SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
My working theory right now is that something is going wrong in VideoRedo and its not copying over the audio after one of the cuts. You could even verify this by seeing if one of your commercial segments is exactly 2 minutes and 13 seconds long.

Also, are you using the latest VRD TV Suite?
Currently im using VideoRedo plus as for verifying commercial on one of my videos it was 2min 8sec segment on the first break

Right now i cut the commercials by hand then watch and compress them i believe on one i compressed last night it still was missing audio at the end and wasn't encoding to 5.1 Dolby, could this still be attributed to videoRedo?
OS Drive 320 GB Seagate hard drive: Recording Drives 2x500 GB WDCaviar 64k Clusters, 1x1.5TB Seagate 64k clusters, 1x320 GB Seagate 4k Clusters, 1x250 Seagate external USB 32k Clusters:Tuners(w/5 setup for recording HD; 2 for SD content): 1 Hauppauge HVR-1600, 1 HDHomeRun, 2x Hauppauge HVR-1250; XP Pro 32 bit, SageTV V6.5.9 SAGEMC V6.3.8a

Last edited by Jetracers; 11-11-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:32 PM
SageTVaholic

The easiest way to know for sure where the audio is getting lost is to start an encode you know loses the audio, go into the work folder, and delete the "delete.me" file. That will prevent any of the temp files from getting cleaned up and then you can play back the videos from each step to see where the audio first gets lost.

Given all the info we have I bet its a VRD issue and you could prolly verify it by downloading a trial of VRD TV suite and seeing if it has the same trouble.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
The easiest way to know for sure where the audio is getting lost is to start an encode you know loses the audio, go into the work folder, and delete the "delete.me" file. That will prevent any of the temp files from getting cleaned up and then you can play back the videos from each step to see where the audio first gets lost.

Given all the info we have I bet its a VRD issue and you could prolly verify it by downloading a trial of VRD TV suite and seeing if it has the same trouble.
alright well i just started another encode so ill let you know the results.
Thanks again,
Jet
OS Drive 320 GB Seagate hard drive: Recording Drives 2x500 GB WDCaviar 64k Clusters, 1x1.5TB Seagate 64k clusters, 1x320 GB Seagate 4k Clusters, 1x250 Seagate external USB 32k Clusters:Tuners(w/5 setup for recording HD; 2 for SD content): 1 Hauppauge HVR-1600, 1 HDHomeRun, 2x Hauppauge HVR-1250; XP Pro 32 bit, SageTV V6.5.9 SAGEMC V6.3.8a
Old 11-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I've done this, now what exactly should i be looking for in the processing files?
Thanks in advance,
Jet
Old 11-11-2008, 03:13 PM
SageTVaholic

The biggest file in there should be the cut mpeg. Try playing that to see if its missing audio.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok i've checked the video the audio drops out at 18:31 out of 20:34 sec long video.

Here's my other question now if i watch this video after its been cut but not compressed the audio is all there, which leads me to believe that something is happening somewhere else in the encode. Am i wrong to assume this?

Last edited by Jetracers; 11-11-2008 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Additional Question
Old 11-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetracers View Post
Ok i've checked the video the audio drops out at 18:31 out of 20:34 sec long video.

Here's my other question now if i watch this video after its been cut but not compressed the audio is all there, which leads me to believe that something is happening somewhere else in the encode. Am i wrong to assume this?
I've been experiencing the same thing with 3.0 with a number of my encoded videos (perhaps all???, haven't checked them all but all the ones i have checked have the same problem). The audio drops out in the last ~10% of the video, it is otherwise right on. I am not doing any commercial cutting. Could it be a mencoder issue or the way the ac3 gets reencoded? I will download the latest 3.5 and see if it has the same problem.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:53 PM
SageTVaholic

These changes are for us...

Quote:
15. Fixed bug where files were marked as incomplete after being replaced by an externally transcoded version
11. When starting playback of a TV recording that is not still recording, restart playback and reset watched status if only a few seconds of playback remain.
I'll be trying to test them out this weekend, hopefully, my football schedule will allow it

edit: !!! Also

Quote:
1. Fixed bug where we'd seek to live sometimes when we shouldn't upon resuming playback when playing back MPEG2 files on the media extender
I can't even count how many sporting events this bug has ruined for me!!

