SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 07:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, that's another sloppy mistake. Thanks for catching it

Hopefully I'll catch a lot of this crap myself from now on as I finally took the time to whip up a pretty comprehensive test script that can iterate though all of my important options

Code:
set START_DIR=%CD%
set DIRECTORY=D:\perl2dvd\Development
set SEPERATOR=^<^:^>
set COMMONOPTS=/saveLog /onePass

:LOOP
IF (%1)==() GOTO CLEANUP
set FILES=%FILES% "%~f1"
shift
GOTO LOOP

:CLEANUP
cd /D "%DIRECTORY%"

GOTO STRESS
:STRESS_RETURN

GOTO STRESS_HW
:STRESS_HW_RETURN

cd /D "%START_DIR%"
pause
GOTO END

:STRESS
set PROFILES=handbrake mencoder AutoEncode QuickStreamFix CutCommercials
set CONTAINERS=avi mkv mp4
set AUDIO_OPTS=mp3 aac ac3 copyAudio aac51
set VIDEO_OPTS=divx xvid x264
for %%F in (%FILES%) do for %%A in (%AUDIO_OPTS%) do for %%C in (%CONTAINERS%) do for %%V in (%VIDEO_OPTS%) do for %%P in (%PROFILES%) do perl2dvd.pl %COMMONOPTS% /logFileName "%%~nF.%%P.%%C.%%V.%%A" /videoFile "%%F" "%%P" "%SEPERATOR%/%%A%SEPERATOR%/%%V%SEPERATOR%/%%C%SEPERATOR%/outputName%SEPERATOR%%%~nF.%%P.%%C.%%V.%%A"
GOTO STRESS_RETURN

:STRESS_HW
set PROFILES=AutoEncode
set HWPROFILES=audioOnlyMp3 iPhone iPodTouch iPodLowRes psp Zune iPodHighRes ps3 appleTV PocketPC SmartPhone xbox360
for %%F in (%FILES%) do for %%P in (%HWPROFILES%) do perl2dvd.pl %COMMONOPTS% /logFileName "%%~nF.%%P" /videoFile "%%F" "AutoEncode" "%SEPERATOR%/hardwareDevice%SEPERATOR%%%P%SEPERATOR%%SEPERATOR%/outputName%SEPERATOR%%%~nF.%%P"
GOTO STRESS_HW_RETURN
Old 09-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Sage Icon

so i'm wondering why Comskip is being run again. I have an EDL file with the MPG file that I'm compressing:

Code:
    - CLI #25/31 : ?>!(>EXT:VPrj&&EXT:EDL<)<:>Generate_ComCutFile_Comskip<?
      + Processing conditional: !(>EXT:VPrj&&EXT:EDL<)<:>Generate_ComCutFile_Comskip
        - Conditional List: EXT:VPrj&&EXT:EDL
          + Checking: EXT:VPrj
            - Does file exist next to orignal video with a (.VPrj) extention? (R:\tv\GoDiegoGo-TheIguanaSingAlong-8736026-0.mpg)
              + False
          + Checking: EXT:EDL
            - Does file exist next to orignal video with a (.EDL) extention? (R:\tv\GoDiegoGo-TheIguanaSingAlong-8736026-0.mpg)
              + True
        - Conditional List: !0
          + Checking: !0
            - Previously Resolved Condition: 0
              + !False (True)
        = Overall: True, using: Generate_ComCutFile_Comskip
      + Command has no Output
      + Result : Generate_ComCutFile_Comskip
        - Found function profile (Generate_ComCutFile_Comskip)
        - Adding 1 commands
So despite apparently finding my edl file, it appears that comskip is running again. Any thoughts as to why?

Matt

PS Also, slightly off-topic, but can someone point me to the procedure for replacing my MPG with my new MKV file (in the win.bin)?
Old 09-22-2008, 08:01 PM
SageTVaholic

There's a bug in Sage that is randomly deleting shows that you try and recompress so...

*DISABLE MY PLUG-IN IF YOU DON'T WANT SHOWS DELETED*

There's nothing I can do, the bug is in the core.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
There's a bug in Sage that is randomly deleting shows that you try and recompress so...

There's nothing I can do, the bug is in the core.
as i found out even after switching to the original sageMC169.xml the .autocompress files were still being created, so i deleted all of the perl2dvd.exe files from the sagetv folder, and now finally the files are staying there as .mpg only though, but at least they are not being deleted
Old 09-27-2008, 03:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Scott -
Can you provide any additional information about this? (when/under what conditions it happens, etc)
Old 10-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Sage User

Question updates?

