SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

2.0.1.34 does improve the situation with reclock at the live end of the stream, but it's still not perfect. The supper choppy video is fixed, but the audio gets out of sync if you hit the live end. With the very little testing I did, it seemed like it got back in sync after waiting for a little bit. I'll try to find time to reproduce and get a log.

Thanks.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondo_se View Post
2.0.1.34 does improve the situation with reclock at the live end of the stream, but it's still not perfect. The supper choppy video is fixed, but the audio gets out of sync if you hit the live end. With the very little testing I did, it seemed like it got back in sync after waiting for a little bit. I'll try to find time to reproduce and get a log.

Thanks.
OK, so the behavior is different with the log enabled. Without the log, it is very repeatable that the audio is out of sync when i hit the end of file. With the log, it seems to be working very well. So I can't send you a log that demonstrates the problem.

Maybe this is timing issue that doesn't show up with the log enabled. Logging can often change multi-threaded timing issues. Donkey, if you can't find any reason why that would be, could you at least change the code so it truncates/deletes the old log file instead of appending to it. I don't want to leave logging enabled and end up with huge files after a while.

Thanks.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
OK, so the behavior is different with the log enabled. Without the log, it is very repeatable that the audio is out of sync when i hit the end of file. With the log, it seems to be working very well. So I can't send you a log that demonstrates the problem.

Maybe this is timing issue that doesn't show up with the log enabled. Logging can often change multi-threaded timing issues. Donkey, if you can't find any reason why that would be, could you at least change the code so it truncates/deletes the old log file instead of appending to it. I don't want to leave logging enabled and end up with huge files after a while.

Thanks.
need more tweaks in the code, because video audio sync gap in the HDPVR stream is big and the data rate out of device into a hard disk fluctuates (susceptible to hardware).
Old 02-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Ok, with HD H.264 from r5000 dish box, and log enabled, no audio sync problems at end of stream. However, mpeg-2 from HDHomerun exhibits the problem with the log enabled.

I started up a show, let it play back for a few seconds, skipped to the beginning of the buffer, then skipped to the live end of the buffer using mouse clicks on the timeline. The audio was out of sync after hitting the live end. It sync'd back up after about 4.5 minutes. I'm attaching the log.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: txt MpegDemux.log.txt (18.8 KB, 170 views)
Old 02-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Ok, with HD H.264 from r5000 dish box, and log enabled, no audio sync problems at end of stream. However, mpeg-2 from HDHomerun exhibits the problem with the log enabled.

I started up a show, let it play back for a few seconds, skipped to the beginning of the buffer, then skipped to the live end of the buffer using mouse clicks on the timeline. The audio was out of sync after hitting the live end. It sync'd back up after about 4.5 minutes. I'm attaching the log.

Thanks.
HDHomerun has the same problem of the date rate fluctuation that is caused by network traffic.

Here is an update, I adjusted start point margin at end of stream.
http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/6.5.9/MpegDeMux.ax ver.2.0.1.34 -private 2.0.1.35.

Qian

Last edited by donkey; 02-06-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey View Post
HDHomerun has the same problem of the date rate fluctuation that is caused by network traffic.

Here is an update, I adjusted start point margin at end of stream.
http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/6.5.9/MpegDeMux.ax ver.2.0.1.34 -private 2.0.1.35.

Qian
Unfortunately, that didn't seem to make any difference. Audio still gets out of sync when I seek to live end. Here's another log.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: txt MpegDemux.log.txt (18.3 KB, 169 views)
Old 02-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

So what version of the Demux is in the latest release candidate?
Old 02-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakrzep View Post
So what version of the Demux is in the latest release candidate?
The latest realease and RC are 6.4.8's demux.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Sage User

I tried the .33 and .34 beta with hd-pvr recordings. The .33 had video shuttering issues where the whole video and audio was slowed down and very choppy. The issue was fixable by going back and forth in the video (back 10 seconds then forward 10 seconds) In the .34, this happens less often but when it happens, you cannot stop it. Here is a textual example of what is happening : wwwwwwhhhhhhhaaaatttt iiiiiiiisssss hhhhhhhaaaaaapppppppppppppeeeennnnniiinnnnnnggg wwwwwwwiiiiittthhhh sssaaageeeeetvvvvvvv....

