zip's, this is just easier on me and sourceforge)

#1) I moved seraching for VRD from the .exe to the profile files (which I should have done in the first case)

Cut Commercials.profile
Code:
# Function: Cut Commercials
#
# Attempts to cut commercials from video
#
# Input = %%INPUT_MAIN%%
# Ouput = %%OUTPUT_MAIN%%.%%INPUT_MAIN_EXT%%
#

Profile           =Cut Commercials
    Encode CLI #1     =?>EXISTS:C:\Program Files\VideoReDoPlus\VideoReDo.exe<:>/VideoRedoPath<&>C:\Program Files\VideoReDoPlus\<=>EXISTS:C:\Program Files\VideoReDoTVSuite\VideoReDo3.exe<:>/VideoRedoPath<&>C:\Program Files\VideoReDoTVSuite\<?
    Encoder #1        =setOptions
    Encode CLI #1     =?>INPUT_MAIN:videoCodec=~mpeg2video&&VideoRedoPath<:>VRD_CutCommercials<=>EXT:edl<:>mencoder_CutCommercials<?
    Encoder #1        =insertFunction
So if the path needs any more tweaking you can modify it this file.

#2) I also added anther function for deciding what to do if an EDL or VPRJ file doesn't exist...

Cut Commercials.profile

Code:
# Function: Generate_ComCutFile_Comskip
#
# Geneate a EDL/VPRJ file
#
#   INPUT : %%INPUT_MAIN%%.(mpg|ts)
#   OUTPUT: %%OUTPUT_MAIN%%.mpg
#

Profile           =Generate_ComCutFile_Comskip
    Encode CLI #1     =--ini="%%SAGEDIR%%\perl2dvd\comskip_default.ini" %%ORIGINAL%%
    Encoder #1        =comskip.exe
It currently uses my included comskip, but if you wanted to tweak it to use your own detection meathod, all you would need to do is...
Code:
# Function: Generate_ComCutFile_Comskip
#
# Geneate a EDL/VPRJ file
#
#   INPUT : %%INPUT_MAIN%%.(mpg|ts)
#   OUTPUT: %%OUTPUT_MAIN%%.mpg
#

Profile           =Generate_ComCutFile_Comskip
    Encode CLI #1     ="%%ORIGINAL%%"
    Encoder #1        =ShowAnalyzer.exe
Or whatever the CLI is.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 09-08-2008 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
EP,

Have you thought about using DVRMS Toolbox to control this rather than Dirmon2? I've been experimenting using DTb with HandBrake to handle the actual compressions with some decent luck. It took some tweaking since DTb wasn't aimed at mpg files originally, but babgvant has been great about adapting it. This allows me to automatically compress all manual and favorite recordings instead of just favorites. You could write the action in a .dll file and it would make the tool that much better. (Just a thought, but as you can tell I'm pretty sold on this right now.)
I've been meaning to check out DTb to see what capabilities I could utilize. It sounds like he's got a very intelligent launching system that would be a perfect match this tool.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Sage Icon

It's actually really incredible what it can do. It should be able to take care of a lot of your autoencode configuration using just the processing conditions. I had it using HandBrake for the transcoding and it worked alright, but I'm currently trying to use his profile for ConvertToMatroska that uses FFDshow and Haali to do the conversion. It gives me more control over what I want without having to manipulate a command-line (I configure it using Graphedit). I'm sure you and Babgvant could have knocked out what I worked on for 2 weeks in a matter of a day or two, but it really made me understand how DTb works much more and I appreciate the learning curve. I've really learned some of the incredible things it can do and can certainly see a great deal more in it. The best part is that it could take some of the logic you're having to write and just implement it so you could focus on other things to improve your tool. I haven't figured out how to control it from Sage, but I'm not sure at this point I want to. Others probably would want this control. I'm also not burning DVDs (I only use HD100s so I wouldn't have a use for them), but I think that could be accomplished easily as well.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Ep,

The Cut Commercials.profile works fine using it by itself and finds my videoredo... but when I run the mencoder profile it cannot find my videoredo. Instead it uses the the edl mencoder cut.

logs attached

I get the error below when using mencoder profile.

Code:
 - CLI #8/14 : ?>VideoRedoInstalled<:>VRD_Funcs<?
      + Processing conditional: VideoRedoInstalled<:>VRD_Funcs
        - Conditional List: VideoRedoInstalled
          + Checking: VideoRedoInstalled
            - Does custom conditional (VideoRedoInstalled) exist?
              + False
        = Overall: False, leaving blank!

Tags
compress, encode, handbrake, mencoder, sagemc