Last edited by evilpenguin; 11-14-2008 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
I will download the latest 3.5 and see if it has the same problem.
So I downloaded 3.5 and tried an encode of The Office from this past week with the auto encode profile... no customizations. The resulting video had the same audio problem as the files encoded with 3.0. Audio dropped out at 29:41 out of 32:59 (or 89.9949 % through the video). Any idea? I attached the log.

My other comments:
The resulting video had a green band in the top ~5% of the video that was not present in the original. I also attached a screen cap showing the problem.

The work folder was not deleted and at the end of the encode there was an access violation problem with the log file (i think this was reported before).

THanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-2104423.jpg (63.8 KB, 229 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip TheOffice-BusinessTrip-208485-0.2_auto_encode.0.25.EncodePass_2.zip (299.0 KB, 215 views)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 11-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
So I downloaded 3.5 and tried an encode of The Office from this past week with the auto encode profile... no customizations. The resulting video had the same audio problem as the files encoded with 3.0. Audio dropped out at 29:41 out of 32:59 (or 89.9949 % through the video). Any idea? I attached the log.

My other comments:
The resulting video had a green band in the top ~5% of the video that was not present in the original. I also attached a screen cap showing the problem.

The work folder was not deleted and at the end of the encode there was an access violation problem with the log file (i think this was reported before).

THanks
I am also getting that green band on the top of the video, as for the work folder i believe that EP is aware of that problem and is investigating a solution.

Also have you noticed if your having the audio problems and green band problems when encoding with MEncoder or Handbrake.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
From a SageTV plug-in POV things have stalled a bit. I really have no desire to do any work on that front until Sage takes care of bugs regarding swapping compressed shows for original recordings.
Any help from the SageTV guys on this? I browsed the release notes of the latest beta and didn't see the fix you were looking for but could have missed it.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Any help from the SageTV guys on this? I browsed the release notes of the latest beta and didn't see the fix you were looking for but could have missed it.
Yep, there were two changes that should help a bunch.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=108

I didn't test it over the weekend because there was too much football to record, but I'll get to it tonight.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yep, there were two changes that should help a bunch.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=108

I didn't test it over the weekend because there was too much football to record, but I'll get to it tonight.
Awesome. Very good news. Thanks EP!
Old 11-17-2008, 01:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

My other comments:

THanks
Quote:
I am also getting that green band on the top of the video, as for the work folder i believe that EP is aware of that problem and is investigating a solution.

Also have you noticed if your having the audio problems and green band problems when encoding with MEncoder or Handbrake.
The green band is prolly a deinterlacer issue with mencoder. Hopefully it'll just be fixed by a quick update to the .exe, I'll take a look at it.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Do you have any idea where the green band is coming from? maybe a cropping problem? 3.0 did not have this problem. I changed the autoencode profile in 3.0 to no cropping. I left the settings alone in the autoencode profile for 3.5

I think that test encode was done with mencoder, but am not 100% positive. When i get home tonight I will try to force a handbrake encode and report back the results.

Also i just opened up the log file in wordpad (much nicer format btw) and at the end of the log it says this:
Quote:
Video stream: 1500.193 kbit/s (187524 B/s) size: 371113748 bytes 1979.019 secs 59302 frames

Audio stream: 384.000 kbit/s (47999 B/s) size: 94992384 bytes 1979.008 secs
diff_time: 120.797, merge_time: 15.844, export: 35123, merge: 12316, copy: 0
I assume that "diff_time" is the difference in time between the audio streams and video streams.

When I get home tonight I will also try an encode with no cropping and also an encode with "copy audio" enabled to see if that makes a difference.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 11-17-2008, 01:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The green band is prolly a deinterlacer issue with mencoder. Hopefully it'll just be fixed by a quick update to the .exe, I'll take a look at it.
Great, look forward to it. Any ideas on the audio issue?
Check out TVExplorer
Old 11-17-2008, 01:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Great, look forward to it. Any ideas on the audio issue?
As far as I know none of my recordings are exhibiting the Audio problem so I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to debug this.