The original demux, which is 6.4.8 is fine and does not shutter at all but does not seek accurately. The new ones shutter like crazy but do seek accuratly..

Im back on 6.4.8 mpegdemux. I was watching 24 last night and in the middle of a action scene it started shuttering :P

Jp
Old 02-11-2009, 12:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightarrow View Post
I tried the .33 and .34 beta with hd-pvr recordings. The .33 had video shuttering issues where the whole video and audio was slowed down and very choppy. The issue was fixable by going back and forth in the video (back 10 seconds then forward 10 seconds) In the .34, this happens less often but when it happens, you cannot stop it. Here is a textual example of what is happening : wwwwwwhhhhhhhaaaatttt iiiiiiiisssss hhhhhhhaaaaaapppppppppppppeeeennnnniiinnnnnnggg wwwwwwwiiiiittthhhh sssaaageeeeetvvvvvvv....

The original demux, which is 6.4.8 is fine and does not shutter at all but does not seek accurately. The new ones shutter like crazy but do seek accuratly..

Im back on 6.4.8 mpegdemux. I was watching 24 last night and in the middle of a action scene it started shuttering :P

Jp
Could you post a log? do you play on a client pc?
Old 02-12-2009, 07:39 AM
Sage Icon

Had a problem last night when watching a recording while it was recording. After commercial skips A/V stutters and stops, pausing for a few seconds usually sorted the problem. Log attached.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip MpegDemux.zip (13.4 KB, 158 views)
Old 02-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Sage Icon

Had one problem with a recording with new demux (.33 or .35) : no audio and video at all, whereas when played back with the old 6.4.x demux all is fine. Logs are attached (I can upload the recording if needed)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MpegDemuxLogs.zip (3.5 KB, 154 views)
Old 02-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
Had one problem with a recording with new demux (.33 or .35) : no audio and video at all, whereas when played back with the old 6.4.x demux all is fine. Logs are attached (I can upload the recording if needed)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Upload a clip 80M, please!

Qian
Old 02-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Upload a clip 80M, please!
The problem being: if I cut the recording, I'm pretty sure it will play fine , I'll try anyway, otherwise the current recording size is 1.8 GB...
Old 02-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
The problem being: if I cut the recording, I'm pretty sure it will play fine , I'll try anyway, otherwise the current recording size is 1.8 GB...
your problem is MpegDemux didn't parse out a stream format in your TS recording, I need a clip to check.

Qian
Old 02-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
Had a problem last night when watching a recording while it was recording. After commercial skips A/V stutters and stops, pausing for a few seconds usually sorted the problem. Log attached.

Thanks

Try this one.
http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/6.5.9/MpegDeMux.ax ver.2.0.1.36.

Qian
Old 02-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
your problem is MpegDemux didn't parse out a stream format in your TS recording, I need a clip to check.
I'm currently uploading Dexter....ts in the "From StephaneM" folder. This is a 30 MB clip, as expected this clip plays fine (the original recording won't play on XP, but it plays fine on Vista...)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:45 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Could you post a log? do you play on a client pc?
Hi, i did not have the logging enabled during the issue. Yes, i am on playing back the video on a client pc which is also the server. Tonight i was watching a Hockey game and the same thing happened but this time it was with the old demux. I will try reinstalling ArcSoft TME because i suspect the update to have broken playback.

Ill post logs if it happens again.

Regards,
Jp
Old 02-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Will do. Thanks!
Old 02-13-2009, 07:32 AM
Sage User

Smile New CoreAVC 1.9 working great with DeMux

Just FYI: The new CoreAVC update just came out and it has given me the best video with the least troubles using it with the beta DeMux (.35 - Just grabbed .36 to try). Had tried ArcSoft, Cyberylink 7/8, MPC, and others.