I don't see a new version, and I'm afraid of the wrath I'll get if I get some of the recordings deleted....any updates on a new version with a fix, or some workaround?

My "ample" 1Tb of storage is down to 4Gb...a good portion is "suggested" material, so I don't think I'm losing anything important yet, but I really wanted to have the compression stuff (the good stuff that is!) up and running by now

Thanks!

Rich
Old 10-07-2008, 04:37 PM
SageTVaholic

The issue isn't in my code, but in the SageTV core. They have a work around and the real fix will be in their next release (don't know when it will be).

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35757

I actually haven't started using the fix yet, but I've come pretty far with the development of this new version so I plan on setting it loose on my Server this weekend and seeing what happens.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 10-07-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:53 AM
Sage User

In my head I thought I was being clear, I understood it was the core the "new version" I was referring to was a SageTV version, now that I re-read it I see that I wasn't clear at all

I'm a newbie, so just to clarify the "workaround", I did a search in the program files/sagetv directory and found seeker only in this file:

Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageTV3.xml

In there I see the key clear_partials_and_unwanted_when_ir_off 4 different places, 3 have the true next to it, and all are embedded in other code....

Am I looking in the right place?

Thanks for the support and guidance!

Rich
Old 10-11-2008, 10:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Ahh, no worries, I should have been more specific.

That's a setting that goes into sage.properties file. Just close Sage, open up the sage.properties file, add the line anywhere, and then start sage up again.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:25 PM
Sage User

I'm confused...I didn't think this should be this difficult, so I figure I'd check in before I wipe out my installation.

I went here and followed the directions:

http://perl2dvd.wiki.sourceforge.net...ng+SageMC+STVi

I installed the video tools first so that the Dirmon2 setup had files to point to, also the link for dirmon2 is broken, google is my friend

The link for NeroAacEnc.exe is broken, I had to go to nero's site and download the Aac toolkit, it had it in it, and I moved all 3 exe's to the perl2dvd directory.

"and load the latest SageMC_169.xml STV."

I think this is where I've gotten off the path. I don't have that file, my assumption is I need to download it. The only place I found a reference to that file is someplace that has "for sageTV 5.x", since I'm using the latest 6.x release that doesn't really sound like a good idea.

My assumption is that I need to go into the setup and switch the xml file to this new version.

I did try to merge in the SageMCVideoTools_v3_0.xml by doing a "add plugin" option in the default setup, but it doesn't recognize the .xml file (doesn't show up).

The last thing that isn't right (I'm hoping a reboot will handle it) is that the Dirmon2 setup was not quite clear, but I installed the service, but when I hit "start service" it doesn't do anything...

Also pictured on the Dirmon2 setup is comskip, but if I understand this correctly that is a commercial program and as such I can just skip it.

Thanks for any tips/pointers you have, and feel free to let me know just how dense I really am

Rich
Old 10-13-2008, 05:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks1789 View Post
I installed the video tools first so that the Dirmon2 setup had files to point to, also the link for dirmon2 is broken, google is my friend

The link for NeroAacEnc.exe is broken, I had to go to nero's site and download the Aac toolkit, it had it in it, and I moved all 3 exe's to the perl2dvd directory.
Sorry about the deal links, i'll take care of those.

As for the rest you're pretty close to having things working correctly...

Quote:
I did try to merge in the SageMCVideoTools_v3_0.xml by doing a "add plugin" option in the default setup, but it doesn't recognize the .xml file (doesn't show up).
SageMC has its own import STVi button in it's detailed setup screen (just before you get to the default STV's setup screen). That's where you want to import this (and all other SageMC plug-ins).

Quote:
The last thing that isn't right (I'm hoping a reboot will handle it) is that the Dirmon2 setup was not quite clear, but I installed the service, but when I hit "start service" it doesn't do anything...
Dirmon2 code for adding the service is a bit buggy. Hitting the install button should add it to the services control panel, but that interface is pretty buggy for any configuration beyond that. I recommend going to "Control Panal->Administrattive tools->Services", setting up the Dirmon2 service manually (startup=automatic, login as your user), and starting it from there. From there on out Dirmon2's controls should work just fine.

Quote:
Also pictured on the Dirmon2 setup is comskip, but if I understand this correctly that is a commercial program and as such I can just skip it.
I use Dirmon2 for general commercial detection *and* this plug-in so you can just ignore that.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Just a quick update...