If you have a recording that would fit onto a 4.7 gig DVD, could you possibly send it to me via snail mail?
Old 11-17-2008, 02:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
If you have a recording that would fit onto a 4.7 gig DVD, could you possibly send it to me via snail mail?
Yup, I can do that no problem. Also I have some small ~100mb files that exhibit the same Audio problem when encoded (albeit much less noticeable because it is only 10ish seconds of no audio but it is still there).
Check out TVExplorer
Old 11-17-2008, 11:42 PM
Sage Icon

Missing Audio Debug Tests

OK, So this is what I've found out regarding the audio issue dropping out using the auto encode profile in the last 5-10% of the video.

All tests performed on a 1m05s clip from Knight Rider. It was a short clip I had lying around. 123mb original size. MPEG2-PS Stream from the HDHR. All playback is in VLC unless specified otherwise.

Auto Encode Profile.
Vanilla profile, no modifications to the options.
Auto encode choose mencoder, mkv container, ac3 5.1 audio.

The audio problem is present at about 59s. In VLC the audio stops and the video keeps playing normally to the end. In SMPlayer the last 1/2 sec of audio repeats like a broken record while the video plays normally to the end. If you open up encode_1.log the diff_time is 3.875s (5.8%). In encode_2.log the diff_time is 4.594 (6.9%).

The green bars at the top of the video are present.

Mencoder Profile.
Vanilla profile, no modifications
With the mencoder profile I got an AVI, mp3 stereo audio

No Audio problem. encode_1.log and encode_2.log report no audio diff_time. The file plays fine to the end.

There are no green bars at the top of the video.

The quality of the encode is not that great but I assume that is because I am not using EP's famous auto encode settings.
Handbrake Profile. Vanilla profile, no modifications
Exact same results as the mencoder profile. Even the same file size in the final video. Same quality encode.
Auto Encode Profile with Copy audio switch
mencoder, mkv, ac3 5.1 audio.

According to the encoder_1.log and encoder_2.log the diff_time is 4.422s and 4.438 sec (6.7%). However, during playback the audio and video play fine until the end. Plays fine in VLC, does not play in SMPlayer.

Green bar across the top of the video is present.
Auto Encode Profile with mp3 audio switch
mencoder, mkv, mp3 audio

According to the encoder_1.log and encoder_2.log the diff_time is 4.766s and 4.266 sec (6.5%). However, when I watch the video the audio plays plays fine to the end.
Auto Encode Profile with No Reverse Telecine
mencoder, mkv, ac3 audio, 30fps progressive

Encode_1.log and Encode_2.log report no audio diff_time. However, during playback the audio results are the same as the vanilla Auto Encode Profile (the audio drops out at about 59sec).

No green bars across top of video.
Auto Encode Profile with No Deinterlace
mencoder, mkv, ac3 audio

Encode_1.log and Encode_2.log report 4.297s and 5.000s (7.6%). Playback is the same as the vanilla Auto Encode Profile (the audio drops out at about 59sec).

Green bars are present across the top of the video
Auto Encode Profile with No Rev Telecine, No Deinterlace
mencoder, mkv, ac3 audio

Encode_1.log and Encode_2.log report no audio diff_time. However, during playback the audio results are the same as the vanilla Auto Encode Profile (the audio drops out at about 59sec).

No green bars across the top of the video.
I think I tried about all the permutations that seemed reasonable. Ive attached the encode_1.log, encode_2.log, and main log for each test. I have the rest of the work folder files if anyone wants to take a look.

If anyone has any ideas that would be great. The CopyAudio switch may work but I don't think that is an acceptable long term solution
Attached Files
File Type: zip KnightRider-Test-log-files.zip (385.1 KB, 200 views)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 11-17-2008, 11:46 PM
Sage Icon

Custom Profiles

When doing all my audio tests I created multiple auto encode profiles (each with a unique name). I ran profile2bat.exe and all was good. A bat file for each new profile was created in the BatchFiles subdirectory. However, when I tried to drag and drop a video onto the custom .bat file it gave me an error that "the specified profile does not exist in tv2pc.pl". Is this expected behavior? or am i doing something wrong?
Check out TVExplorer
Closed Thread

Tags
compress, encode, handbrake, mencoder, sagemc