SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey View Post
It's not a sagetv recording, no video and audio is on the first track.
the Fix is here
http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/6.5.7/MpegDeMux.ax Ver. 2.0.1.33
http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/6.5.7/myasyncflt.ax Ver. 2.2.1.2

Qian
That works fine no lockups.... I do a Quckfix on all my recordings upon completion as do a lot of folks on here.... I guess that is why you are saying it is not a Sagetv recording.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:47 AM
Sage User

Quote:
It seems something with network, did you update myasyncflt.ax?
I have a specall version here for you, which logs more information to trace your problem.
http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/6.5.7/MpegDeMux.zip

Qian
Attached are new logs using the updated mpegdemux, and yes I'm using the updated myasyncflt.ax
Attached Files
File Type: zip MpegDemux.zip (11.2 KB, 190 views)
File Type: zip sagetvclient_0.zip (11.1 KB, 197 views)
Old 01-27-2009, 04:56 PM
SageTVaholic

SageTV Release Candidate V6.5.8

Are these contained in this RC

MpegDeMux.ax Ver. 2.0.1.33

myasyncflt.ax Ver. 2.2.1.2

They are working great and do not want to overide them.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:07 PM
Sage

6.5.8 should contain that same myasyncflt.ax file; but its using the V6.4.8 MpegDeMux
Old 01-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Scaling problem with Nvidia decoder

The latest demux's v32 and v33 have been much better for me .. AV sync seems much better and comskip is good. Just one problem the Nvidia Decoder seems to blow up the picture on (at least) one channel, specifically CNBC HD.

All i can see is the top left corner of the video twice normal size. Using the Cyberlink Decoder correctly scales the video but this decoder results in stuttering playback of HD so i need the nvidia to work. The Sage Decoder also has the same issue if that helps...

Earlier demux versions did not have this problem, but i am not sure exactly which version was the first to do this.

All recordings are from cable box via firewire

Thanks in advance for the help
Old 01-28-2009, 01:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

My clients don't seem to use myasyncfilter.ax, I'm pretty sure they use the windows async file source (from quartz.dll) instead. I verified with unlocker that SageTVClient.exe has a lock on quartz.dll, but it does not on myasyncfilter.ax. I also verified that myasyncfilter.ax does work using graphedit.

Is the myasyncfilter.ax only for the server? My clients are all runing vista ulimtate SP1 and I use UNC recording paths. Is this simply an issue with filter merits?

Thanks,
Sean
Old 01-28-2009, 05:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondo_se View Post
My clients don't seem to use myasyncfilter.ax, I'm pretty sure they use the windows async file source (from quartz.dll) instead. I verified with unlocker that SageTVClient.exe has a lock on quartz.dll, but it does not on myasyncfilter.ax. I also verified that myasyncfilter.ax does work using graphedit.

Is the myasyncfilter.ax only for the server? My clients are all runing vista ulimtate SP1 and I use UNC recording paths. Is this simply an issue with filter merits?

Thanks,
Sean
the client use the same mysyncflt.ax as a server.
I have a quick way to check if a filter is being used, you try to delete a filter file, if it's being used, you can't delete it.

Qian
Old 01-28-2009, 08:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I have a quick way to check if a filter is being used, you try to delete a filter file, if it's being used, you can't delete it.
Qian
Unlocker will tell you the same thing. It tells you which processes have a lock on a file. If any process has a lock on a file, you won't be able to delete it.

So, I even unregistered "File Source (Async.)", and yet somehow directshow and SageTV is still using it. There is no lock on myasyncflt.ax and I can rename while SageTVClient is playing a show.

It must be built tightly into the directshow environment. Does SageTV try to manually choose the file source, or does it just allow directshow to choose the source filter?

So, do you guys test on XP? I wonder if this is a Vista specific issue.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:18 AM
Sage Icon

Just wanted to say that the latest files seem to be working great...I haven't run into a problem yet. Best one's so far donkey, thanks!

(So was it actually the mysyncflt.ax that was the problem? Interested why the 6.4.8 mpegdemux is going into the next version, and not this latest one?)

P
Old 01-29-2009, 09:55 AM
Sage Expert

Agreed -- so far, the best version.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 01-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

yep, latest versions working well for me.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post

(So was it actually the mysyncflt.ax that was the problem? Interested why the 6.4.8 mpegdemux is going into the next version, and not this latest one?)

P
We fixed a bug that makes a trouble in heavy network traffic in mysyncflt.ax, which is Tomox posted a crash bug. as it's a small change in code, pretty safe for the release.

the MpegDeMux hasn't been tested by your guys to say good, although we tested internally very stable, Jeff decided leave it longer in the beta.

Qian
Old 01-29-2009, 01:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
We fixed a bug that makes a trouble in heavy network traffic in mysyncflt.ax, which is Tomox posted a crash bug. as it's a small change in code, pretty safe for the release.
Qian
Hi Qian,

Any idea why my Vista clients aren't using myasyncflt.ax? Do you use XP?

Is anybody else noticing this, or are you just assuming that it's being used?

Thanks.

edit: forgot to ask, is there any sort of debug I can turn on to prove which file source filter is being used? The SageTV debug log doesn't include the source filter in it's filter graph output.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:42 PM
SageTVaholic

I use Vista and when I play a video the Client uses the myasyncflt.ax file. Make sure you are playing a video or watching LiveTv.

Quote:
Hi Qian,

Is anybody else noticing this, or are you just assuming that it's being used?

Thanks.

edit: forgot to ask, is there any sort of debug I can turn on to prove which file source filter is being used? The SageTV debug log doesn't include the source filter in it's filter graph output.

Last edited by nyplayer; 01-29-2009 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I use Vista and when I play a video the Client uses the myasyncflt.ax file. Make sure you are playing a video or watching LiveTv.
What else would I be doing? I'm doing my checks while watching live TV.

How are you verifying that it's using myasyncflt.ax? Do you have a client/server setup, or do you playback and record on the same machine? If client/server, do you use UNC or mapped paths so the client has direct access to the media files, or does your sagetvservice stream the files to you client?

Thanks,
Sean
Old 01-29-2009, 02:06 PM
SageTVaholic

I use client server on a seperate machines. All my drives are connected to the server. I do not use unc paths. On my clients I map the root directory to a drive with the same drive letter as on my server.

for ex om my server I use m:\sagem to record

On my client I map to m drive \\myserver\m$

PS my server is XP Pro and I have simple share disabled.

Last edited by nyplayer; 01-29-2009 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I use client server on a seperate machines. All my drives are connected to the server. I do not use unc paths. On my clients I map the root directory to a drive with the same drive letter as on my server.

for ex om my server I use m:\sagem to record

On my client I map to m drive \\myserver\m$
Ok, so should be same as UNC, i.e. client has direct access to files. So how are you verifying that myasyncflt.ax is being used?

Thanks for your help.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ok, so should be same as UNC, i.e. client has direct access to files. So how are you verifying that myasyncflt.ax is being used?

Thanks for your help.
Try Deleting it while you are playing a file.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Hi Qian,

I tested the Client on both Vista and XP, I am sure myasynclt.ax is used.
you rename myasyncflt.ax, after restart your client, your client shouldn't work to make sure, because I think the myasyncflt.ax is used in your client.

Qian
Old 01-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Sage Icon

I've attached the log from a session tonight where my wife was watching an ATSC recording (started watching while it was still recording), she paused it a few times, skipped around a bit, then paused it for 5 min , then when returning after hitting play the audio and video got all distorted. She stopped playback to release the graph, then started playback again and everything was fine.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MpegDemux.zip (41.4 KB, 169 views)