From a SageTV plug-in POV things have stalled a bit. I really have no desire to do any work on that front until Sage takes care of bugs regarding swapping compressed shows for original recordings.

However, from the standpoint of a standalone encoding tool things are going great. Here's a run down of what I've been up too...

* Lot's of bug fixes. I finally took the time to write a test script that I can use to exhaustively test my code. I was absolutely shocked at how many bugs it caught the first few times I ran it.

* The name perl2dvd is very old and holds absolutely no meaning anymore so I'm ditching it in favor of TV2PC. No need to worry about backwards compatibility though, I updated perl2dvd.exe to just call tv2pc.exe. Hopefully this will lead to less confusion.

* After a two month build break, the site I use for mencoder binaries is finally able to start putting out SVN builds again. That's great news as there have been a lot of great improvements made in x264 and the mencoder core that I can now take advantage of. This should lead to noticeably faster HDTV encodes.

* I've added additional output to the cmd window so you can see the status of individual encode steps and see how many fps your getting without opening up log files.

You can grab the latest version of the tool from the link in the first post. I'd say i'm just about done working on the tool side so this should be pretty representative of what the final version will look like as well as the quality/speed of the encodes.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

compression log

Hey EP, tried compressing and cutting this video got an error. I'm sure its on my end but Just wanted to give it to you to double check.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Greek-HellWeek-3951499-0.Auto Encode.compress.zip (727.3 KB, 317 views)
OS Drive 320 GB Seagate hard drive: Recording Drives 2x500 GB WDCaviar 64k Clusters, 1x1.5TB Seagate 64k clusters, 1x320 GB Seagate 4k Clusters, 1x250 Seagate external USB 32k Clusters:Tuners(w/5 setup for recording HD; 2 for SD content): 1 Hauppauge HVR-1600, 1 HDHomeRun, 2x Hauppauge HVR-1250; XP Pro 32 bit, SageTV V6.5.9 SAGEMC V6.3.8a
Old 10-30-2008, 09:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Ep.

2 things using the mencoder profile

1. The cleanup is not working all the way through....the mencoder.0.14.EncodePass_1.log is in use so it leaves that log and the output directory.

2. I had a crash on mencoder is it possible to use errorlevel. Mencoder will only return a 0 errorlevel if everything completes fine. If it crashes it returns no errorlevel..

What I would like to see if possible if any errorlevel other than 0 is issued by mencoder cleanup and delete the partial avi.

PS. Another problem if videoredo is not installed and you want to do commercial cutting... comskip will not run it bypasses it.

If I do not have videoredo installed but have an EDL and VPRJ file. Mencoder cuts the commercials out correctly.
Attached is a log without videoredo installed.
Attached Files
File Type: txt AroundtheHorn-9674501-0.mencoder.compress.log.txt (183.6 KB, 319 views)

Last edited by nyplayer; 10-30-2008 at 10:52 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Problems

Here is another Compression error. Can you let me know whats going on.
OS Drive 320 GB Seagate hard drive: Recording Drives 2x500 GB WDCaviar 64k Clusters, 1x1.5TB Seagate 64k clusters, 1x320 GB Seagate 4k Clusters, 1x250 Seagate external USB 32k Clusters:Tuners(w/5 setup for recording HD; 2 for SD content): 1 Hauppauge HVR-1600, 1 HDHomeRun, 2x Hauppauge HVR-1250; XP Pro 32 bit, SageTV V6.5.9 SAGEMC V6.3.8a
Old 11-04-2008, 01:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for the bug reports, i'll get those sorted out ASAP.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Thanks for the bug reports, i'll get those sorted out ASAP.
My conversion of desperate housewives encoded the wrong audio track, everythings in spanish. Also It's not encoding it to dolby digital on my HD recordings.

Last edited by Jetracers; 11-05-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Plugin update

Any update on when we can start using this version to autocompress shows.
Thanks in advance,
Jet
Old 11-05-2008, 02:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Do you have a log for the multiple audio track issue?

As for when its ready to autocompress, I'm pretty much in a holding pattern until Sage straightens up stuff on their end.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetracers View Post
Here is another Compression error. Can you let me know whats going on.
I have not used the dev version of the program but 3.0k does not like long path names. At the end of the log it says it can not find the final video file. The path length to that file is 260 characters. I get errors in my encodes where the script references any file with a long path name. My guess is that video tools can not find the file because of the path length. I pointed this out to EP last week in the 3.0 thread and he said he make sure long path names work in the dev code.
Closed Thread

Tags
compress, encode, handbrake, mencoder, sagemc