SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
I believe all freely available versions are crippled (even old ones) and will not process H.264 successfully.
Looks like I will have to use PayPal after all... or get a friend to do it for me. Or maybe I'll compile mythcommflag for Windows and give something back. It now has database overrides via command line flags and can output a file. Unfortunately the dependencies are pretty rough.

I donated, so I'm looking forward to trying it out on HD-PVR recordings.

Last edited by psicat; 09-11-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hey Erik,

Is there any way to have different processing profiles?

I've played around with the tuning and got it about 95%. However, for certain channels, I need to enable the before and after padding and on other channels, I do not.

What someone else has done is copied his comskip folder and has the two different settings and has SJQ call the different folders based on the channel.

This is fine as I also run SJQ and can set this up with little issue. However, it is not the cleanest solution. Do you have any suggestions?

Also, would you be able to add the ability to set the before and after commercial skip processing as separately configurable?
Old 09-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
Hey Erik,

Is there any way to have different processing profiles?

I've played around with the tuning and got it about 95%. However, for certain channels, I need to enable the before and after padding and on other channels, I do not.

What someone else has done is copied his comskip folder and has the two different settings and has SJQ call the different folders based on the channel.

This is fine as I also run SJQ and can set this up with little issue. However, it is not the cleanest solution. Do you have any suggestions?

Also, would you be able to add the ability to set the before and after commercial skip processing as separately configurable?
I don't use SJQ but can't you specify a different .ini file for each type of job (in the command line to start comskip)?
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
I don't use SJQ but can't you specify a different .ini file for each type of job (in the command line to start comskip)?
That's a good question. I'll test it out tonight.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Sage Icon

I think somewhere in Comskip Monitor is a .bat file that allows you to call different ini for different channels.

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiier__Dude View Post
Hi Erik,

Yes, I uploaded a sample of a video back in June -- you and I discussed it and there are certainly some odd things going on with the recording. You'd mention the fade-to-black wasn't black, and there were the audio panic messages. I sent you an email a couple of days ago with the details of our conversation.
I once again had a look (its rather busy at the moment) but I still am not able to find why....
please be patient